r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Rams Update: Progress For DT Brockers

Rams updates: Progress for DT Brockers

4 hours ago BY JIM THOMAS

It may still be a couple of weeks before defensive tackle Michael Brockers plays in a game for the Rams, but the first-round draft pick from Louisiana State is making progress.

Brockers hasn't played or practiced since suffering a high-ankle sprain in the preseason finale against Baltimore on Aug. 30. But he's out of his walking boot and did some field work on the side Friday at Rams Park.

Brockers will miss his third game of the season Sunday when the Rams play the Bears in Chicago.

RB Steven Jackson didn't practice for the third day in a row Friday, and coach Jeff Fisher said he will be listed as questionable for Chicago. But FB Brit Miller (thigh) and LT Wayne Hunter (ankle) did get in some practice work Friday, and both are expected to play against the Bears.

Meanwhile, S Matthew Daniels (hamstring), DT Matthew Conrath (knee), and LT Rodger Saffold all didn't practice all week and will not play Sunday. With Daniels out, Darian Stewart should be active for the first time this season.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Update: Progress For DT Brockers

At least Hunter will be active... and I'm amazingly worried that I'm excited about that. From what I've heard from Fisher about him the last couple days on Mike and Mike and NFL Sirius Radio, Hunter's feeling much better than he was in New York and is having fun playing again. Maybe he can hold the fort at LT, but I've got to think that we need a chipping end or back consistently against Peppers.
    I believe!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    At least Hunter will be active... and I'm amazingly worried that I'm excited about that. From what I've heard from Fisher about him the last couple days on Mike and Mike and NFL Sirius Radio, Hunter's feeling much better than he was in New York and is having fun playing again. Maybe he can hold the fort at LT, but I've got to think that we need a chipping end or back consistently against Peppers.
    Agreed on all points. Hunter has been a big surprise, but can he keep it up? And Peppers? I'm not sure I even want to think about how to stop him. He's the one thing about the Bears that worries me.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    If that is all we need then the Rams have a good chance. Peppers is a BEAST....