Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Here is my breakdown of those factors:

1. Money
    2. Core Players
    3. Roster Building Capital
    4. Tradition
    5. Ownership/Power
    6. Location, Location, Location
    Of all the things listed here, I'm surprised the one thing missing, is the one that ought to skew the decision-making process compeletely in the Rams favor.

Namely, Fan Base.

I think any other organization would be hard-pressed to deliver so eclectic, knowledgeable, and diverse a fan base as the Rams can. From Scotland to Hong Kong, from the Hollows of Appalachia to Hawaii, and everywhere between, I dare anyone to match this crowd. If you aren't up to the challenge of this fan base you aren't worthy.

Last edited by adarian_too; -01-06-2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: OK, so spelling isn't my 1st language ...

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams vs. Dolphins for Fisher's Services: The Tale of the Tape

Well, WE all know how loyal and diverse we are, but when fandom is discussed across this country, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Giants/Jets, Cowboys and yes, the Dolphins would all be considered more numerous and more rabid than Rams fans. Gotta' be objective here.

That said, based on AV's list, I still feel the Rams is the more attractive coaching job.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    ... when fandom is discussed across this country, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Giants/Jets, Cowboys and yes, the Dolphins would all be considered more numerous and more rabid than Rams fans. Gotta' be objective here.
    What's objectivity gotta do with anything? I'm a fan, and as a fan I'm always right. And well, as a Rams fan, and just righter than any other club's fans ...

That said, I'm not sure how we would actually go about proving this one way or another. Do we only count fans in seats? Do we count who has more faces painted?

Tell you what, since this is the internet, let's compare users on forums and divide by the statistical mean ... oh well, if you want to stick up for the rest of them, have at it ... I'm not going to bother checking GreenBay forums to see how many NJPackerFans they have by way of comparison ... I'll just trust you're more rabid than they are ...
    Last edited by adarian_too; -01-06-2012 at 12:01 PM.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I would guarantee that the Dolphins have more fans world wide, simply because of Dan Marino
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too View Post
    What's objectivity gotta do with anything? I'm a fan, and as a fan I'm always right. And well, as a Rams fan, and just righter than any other club's fans ...

That said, I'm not sure how we would actually go about proving this one way or another. Do we only count fans in seats? Do we count who has more faces painted?

Tell you what, since this is the internet, let's compare users on forums and divide by the statistical mean ... oh well, if you want to stick up for the rest of them, have at it ... I'm not going to bother checking GreenBay forums to see how many NJPackerFans they have by way of comparison ... I'll just trust you're more rabid than they are ...
    In terms of total numbers, I'd bet the house each of these teams' fans outnumber the Rams. There are some basic indicators. Dallas' legion of fans is unquestioned in terms of total numbers. They play each Thanksgiving and have been called "America's Team for years(whether you agree with that sentiment or not is beside the point). Ditto for Pittsburgh, since these were two teams from the glory days of the NFL. The Packers and Lombardi started it all- and probably have the most loyal fans of any sport- hell, the fans Own THE TEAM. The Dolphins because of Marino and the old days of Shula, Csonka, Warfield, Griese, etc. have a huge fan base. The Giants/Jets have been sold out for years regarldess of record. Go into any sporting goods store across the country and you'll find jerseys/shirts etc. of every one of these teams. Can't say the same thing about the Rams.

We know how loyal we all are- now let's hope Jeff Fisher thinks our job is more attractive than the Dolphins.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123