Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams @ Titans Gameday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    History tells you that when a rookie plays poorly in his first game he'll never improve? That's an interesting history book you've got.
    History tells us that players with his background do not pan out into franchise QBs. Today's result merely reinforced the lesson.

All Null (allegedly) has going for him at the moment is "poise" and "composure". The Rams organization has excelled over the last decade in destroying those very things in all of their QBs. There is no hope to be had for him.

maxxdigger is offline Registered User

I am sorry for those people thinking that incognito used his head in that so called play when it was actually pushing with his arms while diving forward. cant expect the leagues officials to actually make the right call so why should i expect any of you to make the same call

Quote Originally Posted by maxxdigger View Post
    I am sorry for those people thinking that incognito used his head in that so called play when it was actually pushing with his arms while diving forward. cant expect the leagues officials to actually make the right call so why should i expect any of you to make the same call
    Are you attempting to defend Incognito?

rayzorram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    History tells us that players with his background do not pan out into franchise QBs. Today's result merely reinforced the lesson.

All Null (allegedly) has going for him at the moment is "poise" and "composure". The Rams organization has excelled over the last decade in destroying those very things in all of their QBs. There is no hope to be had for him.
    I'm sorry but I have to disagree because we have an offensive line that has up to today's performance able to block for SJ putting him 2nd in the league. Even todays game becoz of the early scoring by the Titans seemed destined on playcalling to give Null more passing attempts than the run. So there has to be talent in this offensive line to build on for the future. The Rams offensive line has been such variety of combinations of players over the last 5 years it's no wonder Poise and composure has been lost with QB's like Jamie Martin , Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kyle Boller leading our team.

Quote Originally Posted by rayzorram View Post
    I'm sorry but I have to disagree because we have an offensive line that has up to today's performance able to block for SJ putting him 2nd in the league. Even todays game becoz of the early scoring by the Titans seemed destined on playcalling to give Null more passing attempts than the run. So there has to be talent in this offensive line to build on for the future. The Rams offensive line has been such variety of combinations of players over the last 5 years it's no wonder Poise and composure has been lost with QB's like Jamie Martin , Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kyle Boller leading our team.
    What talent? At least two of our starters (Incognito and Barron) should be GONE after this season, and our rookie tackle apparently has a braincase of jelly, which may also mean he needs to be replaced.

You can also add Warner and Bulger to the list of QBs that we have broken.

Jackson's yards have come despite our line, not because of it.

dvbear55 is offline Registered User

it looked as if adam goldberg got blown off the ball every play..

What talent? At least two of our starters (Incognito and Barron) should be GONE after this season, and our rookie tackle apparently has a braincase of jelly, which may also mean he needs to be replaced.

You can also add Warner and Bulger to the list of QBs that we have broken.

Jackson's yards have come despite our line, not because of it.
    Jackson definetly is the Beast but you have to have talent to open up holes against teams knowing what you are going to do. Warner left becoz a kid by the name of Bulger stepped in and by the way this organization you say has destroyed all their QBS.in the last decade. This is what this kid did by 2008.Surpassed 20,000 career passing yards in 81 games, becoming the fifth-fastest quarterback in NFL history to reach 20,000 passing yards behind Dan Marino (74), Kurt Warner (76), Peyton Manning (78) and Daunte Culpepper Then in the 2006 SEASON: Started all 16 games at quarterback for the Rams…earned his second career Pro Bowl selection…finished season with 370 completions on 588 attempts (62.9 completion percentage) for a career-high 4,301 yards and 24 touchdowns with eight interceptions…posted 92.9 passer rating…4,301 passing yards mark the fourth-best single season passing performance in team history, and moved Bulger into third place on the Rams’ all-time passing list…370 completions and 588 attempts were the most for a single season in Rams history…

You mistake me for someone who pathologically hates Bulger. All I said is that our line has broken Bulger, and that is the case.

If our line is so good at opening up holes, why is it that Jackson is repeatedly stuffed for minimal gains on any play that requires going through a hole?

You mistake me for someone who pathologically hates Bulger. All I said is that our line has broken Bulger, and that is the case.

If our line is so good at opening up holes, why is it that Jackson is repeatedly stuffed for minimal gains on any play that requires going through a hole?
    Your original statement was the Rams organization has destroyed our QB's. Once again with a patchwork line in the past I'll agree with you that we have not found the complete package for both pass protection and line blocking. If you are alluding to todays game it is because our offense is so predicable when you are playing behind and without a solid passing corp.The ratio of pass to run was jackson only touching the ball 4 times per quarter today Even today we stopped a very excellant running back in Chiris Johnson for minus 1, minus 1 , minus 4 x two. and sometimes no gain. I don't believe you are a Bulger hater but like me wish we could get the money worth out of him. Unfortunately injuries do affect athletes. In what order in the draft are you leaning then towards improving the team with offensive line, wide receivers or QB?

I'd rather take Suh first, followed by QB, and then offensive line.

However, I want Bulger to play next year while we mentor and develop the QB on the practice field. Bulger's salary is now hazard pay for him to take shot after shot on the field while we tech out the line and new QB.

We're not going to fix our receivers in the draft; this unit's biggest problem is its youth and drafting another rookie won't fix that.

I'd rather take Suh first, followed by QB, and then offensive line.

However, I want Bulger to play next year while we mentor and develop the QB on the practice field. Bulger's salary is now hazard pay for him to take shot after shot on the field while we tech out the line and new QB.

We're not going to fix our receivers in the draft; this unit's biggest problem is its youth and drafting another rookie won't fix that.
    Definitely some interesting decisions to be made because I believe we are on ave. the 3rd youngest team. Just heard that we signed Mike Reilly who once played across Keith Null for Central Washington. They lit up a game something like 42-39. In any case hes our third string QB. I too say even with the offensive needs which are tremendous you cant pass up on a player like Suh!!! Merry Xmas!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Was Tennessee really trying at that point?
    going for it on fourth down and trying to run picks back for TDs? Yes, they were trying