Thread: Rams vs NE

jdpbmo is offline Registered User

Talking Rams vs NE

Man o' man, that was a good game. First award goes to the defense for doing their thing. Right now they are the glue that is holding this team together and on top. I love to watch that offense and they are something else, when the interceptions and fumbles are avoided. That point still bothers me, but hey you can't throw too many stones at 8-1. I would really like to see them stick it to TB and NO. I don't think they will have much trouble with TB, but the NO game will be tough. I hope Brooks throws some interceptions then takes off to tackle the man so we can plow him like they did Warner in the dome. I thought our special teams did an excellent job. Their crowd was really into the game and Warner and company did a great job of neutralizing them by scoring. I also liked the way we held the ball at the end of the game by a stiff does of Faulk and Warner. Faulk is amazing, as a player, as a person, as a role model. I thought Warner threw the ball better last night, at least it looked like the thumb didn't affect him as much. I think when they got that first down late with the little flare to Faulk that is the first time I have seen Martz show emotion. Hell, even when he's on someone he seems cool and composed. I didn't understand the timeout with a few seconds left in the 3rd quarter? Not much else, just great job again and a wonderful team effort.:angryram:

duke is offline Registered User
    I couldn't agree more. I would have liked to see them score at the end of the game, but a win is a win. Like you said, you can't throw stones at 8-1 but the turnovers have me a little concerned still.

The fumbled snap and Trung dropping the pitch had me swallowing hard. At least the interceptions were not floting like the have been the last 2 games. It's kind of funny being critical now after suffering through the 90's and just hoping they could stay close or win 6 games.

Special Teams was 100% improved over the first 7 weeks. That's one less thing to worry about.

Another great defensive effort last night.

It will be interesting to hear the Press conference to address the ambulance corp that carted all those defensive guys off the field. I guess well get to see what Ryan Pickett is made of next week. Maybe we'll be able to send a Thank You note to Jeff Fisher and the Titans in a couple of weeks.
    Duke

rampower is offline Registered User
    I think this was a big one to win, should silence the critics. No more cant win outdoors and in the cold. Not bad for a bunch of "finesse" players.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Your right it SHOULD silence the critics, but they'll find a way to make it less than it actually was. The one person it won't silence this week is Chris "Buccaneer" Berman, he may as well marry Tony Dungy. The way he fawns over Tampa every week make me ill. That's one huge reason I hope they flat out spank Tampa. That should keep him quiet.

This comment probably belongs in the Smack talk area but..., even if it's close Brad "I always find a way to lose" Johnson, should rear his ugly head in this one. This guy could throw for 500 yards a week and I wouldn't want him as my quarterback.
    Duke

MsWistRAM is offline Registered User
    Hey, at least it wasn't 8 turnovers. And the special teams did step up and do their job. The injuries have me worried. If we need the defense so much, we don't need them losing members. Especially when we go up against the Aints again.
    MsWistRAM-Hope, not expectation.

Your right, at least it wasn't 8 turnovers. I am concerned about the injuries, but not as much after I thought about it awhile.

I think Arch, will play this week so that's not an issue. I also think that between Chidi and Tyoka, we'll be OK at left end. Especially since Chidi was a full time player at TB. In the middle, well were gonna find out about Grease and if Brian Young can play more downs without getting tired. They definitely lose the ability to rotate as much but the other guys are going to get more time.

The linebackers I'm OK with, Polley and Allen will get more time and they will have learned from their mistakes by the time we get to the Aints again.

We definitely have to stuff the run this week against TB and force Brad Johnson to beat us. I don't see it, especially with that crop of receivers, outside of Keyshawn of course.

The Hakim injury worries me more than the D, because I don't thing Yo Murphy brings as much to the table. I guess we'll see.
    Duke

The Limey is offline Registered User
    Originally posted by duke
    The Hakim injury worries me more than the D, because I don't think Yo Murphy brings as much to the table. I guess we'll see.
    I don't think Yo Murphy can get near the table, never mind bring anything to it.
    The maitre d' won't even let him in the restaurant.

That's probably 100% true. If that's the case, the closest Yo will get to the table is cleaning it off as the busboy.
    Duke