Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: rams vs seahawks-its very simple

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    That's a fair point viper, but Wallace has looked comfortable in both his starts. Against KC they scored 28 and I've got to believe Wallace is gaining confidence with every start. So far from what I've seen, he is not easily rattled.
    There was also heavy rain and high winds which didn't help Seneca Wallace or his WRs. I think some may be underestimating Seneca, just because he's the backup doesn't mean he's not good enough to beat us from how I've seen him play this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    The backhanded compliments about Austin Davis are amusing.

LA2STL is offline Registered User

I agree with general counsel, no ifs, ands or buts should we lose this weekend. However, I am happy to report that my crystal ball has revealed a 7 point victory for our beloved Rams. I only wish I could be in Vegas to cash in.

viper is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    That's a fair point viper, but Wallace has looked comfortable in both his starts. Against KC they scored 28 and I've got to believe Wallace is gaining confidence with every start. So far from what I've seen, he is not easily rattled.
    Point well taken. He is one "cool cat" and is obviously comfortable out there. His scrambling ability does concern me. We've been ripped to shreds by the likes of Michael Vick when scrambling in the past and it could happen again this Sunday.

I just remember watching how pathetic Oakland looked in pass protection (or lack thereof). Combine that with all of the balls that Oakland dropped, and all of Seattle's stalled drives and Seattle looked very beatable to me. Of course, the weather may have been a factor and Wallace is bound to be gaining confidence as you mentioned. Its going to be a good game either way. Let's hope our defense steps up and we don't give up the rock like we did last week.

Go Rams!!! :l

Large_Ant is offline Registered User

I see this game going like most Seattle/St. Louis games go - he who scores last, wins. Expect more aerial fireworks again in this one.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Seattle Seahawks - 2004 & 2005 NFC West Champions

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i dont see them blowing us out,but on the other hand if we get the lead we need to put them away and possibly win this game by 10-14 points,if we win by a late field goal with them missing there 2 best guys,we win the game and a win is a win but arent we just prolonging the obvious.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LA2STL View Post
    I agree with general counsel, no ifs, ands or buts should we lose this weekend. However, I am happy to report that my crystal ball has revealed a 7 point victory for our beloved Rams. I only wish I could be in Vegas to cash in.
    Viper said it. No turnovers by our offense are the keys to this game. Can't let Seattles defense score any points period.

My crystal ball...which I just windexed by the way....says Rams by 10

bela is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    As mobile and comfortable as Seneca Wallace looked in the Raiders game, they only scored 16 points. They stalled on like 8 straight drives at one point. If Randy Moss could have caught the ball that night I think Oakland could have won. Even with how terrible their pass protection was.

Our pass protection is better that Oakland's and I think our receivers make most of those catches. I like our chances in this game.
    One important consideration is how that game was called. It was abundantly clear by the end of the 1st quarter that the only way we were going to lose that game was if we did something stupid, like INTs or fumble, ST etc. Holmgren really pulled in the reigns, which is why you saw no second half points.

That said, I do not think Seneca is equipped for a shootout against Bulger. From everything I've heard Mike has every intention of pounding the football and using Seneca's mobility to keep the Rams D honest.

methodical_reaction is offline Registered User

Bela made my point for me, what is the deciding factor in this game is which teams defense is going to show up and play well. I trust in the Rams ability to score points, it's a matter of can we win, defensively, one quarter at a time.:l

general counsel is offline Registered User

Hey bela, do you have a weather report for us? I would prefer not to play in the driving rain.

Bela, always the voice of reason, makes an excellent point. Once the hawks got ahead, the walrus had no interest in doing anything other than running the ball over and over to run out the clock. They had plenty of points, all they needed to do was make sure they didnt do anything crazy to shoot themselves in the foot.

Wallace has impressed me and his mobility really scares me. What scares me more is our lack of pass rush and inability to stop the run.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Bela made my point for me, what is the deciding factor in this game is which teams defense is going to show up and play well. I trust in the Rams ability to score points, it's a matter of can we win, defensively, one quarter at a time
    Exactly. We know the Rams can score. We know the Hawks can score. It will be determined by who makes the fewest mistakes on both sides of the ball. Turnovers and who wants it more are the keys to this game. It is a golden opportunity for the Rams to get back to even with the Hawks, and the Hawks know they can pretty much put the Rams away with a win this weekend. Neither team has a defense that is one to be fearful of. But one of them, wearing blue and gold, had better step it up this weekend. The game means more to the Rams, I think, so I will be extremely disappointed if they don't give their best effort of the year this Sunday.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

bela is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Hey bela, do you have a weather report for us? I would prefer not to play in the driving rain.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Hey GC, current weather report looks like wind and rain, mild temps though.

From http://www.komotv.com/weather

Sunday will become increasingly windy with a steady rain and highs in the low 50ís. The Snow Level goes up to 3,500 ft. with more snow in the passes.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bela View Post
    Hey GC, current weather report looks like wind and rain, mild temps though.

From http://www.komotv.com/weather
    What's the weather forecast for Seattle? Isn't that a given?

It's always raining in Seattle!!!
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

MonaLisaOverdrive is offline Registered User

I expect a heavy dose of MoMo this weekend. We need to keep your offense OFF the field or they can kill us with those big plays you Rams ALWAYS seem to make against us. Rivalry games are always really fun with our teams, I look forward to an exciting game!

By the way, some of you Rams fans are more than welcome to come talk football on the Hawks board, we could use some opinions from the opposing team! Just keep the football talk up and the smack talk down, some of our MODs have itchy trigger fingers LoL look forward to seeing some of you over there!

seahawks dot net

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MonaLisaOverdrive View Post
    I expect a heavy dose of MoMo this weekend. We need to keep your offense OFF the field or they can kill us with those big plays you Rams ALWAYS seem to make against us.
    I guess that's worth a try, but other than the Faider game, Morris has not been all that effective. Even against the Rams in the first game he only averaged 3.2 per carry which is lower than his season average of 3.4. Wallace is going to have to make plays in order for the Seahawks to win.

MonaLisaOverdrive is offline Registered User

Well, he did have 74 yards against the Rams last game and most all of that in the 2nd half to help run the clock down on drives. I think it is no coincidence MoMo had a career day against the Raiders. They were ranked one spot better than the Rams run Def though. Anyways, the no coincidence is that the Raider game was the first time this year Jerramy Stevens has started and played every series, he was barely on the field the past two weeks before MNF. Stevens is an excellent blocker, he took on Burgess and Brayton with no trouble at all. Stevens + OL geling a bit = better performance from Mo.

I think those factors + your run def = a very reasonable chance Mo could reach 100 yards this week. And Seneca WILL make plays.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast