Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Rams vs Chiefs thread!

sonnyjames is offline Registered User

Re: Rams vs Chiefs thread!

Liking the looks of Davis. Too soon to be backup, perhaps, but looks like he has talent. Could be the next Thad Lewis ;o)
    prof22693 likes this.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Daryl Richardson looks a lot better than Pead.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Loved seeing some offensive explosiveness today. I hope the trend continues. I am really rooting for Kendricks, I hope he can translate his great play to the regular season.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

In peads defense, from what I saw in the first half, it was our second stringers against KC's ones. No holes were being created, and pead is no Faulk, he needs some help out there. On the nine yard loss the play got blown up in the backfield and he tried to make something happen, ala reggie bush at USC. This of course is the NFL and cross field cut backs don't usually work for guys not names cj2k
    Flippin' Ram likes this.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Daryl Richardson looks a lot better than Pead.
    Different circumstances, but Pead might have to start looking over his shoulder because Richardson was ripping it up.

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

A catch to remember

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Only negative I took out of this game was the fact we didn't get to see Sam load up and bomb one to Chris Givens. Would love to see Quick catching some 50 million dollar passese as well.

clive is offline Registered User

Would be nice if you pointed out when posting external links that when installing the software that it then changes your Homepage and downloads and installs a Search Bar. Don't know what other nastiness it has caused yet.

Just saying.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Preseason or not, when you go +4 on turnovers, you stand a good chance of winning.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Well, that ws pretty much everything I was hoping to see from our Rams last night. Bradford looked good, the Oline kept him on his feet, and the run blocking continues to look impressive. (with the starters)

Defense looked better, with the exception on that 3rd and 15. Can't let them off the hook like that. The only negatives I can find is with Pead, although I'd like to see him with the firsts next week. SJax needs very little playing time from this point out in the preseason, and the Rams need to find out what they have in Pead. His backup, Richardson is looking quicker, more elusive and just plain better. I was a big fan of this draft pick and I'm expecting more from him (Pead). But so far, he's not showing much. He's not getting much room to run in because he's playing behind the two's and three's, but when there is a lane, he's not seeing it. The dive he took on the TD was a perfect example. There was a huge opening to his right but he elected to go airborne. It worked, but earlier on he also missed a hole and instead, tried to take on a defender (and lost).

I loved the play-action passes from Sam too. But I'm a little miffed at the non-use of any screen passes. With this line, I would think they would run that a little more. I'll just chalk that up to the preseason. Personally, I don't care if the go deep in the preseason. Save that little surprise for the regular season. I suspect we'll see the play-action with Givens going deep very soon.

But all-in-all, I was very satisfied with the effort last night, on both sides of the ball.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    A catch to remember

Just another day at the office for Danny-boy...

This space for rent...

Agrajag is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Well, that ws pretty much everything I was hoping to see from our Rams last night. Bradford looked good, the Oline kept him on his feet, and the run blocking continues to look impressive. (with the starters)

Defense looked better, with the exception on that 3rd and 15. Can't let them off the hook like that. The only negatives I can find is with Pead, although I'd like to see him with the firsts next week. SJax needs very little playing time from this point out in the preseason, and the Rams need to find out what they have in Pead. His backup, Richardson is looking quicker, more elusive and just plain better. I was a big fan of this draft pick and I'm expecting more from him (Pead). But so far, he's not showing much. He's not getting much room to run in because he's playing behind the two's and three's, but when there is a lane, he's not seeing it. The dive he took on the TD was a perfect example. There was a huge opening to his right but he elected to go airborne. It worked, but earlier on he also missed a hole and instead, tried to take on a defender (and lost).

I loved the play-action passes from Sam too. But I'm a little miffed at the non-use of any screen passes. With this line, I would think they would run that a little more. I'll just chalk that up to the preseason. Personally, I don't care if the go deep in the preseason. Save that little surprise for the regular season. I suspect we'll see the play-action with Givens going deep very soon.

But all-in-all, I was very satisfied with the effort last night, on both sides of the ball.
    I agree with you, Pead definitely made some mental errors. Richardson on the other hand just kept it simple, ran north and south and hit the holes. I think he looks faster, but that's just because he doesn't hesitate and just drives straight forward. I will say that Pead has the better hands for receiving.

I saw that replay where he dove over the line and at first it looked like he really did have some space on the right. But then watch the line backer come in, it looked like he was getting ready to cut for that hole and nail Pead at the line. So I can see why he opted to keep the LB out of that play and behind his own. It worked and that's the main thing I guess.

I wouldn't mind seeing all three of them getting some time with the first line honestly, so long as we don't see Jackson running into walls on the second line. So far so good with no injuries. I think I'm just exceptionally nervous after last season.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234