Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Trivia - Share What You Know

Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81
    While at The Ohio State University Orlando Pace did not give up one sack.

Thats AWESOME!!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

That is quite a stat for him at OSU, but I'll always remember him getting bulldozed in the end zone by the Falcons and forcing Bulger to throw that errant pass.

Yea, without Pace we would not be half as good I realize that. However, he has his moments just like everyone else. BTW, Bruce was open on that play...Bulger just didn't have enough time.

That was a horrible game for us....

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    That is quite a stat for him at OSU, but I'll always remember him getting bulldozed in the end zone by the Falcons and forcing Bulger to throw that errant pass.

Yea, without Pace we would not be half as good I realize that. However, he has his moments just like everyone else. BTW, Bruce was open on that play...Bulger just didn't have enough time.
    That happens with Pace every once in a while but that happens with average left tackles way to often.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Look what I found on Google:

Rams Trivia - Share What You Know - The ClanRam ForumsRams Trivia - Share What You Know RAM TALK. ... Share a trivia fact that you know about the Rams. Perhaps it will be fun and possibly teach all of us things ...
    www.clanram.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17688 - 82k - Cached - Similar pages
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

.ramfan. is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam
    Between being a fan since I was little, reading books, and attempting to put together a book about the Rams, I have picked up a few facts. The idea of this thread is to share these facts with our Rams brethern/sistern(?) so that the Rams heritage is passed on to others.

Did you know that Rosey Grier tackled Sirhan Sirhan after he shot Robert Kennedy?
    Very interesting bit of info Alpha.

here is mine....

Kurt Warner passed for 1,217 yards in his first four NFL starts in 1999 - more than any player in NFL history in his first four starts

RealRam is online now Registered User

RAMS on TV (programs/adds) or in the movies! :up:

Let's see...

Kevin Green: Whatta Burger commercial along w/Coach Robinson

RamTime Guest

Q. Rams player that was caught trying to sell the Rams playbook to the Saints.
    A. Carl Sweeten

i remembered like 2 years ago there was a commercial. This guy named fred was at a museum and he saved one of our best players when flying dinosaurs bones fell down. the ram player and the rest of the rams were so happy that they changed the name to the St. Louis Freds.

i just brought this up cuz i read RealRams post and saw the word commercial.

Heaven Can Wait

In this movie the Rams play the Steelers in the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl in the season following this movie's release (1978) featured the Steelers against the Rams. However, the Rams wore the blue home jerseys and the Steelers wore the white away jerseys for the movie. The Super Bowl in the movie was held in Los Angeles.

The fictitious Super Bowl game (Rams vs. Steelers) was filmed during halftime of the Rams/Chargers preseason at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum on September 1, 1977.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan4ever
    i remembered like 2 years ago there was a commercial. This guy named fred was at a museum and he saved one of our best players when flying dinosaurs bones fell down. the ram player and the rest of the rams were so happy that they changed the name to the St. Louis Freds.

i just brought this up cuz i read RealRams post and saw the word commercial.
    He save St Louis Rams running back and fellow paleontology buff, Marshall Faulk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

The NFL Cleveland Rams (1937-1945)
    The Rams were placed in the Western division to replace the St. Louis Gunners, who disbanded after the 1934 season. From the beginning, they were a team marked by frequent moves playing in three stadiums over several losing seasons. The franchise suspended operations and sat out the 1943 season because of a shortage of players during World War II and resumed playing in 1944. The team finally achieved victory in 1945, which proved to be their last season in Ohio, achieving a 9-1 record and winning their first NFL Championship.

I remembered like 2 years ago there was a commercial.

This guy named Fred was at a museum and he saved one of our best players when flying dinosaurs bones fell down. The ram player and the rest of the rams were so happy that they changed the name to the "St. Louis Freds".

I just brought this up cuz I read RealRam's post and saw the word commercial. --RF4ever
    Alpha, you beat me to it. Yes, that was the often-aired Snickers commercial with Marshall Faulk.

Good trivia info on the 'Heaven Can Wait' flick too.

BTW, I think the first TV add I mentioned about Kevin Green w/Coach J. Robinson was a Burger King commercial, not Whatta Burger. :-) Not positive on this.

Other Rams that have been on TV or the movies?

Jack Snow, for ... was it Vitalis? And IHOP!
    Last edited by RealRam; -06-01-2006 at 04:56 AM.

Deacon Jones, played a singer role on the Brady Bunch, late 60s or very early 70s.

From the Perry Mason TV series; info I gathered from TV.com.

"The Twelvth Wildcat"

Originally aired: October 31, 1965 on CBS

Show Stars: Richard Anderson (Lt.Steve Drumm(replaced Wesley Lau,1965-66 season)), Raymond Burr (Perry Mason), Barbara Hale (Della Street), William Hopper (Paul Drake), William Talman (Hamilton Burger), Dan Tobin (Terrence Clay (1965-66))

Guest Stars: Ivy Bethune (Mrs. Frye), Don Chuy (himself), Roman Gabriel(himself), Karl Swenson (Hezekiah), Bill Williams (Burt Payne), Cliff Livingston (himself), Marlin McKeever(himself), Bill Munson, Roy Roberts (Harvey Skeen), Mona Freeman (Ellen Payne), Robert Quarry (Casey Banks), Joe Scibelli (himself), Regis Toomey (Andy Grant)

:1: