Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Rams vs Jags: Post-Game Thoughts I Need Your Help With

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    I was happy to win, but I wasn't skipping out of the Dome in complete jubilation. Too many issues that still need attention, most notably, penalties on special teams, dropped passes (yes I'm talking about you Tavon), tackling, coverage in the secondary, and consistency from the QB position.

That said, there were many positives. Bradford battling back from some bad moments, the discovery of Zac Stacy (is he ok after limping off in the 4th?), Tavon proving he is a dynamic play maker (too bad his teammates keep spoiling the party) , the continued improvement of Pettis, the defense making some game changing plays, and Chris Long coming to life.

Overall I'm pleased with what happened today, but I still have no idea where this team is going. Next week should tell a lot.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User
    There were 2 Tavon returns called back. One he took into jaguars territory and another he returned all the way to jaguars 20 yard line

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Forum Runner

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Re: Rams vs Jags: Post-Game Thoughts I Need Your Help With

Quote Originally Posted by sb2sb2sb View Post
    There were 2 Tavon returns called back. One he took into jaguars territory and another he returned all the way to jaguars 20 yard line

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Forum Runner
    I've looked at both closely on Rewind. First one was a penalty,imo, & the guy was likely to have had a shot at TA v. early in the run. 2nd looked like a bad call. You can clearly see the Jag's arm outside Bates'; looks like a beautifully-sustained block to me that the zeb couldn't believe a Ram STer could make & who can really blame him....except GAP, of course...lol...
    It also has to be said that penalties against STL were otherwise not a major factor - a big improvement. Shorts got away with a lot of shenanigans, though.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I was happy to win, but I wasn't skipping out of the Dome in complete jubilation. Too many issues that still need attention, most notably, penalties on special teams, dropped passes (yes I'm talking about you Tavon), tackling, coverage in the secondary, and consistency from the QB position.

That said, there were many positives. Bradford battling back from some bad moments, the discovery of Zac Stacy (is he ok after limping off in the 4th?), Tavon proving he is a dynamic play maker (too bad his teammates keep spoiling the party) , the continued improvement of Pettis, the defense making some game changing plays, and Chris Long coming to life.

Overall I'm pleased with what happened today, but I still have no idea where this team is going. Next week should tell a lot.
    For your dignity & our peace of mind, I think skipping out of the stadium is to be avoided under pretty much any circumstances. Just imo.

I get your point, though. The Jags are an example of what happens to your team when the OL and run game let you down & The Rams seem to be at least trending up in both areas. The Rams haven't morphed into a juggernaut overnight but it sure looks a lot more like the team we expected; exciting at times but mistake-prone and exasperating.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -10-07-2013 at 06:16 AM.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

The biggest change for me was the defensive plays. An interception for a TD, a fumble recovery deep in jags territory that I think was converted into a TD, and Laurinaitis' end zone int literally led to three points coming off the board.

We hadn't seen that this season. In fact there was only one real defensive play and that was a Johnson int in the season opener.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Too much horizontal passing for me. I want to see more vertical passing from Bradford. As I said in another thread I want to see Shotty and Bradford allow our receivers the opportunity to go get the ball and make a big play. More deep throws, please....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12