Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Rams waived LB Jabara Williams

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Rams waived LB Jabara Williams

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    Do you honestly believe Greg Salas is going to become anything more than a good No.3.? He is hardly going to be a difference maker week in, week out.? I know Im becoming a little harsh on some of the players recently, but the truth is Im speaking completely without heart at the moment. Thinking with my heart has led me down the wrong path, way too often.?
    The Rams need better players than Salas to become winners, lets be honest.?
    If Salas is a good number three that would be great, as long as he making plays behind Lloyd and Justin Blackmon, I think a guy named Ricky made a big time catch for his first TD of that year! 1999

So yeah I agree we need big-time players but we also need solid three and four WR.
    Nick likes this.

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

at this point we just need keep Bradford upright and safe, so yeah, we need some lineman.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Another wasted pick. Good job front office. No worries, Williams will probably get picked up by another team, receive better coaching than he did here, and make it as a starter. You know, what usually happens when we cut somebody.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    To be honest, shouldn't we give Salas a chance before he's deemed an also-ran player? He's progressed by leaps and bounds from the disaster that was the Giants game. IMO, he has the makings of a very effective weapon.
    Really Mike? Not even including the Giants debacle from what I've seen from Salas so far I don't see him as a weapon at all. I hope you're right!
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Another wasted pick. Good job front office. No worries, Williams will probably get picked up by another team, receive better coaching than he did here, and make it as a starter. You know, what usually happens when we cut somebody.
    Such as.....?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Another solid draft by Devaney.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Mark Levoir played in 32 games for the Pats from 2008-2010 , so he should know the offense.

Although he only started 2 games, he is 6ft 7in guard that could help with rotation and scheme for the Rams...

Heck, anything to push our current guys is a plus
    Let's hope he does better than he did with the Rams back in 2007 when he was rented for the season and then given the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Really Mike? Not even including the Giants debacle from what I've seen from Salas so far I don't see him as a weapon at all. I hope you're right!
    He could have crumpled like tin foil after the Giants game ramsbruce, but he got himself together and is creating separation, making the catches, and getting pretty good YAC. Against Green Bay he had 8 catches for 77 yards and averaged 16.5 yards a catch against Dallas. I think the potential is there.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Yep, the Pro Bowl is full of ex Rams year in and year out who were cut only to receive better coaching elsewhere.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    He could have crumpled like tin foil after the Giants game ramsbruce, but he got himself together and is creating separation, making the catches, and getting pretty good YAC. Against Green Bay he had 8 catches for 77 yards and averaged 16.5 yards a catch against Dallas. I think the potential is there.
    You're right he could have crumpled, and good for him that he didn't. I guess when I think "weapon" so far he doesn't fit the bill for me and I'm not sure I see it it all. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Don't really know what to make of this move other than the FO and Head Coach are fighting for their prospective lives.

They need a turnaround in the worst way, and at this point Jabara wasn't ready to contribute to that.

So he's the odd man out, but I bet the Rams are hoping nobody saw him play in the pre-season.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

I want to know WTH is our Linebacker Coach and WTH is he doing? Must be nice to play golf in the Bahamas 6 out of 7 days a week!! I'm still debating what is worse off this year, our Linebacker play or our Secondary.. at least the secondary coach can say we have had 49 CB's on the DL and Justin kIng is in Beast Mode. -_-

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Guys... he was a 7th round pick. Not 7th overall. 7th round.

Why are you all kicking off saying the draft was terrible because a 7th round pick just got cut? It's a surprise a 7th rounder even makes the roster out of training camp, let alone is active for any games.

And anyone who EXPECTS the Rams to find starters in those later rounds is delusional. It can happen, but it's rare.
    HUbison and live4ramin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Guys... he was a 7th round pick. Not 7th overall. 7th round.

Why are you all kicking off saying the draft was terrible because a 7th round pick just got cut? It's a surprise a 7th rounder even makes the roster out of training camp, let alone is active for any games.

And anyone who EXPECTS the Rams to find starters in those later rounds is delusional. It can happen, but it's rare.
    Thats not all. Considering the fact that 4 rookies have been cut before the season is already over is pretty sad. Just reflects on how good our scouting/drafting management are.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Thats not all. Considering the fact that 4 rookies have been cut before the season is already over is pretty sad. Just reflects on how good our scouting/drafting management are.
    Sad...... by what standards? Because a 5th, and three 7th's didn't make it through their rookie year?
    Last edited by HUbison; -10-27-2011 at 05:13 PM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Sad...... by what standards? Because a 5th, and three 7th's didn't make it through their rookie year?
    Thats how it starts. Next year a 3rd goes. The year after the 2nd, and so on. Its because our FO has almost no clue how to draft. "Yeah they hit on Bradford and Laurinaitis" so what? Thats 2 guys. Saffold had 1 good year, and a bad year. Kendricks hasn't shown a thing yet. I'll give Kendricks and Quinn time obviously, and same as Saffold and Bradford. But really? We're happy because he can bang on 1st round picks?

I'd like to see a playoff team that can't draft after round 2.
    macrammer likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast