Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: rams vs. chargers, the good, bad and ugly

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan
    I AM HEARING A LOT OF "IFS" OUT THERE,IF THEY DIDNT GET THOSE TO BIG RUNS WE WOULD HAVE DONE OK,BOTTOM LINE IS THEY DID GET THOSE RUNS
    I think you missed the point of my citing the defense's performance minus the two big runs, which is to show that, if we can find a way to keep those big plays from happening, this defense has a chance to really do something out there. No one's dismissing these runs, but just rather saying that two runs for 110 yards are going to skew your rushing stats a bit. When you hear a team gave up 215 yards on the ground, it's bad obviously. But it's not as bad - still bad, but not as bad - when you consider 110 came off of two big runs.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

rammiser is offline Registered User

Big runs or not the Defense still had gaping holes to run through. Scary thing is the two big runs both ended up going towards Tinoisamoa. Adding Claiborne and Coakley is great but if teams run away from them and at Pisa the defense could be in trouble.

Getting zero pressure on Brees was a disaster, the guy looked like a freaking superstar out there. I only think two guys on defense should feel good about their play and it's Groce and Ivy other than that everyone else was below average. Fisher looked lost out there, I thought maybe he switched numbers with a rookie because he seemed like he had no idea where the ball was. Did Hargrove even play? I couldnt see him through the blockers who had him locked up all night.

My Blue and Gold blinders are off because I don't care how much crap I hear about our d-line and the progress they are making, it just doesnt show on the field. I know it's pre-season hardly the time to blast players, but these guys need to step up.

I am so not impressed with Barron, he looks average even on the left side. He pretty much was getting manhandled by the Chargers second and 3rd string. The whole offensive line looked like crap and Bulger seemed to be very nervous about it in the first one and a half quarters.

Jackson and Curtis could both have huge years, they are turning in performances like we have been hearing about on the practice field. Those two guys are not paper champs like our d-line. Curtis and Jackson's hard work shows up on the field why can't our d-lines hard work show up?

Our special teams actually looked good on pass and kick coverage but our return game needs much work. So far Fair looks the best back there.

I'm not in panic mode yet, but I want to see some good play from our d-line and not against cream puffs like the Bears. They need to show up vs the Lions and the Chiefs and play well.
    Just Fix It

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Scidog68
    One carry for 55 yards and a TD. Poor guy got pulled early. Run "D" looked like crap. For all 4 quarters. Again.
    If their 1's had been held like that I'd feel better. But their 2's and 3's ran well against us.
    Scidog, that's not entirely true. In the final 3 quarters, the Chargers ran the ball 29 times for only 89 yards (3.06 yards per carry). Now if we can just do that for 4 quarters, we're in business.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12