ImJohnWayne is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Rams Vs. Broncos: Madden Sim.

ESPN simmed the week 1 games so I decided to check out how the Rams/Broncos game turned out.

Broncos 30, Rams 23

Broncos outlast Rams in sloppy contest

Jake Plummer hit Rod Smith for a 23-yard touchdown with under a minute remaining to lift Denver to a terrific shootout win against the Rams in St. Louis. Neither team led by more than seven points at any time, and although the Rams struggled to rack up big yardage against the Denver defense, they began drives in Bronco territory four different times thanks to turnovers and kick returns.

St. Louis QB Marc Bulger struggled, throwing three interceptions, but his eight-yard toss to Issac Bruce midway through the final quarter tied the game at 23-apiece and set up Plummer's heroics. The Denver QB threw three TDs in the game, as Smith scored twice and new receiver Javon Walker added a long score as well. The contest was fun, but sloppy ? there were seven total turnovers, with the Rams giving away the ball four times.
    Actual stats can be found here: http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames...nfl?id=2568089

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams Vs. Broncos: Madden Sim.

That's not what we want to hear....play it again

ImJohnWayne is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    That's not what we want to hear....play it again

I've already started my own (very scientific) sim.

1st drive of the game Rams come away with a FG. Also, Jackson knocks Al Wilson out of the game after running through him. :l

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I've played the Madden 07 game now for three weeks and I've already finished a full season.

How did I do?

16-0, blew away the Seachickens and Falcons in the NFC, and won the Superbowl against the Chargers, in a blowout.

but I cheated.....

I created a "super" QB, which made it easier to beat the computer. It was too easy, having almost no games in doubt. SO.....

I'm starting season #2 using Bulger and all the '07 Ram's players. I'm into the third game of the season and I'm glad to say that I'm still undefeated. It's not as easy, in fact, I had to score a last minute TD to beat Denver 28-27. But I hammered the ***** and beat up on the Cards. I have done this with Witherspoon and Jackson already on the DL. :r

Up next: Martz and the Lions.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I hope this isn't what we're going to go by...the Madden sim, to figure out if we have a good season or not...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ImJohnWayne View Post
    ESPN simmed the week 1 games so I decided to check out how the Rams/Broncos game turned out.

Actual stats can be found here: http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames...nfl?id=2568089
    I played it yesterday: Rams 29 Broncos 19.

Both of the defenses were tough, but the Rams D forced 4 turnovers, and Hawaii -5-o had an interception returned for a TD.

Let the games begin.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

bruce4life is offline Registered User

its just madden simulation its all good, it will be 30-23 rams this week.... get it straight

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

I played Madden at all Madden level. Heres' what I think is going to happen

Denver is going to send a lot of blitz packages at us, so we need to counter with the run
    Our recievers are far superior thatn their DBs so when we establish the run we will kill their backs
    We also need to control the clock, keep their offense off the field, and make their D tired.
    The day is gonna be long for Barran so Linehan is going to have to counter that with a lot max protects sets. If they don't Bulgers back is going to be dirty.
    If Witherspoon plays like he plays in the game we'll be fine on the short cross patterns
    Our DBs need to physical at the line, make their recievers work for every catch.
    I'm concerned about our O Line I got sacked 9 times
    We gotta keep our focus and not get beat on mental errors such as the hard count.

Final Score Broncos 28 Rams 27

This was played on All Madden so it was a hard fought game. If we can do all above or even some we'll win, but this is going to be a physical game.