Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

rams vs. broncos-every little bit helps

I just read that todd saurbraun, the broncos punter and a real stud, has been suspended for four games. I believe that this means he will miss the first four games of the season.

I take this as good news for the rams. Every little bit helps. They will need to use a backup punter and wont have the benefits of that booming leg on punts and kickoffs inside our dome.

While i acknowledge that this is not mission critical in all liklihood, it at least provides some basis for discussion on an actual rams game related topic, something that has been missing on this board for a couple of weeks as we all search the depths of reality looking for "news"

I believe that first game has HUGE upside for the rams. Denver is a top team, if we lose, its not a killer. But if we can win, i think it really sets the tone for a great start to the season. I believe that Avenger made this point recently and i am supportive of his view.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: rams vs. broncos-every little bit helps

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    I just read that todd saurbraun, the broncos punter and a real stud, has been suspended for four games. I believe that this means he will miss the first four games of the season.

I take this as good news for the rams. Every little bit helps. They will need to use a backup punter and wont have the benefits of that booming leg on punts and kickoffs inside our dome.

While i acknowledge that this is not mission critical in all liklihood, it at least provides some basis for discussion on an actual rams game related topic, something that has been missing on this board for a couple of weeks as we all search the depths of reality looking for "news"

I believe that first game has HUGE upside for the rams. Denver is a top team, if we lose, its not a killer. But if we can win, i think it really sets the tone for a great start to the season. I believe that Avenger made this point recently and i am supportive of his view.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I 100% agree with you, I think if we beat the Broncos, it'll be a HUGE milestone for this season, and not only will it show that we're serious this year, but it will also show that we're still up there with the elites, and just got bumped down a little but. Hopefully this is the season where we become elite once again, where we belong.

GO RAMS

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

GameTime is offline Registered User

I like it. All three phases of the game should be improved this year I believe. I cant wait for the season. It is almost here boys!!

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

A punter being referred to as a real stud does not sit well with me.

Other than that, his suspension it could be a factor in the home opener.

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Any news on the reason for the suspension? Maybe it involves more than one player.

One of the nurses at work is a HUGE Broncos fan. So far this summer, she has found a Rams bumper sticker on her van, her computer has had that flash movie I made for the countdown calender as her background, her home page has been set to ClanRam.com and password locked (the password is youaregoingtolose) and someone changed all the lightbulbs in her office to blue and gold. I wonder who did that?

Melanie thinks the Rams are going to be an easy win. I think the Broncos are in for a surprise.

If we win, it will strike fear into other teams, thinking that the Rams are back. If we lose a close game, people will be watching us.

I just hope I win the bet I have with her....if the Rams win, I paint her office Blue and Gold. If I lose, I'll never hear the end of it form her or her husband....he's a stealers fan from New York.

RealRam is online now Registered User

I believe that first game has HUGE upside for the rams. Denver is a top team, if we lose, it's not a killer. But if we can win, I think it really sets the tone for a great start to the season. -- GC
    Absolutely! Also, yesterday or the day before, I saw on ESPN a bit of a report on the Denver Broncos having some difficulty with one or two of their WRs. Even their Head Coach Mike S. spoke a little on the negative situation. A holdout perhaps?

We can take them! :angryram: GO RAMS!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    I believe that first game has HUGE upside for the rams. Denver is a top team, if we lose, its not a killer. But if we can win, i think it really sets the tone for a great start to the season.
    A win against the Broncos would be huge. Even if we lose, a good showng could set a positive tone to the start of the season. The worse thing we could do would be to get blown out, and look bad in the process.

FYI - Sauerbrun, who also kicks off in addition to punting, was suspended after testing positive for the banned substance ephedra. He was also apparently involved in the Carolina steroid scandal and has a history of off-field problems including a DUI arrest.

majorram is offline Registered User

Wow not half if we win the home opener, they are a strong team also we aren't going to loss, cause the Clan is there.....

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

If their starting punter is out and the backup is in,that means shorter punts(which is good), but then Hagans wont get good punt returns cuz the Broncs ST will get there cuz the punts are short..... You can have a better chance against the other teams Hagans!! and yea, if we do beat Broncos, other people will fear us. Lets just hope our guys dont get too confident when we beat Broncos. Like were facing the Cardinals... Rams say..we'll beat them easily.. and then Rams lose that would suck!

That happened to my team last year
    we were undefeated and then we faced another undefeated team. we won!, but the game after that, we lost to a team under .500..... :sad: we were way overconfident even me
    Last edited by RamsFan4ever; -07-08-2006 at 05:52 PM.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan4ever
    Lets just hope our guys dont get too confident when we beat Broncos. Like were facing the Cardinals... Rams say..we'll beat them easily.. and then Rams lose that would suck!

That happened to my team last year
    we were undefeated and then we faced another undefeated team. we won!, but the game after that, we lost to a team under .500..... :sad: we were way overconfident even me

You're talking as if you have a crystal ball and know that the Rams will beat the Broncos lol. You kind of seem like the one who's overconfident, lets just all chill out, and wait till pre-season to get all pumped up for this. Atleast wait till Madden 07 comes! (And I can't believe I'm going to buy something that has a Seahawk on it! Yuck!)

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

If our special teams aren't much better it doesn't matter who's punting, but here's the latest.

July 10, 2006 11:35 AM ET
    Broncos: Elam, Ernster may punt
    The News

With Todd Sauerbrun likely suspended for four games, the Broncos may consider using place kicker Jason Elam and his backup Paul Ernster to cover punting and kickoffs. "I've punted with just about every NFL punter there is," Elam told the Rocky Mountain News. "I warm up right next to them on game days, so I know what I can do. And I'd welcome the chance. I'd love to see what I could do."

I still think they will bring in a Vet punter and won't use Elam.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Was Elam the one that kicked the 63 yard FG?
    Last edited by RamsFan4ever; -07-10-2006 at 04:14 PM.

aff15loader is offline Registered User

yup Elam hit a 63..one hell of a kick..prob at home im guessing

MSRamman is offline Registered User

I think they'll bring in a vet to punt, also. By the way, it's Ashley Lelie that is supposed to be holding out of camp... not their number one guy, but he wants to be, and certainly a threat to our secondary. If he does hold out and comes in rusty, that will help considerably.:ramlogo:

fearlessone is offline Registered User

The Broncos play pretty tough at home but does anyone know their recent record playing inside domes?

This could be a compelling stat in our favor.
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast