Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rams vs Bucs

Now dont get me started on this bandwagon thing.

As far as I am concerned this is an American thing.

Let me explain ........... before I get hung

I have been a Rams fan since 1979. I have been through the good and the bad with this team, I have "paid my dues" as some would say.

I for one, welcome every single person that comes to "watch" the Rams. I use the word watch because there are FEW people out there that really SUPPORT a team.

I would like to think that I am one of them but I digress.

I would like to see more people wanting to watch the Rams, its great. What are we now in merchandising sales ???? 3rd or 4th I believe. I know, more money for the greedy owners, some will say. But I say MORE MONEY to CONTINUE BUILDING A DYNASTY.

so let the "watchers" come and enjoy
    If we convert some of them into SUPPORTERS then all the better.

Rams13 Guest
    I'm a true supporter not just a watcher, thats why I took allot of time to make the decision to come to the Rams. I won't get into my baseball story since this is a Rams forum but I went through 15 straight losing seasons with my favorite baseball team before we had a contending season again. Like I said earlier though it's all in your heart, no one can prove that your a bandwagoner or just a temporary fan. I think you can only fully concentrate and take care of yourself individualy as a fan, the true fans will be with you in the end, and the bandwagoners won't. However it doesn't matter, your a true fan and thats all that counts.

HornedHell Guest

Thumbs down It's what's in your heart?

We will have to agree to disagree because I am 100% for having loyalty for your team...For me to lose faith in your team or to say that your heart belongs to another team is a load of crap. All that translates to in my eyes is that "my team isnt winning anymore and it isnt as much fun so I am going to like a different team that is winning". Of course you cant prove if someone is a bandwagon fan and why would you want to? But when it comes down to getting the most out of supporting a team I can tell you for a fact, that staying with one team through the highs and the lows makes the whole experience of being a fan all the more gratifying.

Rams13 Guest
    Well for allot of bandwagoners that is right. However I was speaking of myself, and I was pretty spoiled as a Packer fan the last few years, the last 2 years for us weren't even dissapointing even though we didn't make the playoffs. So my point was it wasn't about winning or losing, it was that I felt called to the Rams. And to me thats the bottom line. GO RAMS!

Rams13 Guest

Thumbs down Re: Kansas City Chiefs

Originally posted by HornedHell
    This is a team that I always overlook being that I am an LA Rams fan..For St Louis, having Kansas City kick your tail is serious business. Now that Vermeil and our rejects are congregtating over there, look for the bad blood to start flowing soon...They may be the next 49er team that we learn to hate...I wonder how Trent "Fool's Gold" Green is going to do over there with his big numbers and crappy win/loss record.....Any opinions?

And I just was looking over our defensive roster and have a real good feeling for about 3 years down the road. Lovie Smith is gonna turn this thing around and I love the fact that he is drafting players from the Florida schools...Speed kills and Allen, Lewis and Polley have plenty of it. Toss in Archuleta and the foundation has been laid for years to come.

I couldn't disagree more towards the end. Those rejects were once guys we were rooting for when they were in St. Louis. Of course we want them to lose now as they are the enemy, but you don't just turn your back on guys that once helped out in Rams success. Sometimes we forgett where we came from. GO RAMS!

HornedHell Guest

Smile Polar Opposites

Dude, I think we are the odd couple of Rams fans! I say if Kevin Carter and Todd Lyght want to sulk then ship their asses out of town! Trent Green never did anything for this franchise as far as I am concerned, I owe him no loyalty. If anything I owe Rodney Harrison one for knocking him out of the pre season game so Kurt could step in and make history. Coach Vermeil is someone who I respected before he came to the Rams and I continue to do so. Dmarco Farr is a nice guy but he's a weeblo. I guess it depends on the player. Sean Gilbert is a fat piece of human trash and I am glad his career has gone down the ****ter. I hate him with every inch of my being. I am just now getting over Jerome Bettis leaving town, and even though it wasnt his choice I still resented him. Same with Kevin Greene. So I respect your opinion and am thankful for what the guys did while they were here but this is America...What have you done for me lately? And the answer better be alot or your ass is playing somewhere else!

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    HornedHell, totally agree. In today's age of the salary cap, you must perform on the field. Lyght was lit up bad last year, and Carter sulked his way to Tennessee. Actually, the Titans are going to be tough on the D line. Mike Jones made a great tackle in the Super Bowl, but killed us last year.

HornedHell Guest

Thumbs down Linebackers 2000

txramsfan, thank you. I was beginning to wonder if I was just an angry young Ram in a world of feel goods. And your right about Jones and the rest of the linebackers last year, they KILLED us. Jones and Collins ran like they had cement in their shoes! And Jones and Fletcher, who are supposed to be team leaders, made alot of bonehead and undisciplined plays ( a late hit in the Tampa game comes to mind)....I can understand where that other guy was coming from with players like Farr, Jones and Collins cause if you ask me they are just aging and their skills have diminished. But Carter and Lyght can still play IF they choose to...And the fact that they didnt last year is just unforgiveable. Let's say goodbye to the Matador Defense of 2000 and hello Mr. Lovie Smith and a new era of Rams D.

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Actually, you may have been in a world of feel goods. I do believe our D is much, much better than last year. I just hope our special teams is that much better than last year. Remember all those onside kicks?

HornedHell Guest

Angry Onside Kicks

The opposition just scores...(except for the team that got us on the opening kickoff)...you go to the fridge during commercial and get some snacks and a fresh beer...You are ready for the offense to get the points back...Maybe Tony Horne will run it back for a score! Here's the kick........What the ****? Onside kick? Their ball AGAIN!? ****, that sucks....Sound familiar? Hahaha..Ya throw your hands up in disgust and can't even watch the next 3 defensive plays because you are so pissed....

rampower is offline Registered User
    To call you a fan or a watcher or a supporter dez would be quite wrong, cut you and you bleed blue and gold mate. The best thing I like about is when I am buying some more ram crap and I feel that another game top might be considered a waste, I remember you and feel good knowing that someone out there has the bug even worse than I have and makes me feel less guilty. Oh and I've told my girlfriend its all your fault!!! (joking of course)

rampower is offline Registered User
    On a more seroius note: I hear what you say horned hell about fans and loyalty but its always a good sign of a winning team to have new fans comes with the terirtory, if we keep 10% when the dust setles thats all the rams fans. I am always in 2 minds about loyalty. A lot of players show none and move on to greener pastures so why not fans? Just look at how the sales charts for gear changes every 10 years. That said if the day come that I had to stop following the rams, I would follow nobody, I just could not pretend to support anyone else. The rams are such a big part of my life. I could never blame anyone for followinf the rams as I adore them myself, all I will say. COME ONE COME ALL, FOLLOW THE RAMS AND NEVER STOP FOLLOWING. Thats the realn sin, leaving the rams.

Aries51 is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Loyal fans

I was born in LA and grew up in Southern Cal and have been a Rams fan for all of my football life.Though I have always been loyal I can honestly say I have been pissed at my team on more than one occassion.Being a diehard Rams fan has not always been easy.I agree with Horned Hell about the lean years making the super bowl victory that much sweeter.After years of suffering it felt great to finally be on top.I also welcome anyone who wants to root for the Rams,but I am not tolerant of fairweather fans.Get pissed,***** and moan,but do not turn your back on our Rams.That is my motto.HH and txramsfan are correct to be pissed about last year.Lyght and Carter let us down and if they dont want to be Rams ;So be it.I believe our defense will be better without them.One last note and I'll quit rambling.When the Rams moved to St.Louis I was angry at first,but I was very happy with the way the city supported them and it turned out to be a good move for the team.So now I say :Thank you St.Louis For supporting my beloved Rams.
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

DODRAM is offline Registered User
    HH

agree with some of your post on previous players but Trent Green may have been as good as Warner , we'll never know what would have happened without that injury. There's no way I would ever thank a scumbag for taking a late cheapshot at a Rams player.

I think guys like D'marco have given their all for the Rams , his knees might be shot and his speed gone but he gave that playing for the Rams, i wish him well wherever he ends up, he is a class guy.

Don't forget it was the Rams staff ( Chuck Knox I think ) who changed the defensive scheme and let Kevin Greene go, I don't think we can hold that against him , especially as he is one of my favourites

GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12