Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Tied For 7th in NFL Scoring Defense

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Were Top 10 in scoring D, not Total Defense.

Just to clear it up!
    I never said Total D...I just said we're in the top 10, I never specified for what individual thing in defense, but if we're in any top 10 for anything defensive, I think we should all be happy.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

coy bacon Guest

We haven't actually played any power house teams yet. It's easy to beat up on weaklings. The one team that is scoring points whipped us. Losing to Frisco again, (like last year), a sucky team thus far, is a bad indicator I think. Denver looks to be inept offensively, and the win over Az didn't leave anyone very confident.

Its way to early to get excited about our D.

But, I'll take 2-1 anyday over 1-2, and so far we're off to a good start. Luck and a few good breaks count.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    For a new defense still finding it's way, I couldn't have asked for more at this point. We've given up some big plays here and there, but to be holding opponents to 14.7 points per game is impressive IMO.

"Bend but don't break" has been the style so far, but I expect less bending as the defense as a whole improves and continues to be aggresive and opportunistic.
    This weeks game is a good place to start. I would love nothing more than to see the D pitch a shutout against the Liona.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon View Post
    Its way to early to get excited about our D.
    It is indeed early, but I see nothing wrong with being a little excited about our D. A new system with new schemes, new coaches, new players and rookies are all parts of the equation along with who we are playing, so the success we have had so far is very encouraging IMO. You've also got to believe things will only improve as all the parts of that equation become more efficient.

As far as our opponents, we haven't seen powerhouses, but the whiners are 9th in scoring offense/4th in total, Arizona is 13th in scoring offense/15th in total and Denver is 28th in scoring/14th in total, so at this point we're not exactly facing the bottom of the barrel.

coy bacon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    It is indeed early, but I see nothing wrong with being a little excited about our D. A new system with new schemes, new coaches, new players and rookies are all parts of the equation along with who we are playing, so the success we have had so far is very encouraging IMO. You've also got to believe things will only improve as all the parts of that equation become more efficient.
    I feel the same way you do r8. I am a little excited about our play thus far. And, more so, I am much happier with coach L than I thought I would be at this point. And I do believe things will improve.

I have not converted to optimism yet. I think that for this season, I've been the board's pessimist. But against my better judgment, the green blades of hope are piercing the dry, fallow, ground.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon View Post
    I feel the same way you do r8. I am a little excited about our play thus far. And, more so, I am much happier with coach L than I thought I would be at this point. And I do believe things will improve.

I have not converted to optimism yet. I think that for this season, I've been the board's pessimist. But against my better judgment, the green blades of hope are piercing the dry, fallow, ground.
    Fair enough my friend. Here's hoping you are soon an optimist.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Francis Being Coy Bacon View Post
    But against my better judgment, the green blades of hope are piercing the dry, fallow, ground.
    All the while being watered by the liberal sprinkling of unheard-of turnovers at the goal line ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12