Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Rams trade for Atlanta WR Laurent Robinson

He supposedly had fumble problems in college. Supposedly. Allegedly.

Oh I don't care. This guy is nothing but a 3rd WR at best. This is nothing but a stopgap signing. That's it. If he was a starter Atlanta would have never let him go.

Trust me. Great signing. Excellent depth. That's it. Nothing more.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post

Oh I don't care. This guy is nothing but a 3rd WR at best. This is nothing but a stopgap signing. That's it. If he was a starter Atlanta would have never let him go.

He was set to start last year before his injury. And then with the emergence of Roddy White and Michael Jenkins, he got pushed down the depth chart for next season.
    RamsFan16

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    I'm a die hard Falcons fan and can authoritatively say that you just STOLE, I mean STOLE, a TREMENDOUS play maker. This guy is DAMN good. You will see. Get him on your fantasy team.

I also must say that I have a lot of respect for our Falcon GM. There must have been either a lingering injury question or some sort of character issue for us to GIVE this guy away. Nonetheless, you guys should be popping champaign over this deal.

Ah yea pop the champaign. All this deal really does is mess up the geeks seven round mock drafts.....

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Just saw this, really nice pick up

Depth, competition, speed, upside, size, youth, value. And no picks given up.

Yes please.
    Last edited by #39 Fan; -04-07-2009 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    He was set to start last year before his injury. And then with the emergence of Roddy White and Michael Jenkins, he got pushed down the depth chart for next season.
    So, you solidified my post. He's not a starter. He's a 3rd WR for the Falcons and should be a 3rd WR for the Rams.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The way I look at this, Robinson is probably as good a prospect as any WR that the Rams might select this year in Round 3 or later. To get him without losing any picks in the process seems like a good move to me. He may not pan out, but there's not much at risk.

If he does come into his own in St. Louis, it will be considered a huge steal.

Big upside, little downside. Good deal.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

So, you solidified my post. He's not a starter. He's a 3rd WR for the Falcons and should be a 3rd WR for the Rams.
    Last time I checked we don't have a guy on Rody White's level. He started for Devaney before. When Healthy he has been a starter. IMO when healthy unless something drastic happens he should be a starter here also.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Geez Tx, no optimism with you these days are there?

This guy had a very nice rookie season. No telling what he might have done if not slowed by injuries the next year ...

Falcon_Guy is offline Registered User

I wouldn't go by the upheavel of the Falcons message board that LR was anywhere close to a fan favorite. In truth, we have had such a boring offseason our many trolls took this as an opportunity to go bonkers.

LR has some upsides but he is a little too comfortable riding a bench and taking a check. He has shown a few flashes but he is very immature and is either a very slow healer or an injury milker. Let's put it this way from what I heard his self-diagnosis and the doctors diagnosis didn't agree. Since he can't block at all he will be zero help in your run game.

It is a snoozer of a move overall. You are getting a guy with potential and perhaps with this wake-up call he might start living up to it but I think we got the better end of the deal.

You aren't going to find many true fans of the falcons crying over this move. A few grip a little too tight on a few flashes but it wasn't hard for anyone to look good in our 07 season. We were so starved for anything positive even LR looked good.

A-Web is offline Registered User

Read that article a day or so ago. As for how he is as a player, one of the reasons he is listed as undesired in Atlanta was that he apparantly wasn't "physical" enough as a blocker on the team. He is 6 foot 2, which gives him some size, and as noted, he has considerable speed to go with that size. He could be made to get more physical, and I think if he picks up on his blocking habits, he could find a comfy home with the Rams, as we are looking to get young and focus on retention of talent.

He is young, but I think he would now be the most veteran WR on the squad. Some experience is much appreciated on this team, and hopefully he will come out with something to prove. His low paycheck should be motivation to do better. He should be looking to how a standout year where he can earn a better contract and stay with the team. I believe that as a draftee of '07, his contract would run him through...either this year or next year, and then he would be a RFA? He should definitely be looking to broaden his body of work and workload in the coming seasons, and will be very competitive for the receivers we already have on hand.

Well, if that's true about his blocking ability then he won't be very effective in the new Rams offense.

Look, I'm glad Spags is the HC. I'm glad Devaney is the GM but I'm not going to say that the Rams are improving until I see it. Spags was a great DC but he's never been an HC. No one knows how he's going to turn out. Also, to get giddy over a WR who was had for a Coke and a smile is crazy.

Ramer is offline Registered User

I saw in the video, Laurent's number in college was 81. Do you think he will be wearing that number for the Rams? What was his number with Atlanta?

RealRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramer View Post
    I saw in the video, Laurent's number in college was 81. Do you think he will be wearing that number for the Rams? What was his number with Atlanta?
    Up for grabs, Ramer!

For the time being, Rams roster has assigned Robinson jersey number 11. With the Falcons LR was number 19 (currently on Derek Stanley's gear). Our new receiver's college number, 81, is kind of 'on hold' since it was Torry Holt's jersey but I think someone might claim it by season's opener. Maybe Laurent Robinson!

PS and somewhat Off Topic: I'm still working on the 2008 names / numbers list! Please see 'Rams Jerseys Remembered' to find out if list is complete.

Falcon_Guy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by A-Web View Post
    Read that article a day or so ago. As for how he is as a player, one of the reasons he is listed as undesired in Atlanta was that he apparantly wasn't "physical" enough as a blocker on the team. He is 6 foot 2, which gives him some size, and as noted, he has considerable speed to go with that size. He could be made to get more physical, and I think if he picks up on his blocking habits, he could find a comfy home with the Rams, as we are looking to get young and focus on retention of talent.

The problem is not his height it is his weight. He is hovering around 180 lbs.

I think in this case you are more or less getting what you paid for. He does have potential (if he can stay healthy) but his ceiling is probably as a number 3 wr. You might have found a diamond in the rough but I kinda doubt it.

I give him a 50/50 chance of still being a ram at the end of next year.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Upon further review, he had injuries in college and the pros and he's known as somewhat of a fumbler. We shall see.
    Ahhhh...and there's the fly in the ointment!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast