throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AlphaRam Guest

Rams vs Dallas on Sept 30

My wife and I will be going to the game against Dallas on September 30. We purchase a package from the Sheraton Grand hotel near DFW. For 2005, I was at the 40 yard line, Row 1, right behind the Rams bench. The package included a room for a night, a great breakfast buffet (top notch), 2 game tickets, and transportation to and from the game. I think the package for 2 people cost $430 this past season. Extra nights were $79.

The hotel has a sports bar that is pretty good size. For those that went to the Bash last year, this sports bar is about 4 times larger.

They have shuttles to DFW airport every hour. Also, there are shuttles to Grapevine Mills Mall (largest mall I have ever seen). Also, My wife and I will drive our van down for the trip.

The person to contact is Donna Thomas (dthomas@sheratongranddfw.com) at the DFW Sheraton Grand to get on her mailing list. You might mention my name (Jack Gossett) so that we can possibly get seats together. No, I don't get a cut - just helping out my fellow Rams fans.

My wife and I will be doing this deal again in December to go see her stinking Eagles play the Crackboys.

MSRamman Guest

Re: Rams vs Dallas on Sept 30

Thx Alpha, been trying to find a way to get over there and have a place to stay... got a couuple of cowgirl fan buddies that are looking for a road trip over there to see a game, and this might be the package we all were looking for! Again ,thx for the heads up!

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Thanks for posting the info Alpha, my family and I will be there as well and it looks like this is a sweet package!

Anyone else going to Dallas???

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I live 3 1/2 hous away. I'll probably drive up Saturday

thoey is offline Registered User

Thanks Alpha. I got your email and sent one out to Donna. Hopefully, I can convince my financial counselor, aka wife, that this is a worthy investment. Putting money towards this keeps the labor (me) happy.
    This space for rent...

blood85 Guest

Me and my bro (also a rams fan) may fly out to Dallas to see the game. Depends on if his boss (wife) gives him the green light.

AlphaRam Guest

I hope to see each of you there. It will be good to see those of you that I met at last year's Bash and a privelege to meet those who I have not met.

bigredman Guest

With my new job...I don't know what my schedule is going to be come September, but if I can get a flight there the night before and back that Sunday at least....I'll be there. Can I stay with you and Lynne? (If Lynne doesn't mind sharing that is!)

Hey Alpha,

Can you e-mail me Donna's number by chance, I haven't heard back yet..

Thanks!

Joe

Scratch that request Alpha, I just checked my e-mail and there it was! Doh!

Thanks!

Joe

PA_gal_in_OK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    With my new job...I don't know what my schedule is going to be come September, but if I can get a flight there the night before and back that Sunday at least....I'll be there. Can I stay with you and Lynne? (If Lynne doesn't mind sharing that is!)
    I know this can only mean trouble.........:O

I can see it now, you get put on your plaid kilt and Alpha gets as excited as a school boy. Lynne gets asked to go down to the bar and bring back a few drinks...... Lynne gets locked out of hotel room for hours. :\

AlphaRam Guest

I just finished reserving our package. We will be staying Saturday night and Sunday night. If things shake out, we might come in on Friday.

Whether you are doing this hotel deal, or not, but are going to that game, post here on the thread and let us know.

thoey is offline Registered User

I got the email from Donna today. $570 for two tickets and one night. Trying to talk the wife into it, but not sure she is going go for it...

This space for rent...

AlphaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post
    I got the email from Donna today. $570 for two tickets and one night. Trying to talk the wife into it, but not sure she is going go for it...

I expected an increase from last year since I knew the Cowgirls were raising their prices by $10 a ticket, I believe. I must admit that the increase is higher than what I expected. However, I know that it would cost me around that much just for the tickets down where they are located.

I hope she will go for it.

PA_gal_in_OK Guest

I just stopped by to see who all was going. Donna said she got hit pretty hard the first day with emails and phone calls for the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast