throwback week

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Rams trade rookie DE Hall Davis to Redskins for rookie TE/FB Dennis Morris

Beat writer for the Redskins, Rich Campbell, posted on his twitter page that FB/TE Dennis Morris has been traded to the Rams for an unconditional draft pick...Morris was a 6th rounder for the Redskins, and hes also saying the Redskins might be looking into Hall Davis as possible compensation...looks pretty stout on youtube..I wonder if this means Karney could be on the way out ou is he just McCoys replacement?...

YouTube - Dennis Morris (#49) 2009 Highlights -- Full video
    Last edited by Nick; -08-30-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Fixing video

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: New fullback traded to STL?

According to NFLN's Jason La Canfora, Hall Davis was part of the deal...

Redskins sent rookie 2010 pick TE Dennis Morris to Rams for rookie 2010 pick DE Hall Davis.
    10 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: New fullback traded to STL?

Sounds like an exchange of two guys who were unlikely to make the rosters of the teams that drafted them.

Re: Rams trade rookie DE Hall Davis to Redskins for rookie TE/FB Dennis Morris

Courtesy of Jason Reid at the Washington Post...

Redskins trade Dennis Morris to Rams

The Redskins traded rookie tight end-fullback Dennis Morris to the St. Louis Rams, a person familiar with the situation said Monday.

The trade actually occurred Sunday, according to the league source who said he was unaware of what the Redskins received in exchange for Morris. Washington selected Morris in the sixth round (174th overall) of the 2010 draft.

A standout at Louisiana Tech, Morris, listed at 6-feet-2, 253 pounds, did not impress during training camp and the preseason.

The trade was conditional and the Redskins are taking a look at former Rams' linebacker Hall Davis. Davis, who stands 6-foot-4, 273 pounds is a rookie out of Louisiana-Lafeyette. The Rams listed him as a defensive end, though Shanahan identified him as a linebacker.

"We'll get a chance to look at him over the next couple of days," Shanahan said.

Asked why the team parted ways with Morris, Shanahan said :"He wasn't going to make our team."

Responding to someone asking about the deal, La Canfora elaborated...

its two late round picks who wouldn't have made their teams at their current positions
    10 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® in reply to d_bowen1
    Last edited by Nick; -08-30-2010 at 02:44 PM.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I thought we were impressed with Hall Davis?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post

Looks like George Selvie was more impressive. We also may not have heard the last of Leonard Little either.

Go Rams!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    Looks like George Selvie was more impressive. We also may not have heard the last of Leonard Little either.

Go Rams!
    I hope you are right. I am putting my faith in BD. I'm assuming we aren't thrilled with Karney.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Apparently not impressed enough to keep him.

It'll be interesting to see if there's another shoe that's going to drop for this move - ie. whose roster spot is Morris going to take?

RebelYell is offline Registered User

The Rams were supposedly impressed with Hull the MLB.

Interesting to me is that Jim Thomas says George Selvie shows virtually nothing in practice and then shows up huge on game day. Compared him to Grant Wistrom's style in that he did the same sort of thing.

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Curious if this may be one of the front offices solutions for running back. Take a big physical tight end/full back tweener and put him in on short yard and goal line situations. Give a big body with good hands the ball and let him power over other players. Helps to save some wear and tear on Steven Jackson

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

It's weird that Eugene Sims isn't been mentioned much at all. And it's weird that Davis gets dumped after getting a couple of sacks in preseason.

Thing is, we still have Long, Hall, Ah You, Adeyanju, Selvie and Sims at DE, and not all of them will be sticking around

This Dennis Morris guy isn't going to beat out Karney, Uh Oh, Bajema and Onobun, so maybe he was bought in to see if he showed more than Johnson and Fells

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

I hope you are right. I am putting my faith in BD. I'm assuming we aren't thrilled with Karney.
    I always kinda liked him but he does need a backup. We don't have a backup fb as far as I know besides him now.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

I seriously doubt Karney's job is in any kind of danger.

Redskins-Rams swap 2010 picks in conditional deals
    The Associated Press
    53 minutes ago

ASHBURN, Va. - The Washington Redskins and St. Louis Rams have swapped 2010 draft picks in a pair of trades.

The Redskins sent sixth-round selection Dennis Morris(notes) to the Rams for a conditional, undisclosed draft pick. St. Louis sent fifth-round pick Hall Davis(notes) to Washington, also for a conditional, undisclosed pick.

Davis, from Louisiana-Lafayette, was at Redskins Park on Monday. He was listed as a defensive end with the Rams, but he would play linebacker with the Redskins.

Washington coach Mike Shanahan said he will look at Davis over the next few days before final cuts are made Saturday.

Morris, from Louisiana Tech, worked at tight end and fullback for the Redskins in training camp. Shanahan said Morris wasn't going to make the 53-man roster.

The Optimistic Lamb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    I seriously doubt Karney's job is in any kind of danger.
    If Karney is having trouble staying healthy, why not get this Morris to play FB on running downs, and block at TE on passing downs? I guarantee you the Rams didn't pick this guy up with the intention of creating more depth at the TE position. He's a multi-positional blocker.

Knowing Billy D, this might be a steal...how can a 6th round rookie expect to beat out Chris Cooley or Fred Davis? But if all he can do is block really well, that will be enough for us to keep him.
    Last edited by The Optimistic Lamb; -08-30-2010 at 05:18 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast