Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Rams waived CB Jerome Murphy.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Rams waived CB Jerome Murphy.

Rams waived CB Jerome Murphy.
    A third-round pick in 2010, Murphy appeared in 14 games as a rookie, but spent 2011 on injured reserve with a broken ankle. His draft pedigree should earn him some looks on the waiver wire.

Re: Rams waived CB Jerome Murphy.

The youth movement is on big-time!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

This was a shocker when I read about it. Doesn't make much sense to me at all. The guy had loads of potential, great size, and gets snipped! Our CB depth is absolutely dieng right now.
    Rambos likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Finnegan, Jenkins, Johnson, Fletcher and Pointer. Seems fine to me.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Finnegan, Jenkins, Johnson, Fletcher and Pointer. Seems fine to me.
    It looks nice on paper but I think last years injury spree has a lot of us a little nervous. : )

If the go with five, two are rookies and one is UDFA rookie. We know they will be in the nickle a lot so we will have Jenkins and Johnson, playing outside and both are rookies. Just young very young.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I don't like it. Then again, I haven't watched every single practice like Fish has.
    ManofGod likes this.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Unlike Salas, I think Murphy got a pretty fair look in the slot with the big dogs. I've watched all of those games several times & don't remember a play. A few decent tackles.....

Maybe the bright side of this is they must feel sure that Fletcher can contribute significantly.

Unless, of course, the rumored trade materializes. In which case, it'll be clear that The Stache has spawned an errant ingrowing bristle that has pierced its host's brain.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    In which case, it'll be clear that The Stache has spawned an errant ingrowing bristle that has pierced its host's brain.
    Dude... You've been on a roll. Dug the "borg" reference a while back.
    I'm the guy that walks up after the argument's started.

general counsel is offline Registered User

This comment is not directed at anyone specifically on this board, so please dont be offended. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

However, it never ceases to amaze me how many of us think that they know as much as the coaches when it comes to personnel assesment. As if we are watching all the practices, sitting in the meetings, watching all the film etc.

Name the last time the rams cut a guy or traded him on the cheap where he became a material contributor elsewhere? The guys that jumps into my head is Madison Hedgecock. Every year people complain about our moves, without accepting the realtity that our team has been massively lacking in talent for years. That said, i think salas will do well with the patriots, but was not a good fit for coach fishers system, especially with danny around. Maybe murphy will turn into a productive player somewhere. I sure wouldnt bet on it.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Name the last time the rams cut a guy or traded him on the cheap where he became a material contributor elsewhere?
    Kurt Warner
    Kevin Curtis
    London Fletcher
    ED

Come to my mind pretty quickly. That being said I get what you are saying. We are all fans and all have opinions, right, wrong, good, bad that's what we do as fans. Throw stuff out there and talk about it.

Like you just did when you slipped in your evaluation on Murphy. I might add you did not have game tape, go to a meeting and or practice... it's just what we do here.

Maybe murphy will turn into a productive player somewhere. I sure wouldnt bet on it.
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-02-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Fastcat is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    This comment is not directed at anyone specifically on this board, so please dont be offended. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

However, it never ceases to amaze me how many of us think that they know as much as the coaches when it comes to personnel assesment. As if we are watching all the practices, sitting in the meetings, watching all the film etc.

Name the last time the rams cut a guy or traded him on the cheap where he became a material contributor elsewhere? The guys that jumps into my head is Madison Hedgecock. Every year people complain about our moves, without accepting the realtity that our team has been massively lacking in talent for years. That said, i think salas will do well with the patriots, but was not a good fit for coach fishers system, especially with danny around. Maybe murphy will turn into a productive player somewhere. I sure wouldnt bet on it.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Gc, we do it just becuase we are fans. We get attached to players over time becuase we just expect them to be good just cuz they're on our team. Especially a young player we havent seen much of. We are all guilty of this.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Kurt Warner
    Kevin Curtis
    London Fletcher
    ED

Come to my mind pretty quickly. That being said I get what you are saying. We are all fans and all have opinions, right, wrong, good, bad that's what we do as fans. Throw stuff out there and talk about it.

Like you just did when you slipped in your evaluation on Murphy. I might add you did not have game tape, go to a meeting and or practice... it's just what we do here.
    Kevin Curtis? Really, come on. He did some stuff, and we sure blew it with drew bennett, but kevin curtis? Absolutely right on on fletcher (terrible decision with jaime duncan-10 plus years ago). Dickerson is a completely different era pre free agency and its 25 years ago. Warner? An entirely different discussion. He did nothing for the giants and there were a number of considerations behind that decision.

MY point pertained to recent history. Every team has its guys that it let go over time that they wished they had back if you really want to chase a ten plus year time horizon.

But you are proving my point. You name a four guys in a 25 year period. My point on murphy was NOT my own personnel assessment. IT was based on the track record, nothing more and nothing less. I dont know enough to have a specific view on murphy, but i do have a view that fisher knows a lot more than the rest of us about DB's.

Other examples of how could we let them go- aruchuletta, wistrom, OJ Atogwe, pace, holt. What did they do elsewhere? Nothing. As fans, we have a real tendency to think that the rams are the only team in the nfl whose draft picks arent successful every year. We overvalue our own guys every year.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

gc, every fan overvalues their own guys every year. That's what being a football fan is all about!

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Kurt Warner
    Kevin Curtis
    London Fletcher
    ED

I don't think Fletcher and Curtis were cut, and instead left in free agency. Also, the Rams didn't exactly get shafted in the Dickerson trade, but didn't make the picks they received count. With regards to Warner, he only got his groove back late in his career, but the Rams were very right to cut him when they did.

The only player that I can think of that performed well after leaving the Rams was Laurent Robinson. But that was one season playing in the slot when the defense was concentrating on Austin and Bryant. Not sure he will manage the same this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast