Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

rams vs seahawks-its very simple

With the announcement that alexander is not going to play, this is a very simple challenge for the rams. If we cant beat seattle without BOTH of them, its time to throw up your hands and say once and for all, with no caveats of any kind, that they are simply the better team. I dont care if its home or road, how would you like to be playing seattle without bulger and steven jackson? How much of a chance do you think we would have to win if they had hass and alexander and we didnt have bulger and jackson?

At the end of the day, a win in this game and we are tied for the nfc west lead and back in the hunt for a playoff spot, despite all our problems. If we lose this game, giving them the tiebreaker edge and giving us a sub .5o0 record heading on the road to carolina, its basically time to start thinking about the draft.

I dont see 9-7 getting us into the playoffs and when i look at the sked, i know that this game is a must win. I really felt that way about the chiefs game, but hope springs eternal in my mind and i am not willing to give up without a fight.

Seattle without hass and alexander isnt a playoff caliber team and if we cant beat them, i dont see how we can consider ourselves contenders for anything, other than finishing ahead of the whiners and the Big Dead.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: rams vs seahawks-its very simple

We will beat Seattle, We will beat Seattle, We will beat Seattle....There's no place like home...There's no place like home....Oh Sorry, I've got my Ruby Red shoes on clicking the SH** out of the heels.

We better win this game!!!!!
    Last edited by laram0; -11-08-2006 at 01:02 PM.

majorram is offline Registered User

Nice post GC........if the Rams don't come fired up for this game, then we might as well pack up shop.....we have to have this game plain and simple...

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    With the announcement that alexander is not going to play, this is a very simple challenge for the rams. If we cant beat seattle without BOTH of them, its time to throw up your hands and say once and for all, with no caveats of any kind, that they are simply the better team. I dont care if its home or road, how would you like to be playing seattle without bulger and steven jackson? How much of a chance do you think we would have to win if they had hass and alexander and we didnt have bulger and jackson?

At the end of the day, a win in this game and we are tied for the nfc west lead and back in the hunt for a playoff spot, despite all our problems. If we lose this game, giving them the tiebreaker edge and giving us a sub .5o0 record heading on the road to carolina, its basically time to start thinking about the draft.

I dont see 9-7 getting us into the playoffs and when i look at the sked, i know that this game is a must win. I really felt that way about the chiefs game, but hope springs eternal in my mind and i am not willing to give up without a fight.

Seattle without hass and alexander isnt a playoff caliber team and if we cant beat them, i dont see how we can consider ourselves contenders for anything, other than finishing ahead of the whiners and the Big Dead.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Wow, I just responded to a thread (about Alexander not playing this weekend) in the exact same manner.

If we can't beat these guys with the major losses to personnel that they now have, we don't deserve a playoff berth.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Even without Hass or Alexander, this game will still be a difficult fight. IMO the Seahawks got a huge emotional and psychological boost by beating the Faiders and will carry that over to Sunday.

Seneca Wallace looked extremely relaxed and showed he can be effective. The Rams have never done well at containing mobile QB's and I think he will create a lot of matchup problems. Whether we get a push from the defensive line or not, he has the ability to evade pressure and get the ball downfield to a revitalized recieving corps. Maurice Morris had a career night on Monday and he also showed he can be effective against a weak run defense, which unfortunately we have.

Their defense is still a big question mark, but a shutout and 9 sacks, even against a horrible team, only fuels their confidence.

That said, this is a game we have a great chance to win and I agree with RFRH that it's a defining game. As GC pointed out, if we win we're in a virtual tie for the division lead and have some control over our own destiny. If we lose, it's a long hard fight to stay alive. As always, I think turnovers will be critical to the outcome of the contest. We can't have a repeat of what happened against KC and expect to win.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Alexander's replacement gained 138 yards against the Raiders, who have the 9th ranked D in the NFL. The Rams D is ranked 6th worst. I'm surprised the Seahawks are only favored by 4 points. I'm guessing we get blown out again.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    Alexander's replacement gained 138 yards against the Raiders, who have the 9th ranked D in the NFL. The Rams D is ranked 6th worst. I'm surprised the Seahawks are only favored by 4 points. I'm guessing we get blown out again.
    **COUGH** COUGH***HACK** Boy I find it hard to believe we are going to get blown out with a back-up QB and back-up RB running the Seahawks O.

sprtsmac Guest

It won't be a blow out but that offense will put up points against our defense. We just need to hope that our defense is able to make one more stop than Seattle's defense.

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    The Faiders may have the 9th ranked defense, but that ranking is misleading IMO. They have the 27th ranked rushing defense, so it's no surprise Morris did as well as he did. Additionally, with the state their offense is in, their defense is usually playing on a short field, resulting in shorter opponent drives and lower yardage numbers. They do not have a good defense.

As far as a blowout, I don't think there is much chance of that happening.

methodical_reaction Guest

This game isn't going to be decided by the offense it's going to be decided by which defense decides to show up and play. Though they are better than the Rams defense, the the flying marmets have not had the same defense they had a year ago when they went to the super-bowl and I believe if we can control the outside pass-rush against Wallace the ILB's will help alot with his containment. Keep a close eye on Deion Branch, he has a way of making even the most average QB look good.

Hawkfandyno Guest

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    The Faiders may have the 9th ranked defense, but that ranking is misleading IMO. They have the 27th ranked rushing defense, so it's no surprise Morris did as well as he did. Additionally, with the state their offense is in, their defense is usually playing on a short field, resulting in shorter opponent drives and lower yardage numbers. They do not have a good defense.

As far as a blowout, I don't think there is much chance of that happening.
    To add to this point, they have (had) the #1 passing defense, which of course was due to the fact that everybody was ahead of them come the second half and all they did was run to run out the clock, which explains the 153 yards a game they were giving up via the pass. and which also explains why their run defense was 27th. If their offense could score any points and make it close games, im sure their adjusted defensive ranking would be somewhere around 15.

viper is offline Registered User

As mobile and comfortable as Seneca Wallace looked in the Raiders game, they only scored 16 points. They stalled on like 8 straight drives at one point. If Randy Moss could have caught the ball that night I think Oakland could have won. Even with how terrible their pass protection was.

Our pass protection is better that Oakland's and I think our receivers make most of those catches. I like our chances in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    As mobile and comfortable as Seneca Wallace looked in the Raiders game, they only scored 16 points.
    That's a fair point viper, but Wallace has looked comfortable in both his starts. Against KC they scored 28 and I've got to believe Wallace is gaining confidence with every start. So far from what I've seen, he is not easily rattled.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

That's a fair point viper, but Wallace has looked comfortable in both his starts. Against KC they scored 28 and I've got to believe Wallace is gaining confidence with every start. So far from what I've seen, he is not easily rattled.
    I agree with that r8rh8rMike, but I believe we still need to put some hats on Seneca early and often. If we give him time to throw and he's successful, he'll just gain even more confidence. I say, hit 'em hard, and hit 'em often. then back off and go straight up for a bit. If he gets into a groove, go at him again. Keep him guessing.

If the Rams don't get fired up for this game and put up a good defensive showing, they never will. So I say fire both barrels at the beast the moment he charges and hope ya kill it quickly. If it gets up and charges again, fire again! If it gets up again.... turn tail and run for the hills!!
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

MonaLisaOverdrive Guest

You're right, he does not get rattled. Because of his poise and how he stays calm, his teammates gave him the nickname Cool Breeze, cause of his level headedness.

If you watched the MNF game, our drives stalled because of penalties and dropped passes. The Raiders didnt stop us, we shot ourselves in the foot. A key to this game will be if the Hawks offense can keep from making drive killing mistakes.

The rams will put up points, we have to put up points too. 8 killed drives will NOT get it done against the Rams.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast