Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rams waived S Jermale Hines

richtree is offline Registered User

Rams waived S Jermale Hines

The Rams really don't draft well. You all know my anger with the Wide Recievers in the draft.

Jermale Hines was a 5th round choice. We really don't get anything out of our draft picks after the first 2 rounds.

Look at the 2009, 2010, and 2011 drafts and see if any of the players even contribute, never-mind start that are 3rd rounders or later.

I really don't think we have anything of value from round 3 on --- again....

We don't even commit to these young guys for 2 seasons <--- if we don't do this, how can we even believe in them enough to draft them if the first place.

We past on Aaron Herdandez and Mike Williams when they fell and Tampa and New England grabbed those guys and its no surprise those front offices draft well.

The Raiders got Denarius Moore in the 5th -- who is a true athlete along with Taiwan Jones in the 4th. I would trade Salas and Petties for these 2 guys today based on the fact we have no athletes on offense......

and the Raiders are considered bad at drafting......the Rams are one of the 5 worst team on draft day.
    Fettmaster and ManofGod like this.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Re: Rams waived S Jermale Hines

My heads hurts....
    ZiaRam likes this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Really don't understand.. DeSpags did a great job evaluating the talent in the 2010 draft. Did he give the keys to McD or something. If we're going to have a bad draft on a constant basis again, it's going to be tough times for us right when we thought we had the right personnel. I'll still reserve my judgment though since it takes time for WRs to develop and that everyone's not on the same page in this new offense. Just remember, the 2010 Bills were struggling in their offense as well and it took a year into the system to finally start playing well.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Amen my brother....amen!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I'd say its for a spot for a new CB. But seriosuly you're right. We have drafted bad, people only seem to care about Round 1 and maybe round 2. The great teams normally have some nice late round draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    The great teams normally have some nice late round draft picks.
    Obviously the jury is still out on the 2011 picks, but after 3 drafts under DeSpags, none of the draftee's taken after the 3rd round have contributed significantly for the Rams.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

First of all, Hines will probably end up on the practice squad.

Second, I fail to see how you can condemn Pettis and Salas after three games, condemn Jerome Murphy after a decent rookie year followed by an injury, and overlook Brad Fletcher (our 2009 3rd rounder).

And spare us the "we could have had _________." That is true for every team in the league.

^^^

Agreed about Murph and Fletch, but you gotta admit, the Rams have yet to find a single solid contributor after round three under DeSpags.

We're talking Dorrell Scott, Brooks Foster, Keith Null, Chris Ogbonnya, Mardy Gilyard, Hall Davis, Fendi Onobun, Eugene Sims, Marquis Johnson, George Selvie, & Josh Hull.

Big Mike and Eugene Sims have made a few plays, but nothing significant. Straight up, that's a lot of wasted picks right there.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    First of all, Hines will probably end up on the practice squad.

Second, I fail to see how you can condemn Pettis and Salas after three games, condemn Jerome Murphy after a decent rookie year followed by an injury, and overlook Brad Fletcher (our 2009 3rd rounder).

And spare us the "we could have had _________." That is true for every team in the league.
    To some extent I agree. But at the same time I dont understand why our rookies always need time. There no different then other guys in the NFL. Salas and Pettis got the same amount of time to practice as A.J Green, Julio Jones, Denarius Moore, and Titus Young. But they cant produce at all. Whatever we will probably give them 2 years, and cut em. Mardy Gilyard 2.0. I sure hope I'm wrong.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Picks in Rounds 4 through 7 don't have a high probability of success. That's just the reality. The Rams have found a few guys who can contribute, but no "lightning in a bottle" in recent years (though the same guys you are condemning also found Danny Amendola on the scrap heap).

I'm going to add this hindsight analysis to a list of things I'm not going to go back and forth on this week.

I will simply leave you with a thought. In 2009, one team had 6 total picks in Rounds 2 and 3 of the draft. Today, only 2 of those 6 players are still on the team. That team is, you guessed it... the New England Patriots.

The draft is tough for every team.

Picks in Rounds 4 through 7 don't have a high probability of success. That's just the reality. The Rams have found a few guys who can contribute, but no "lightning in a bottle" in recent years (though the same guys you are condemning also found Danny Amendola on the scrap heap).

I'm going to add this hindsight analysis to a list of things I'm not going to go back and forth on this week.

I will simply leave you with a thought. In 2009, one team had 6 total picks in Rounds 2 and 3 of the draft. Today, only 2 of those 6 players are still on the team. That team is, you guessed it... the New England Patriots.

Its because the Patriots are so talented that their draft picks have to impress or their gone. With us, we will keep trash players for years because we have nothing better. Doesn't really matter because the next year they nab Devin McCourty, Rob Gronkowski, Jermaine Cunningham, Brandon Spikes, Aaron Hernandez, and Zoltan Mesko.
    Fettmaster and ManofGod like this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Obviously the jury is still out on the 2011 picks, but after 3 drafts under DeSpags, none of the draftee's taken after the 3rd round have contributed significantly for the Rams.
    I disagree, Hoomanawanui, Selvie, and Sims have made some contributions to this team but it would be nice to have a draft where all our players made a nice impact on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    I disagree, Hoomanawanui, Selvie, and Sims have made some contributions to this team but it would be nice to have a draft where all our players made a nice impact on this team.
    I said Big Mike and Eugene Sims have made some nice plays, but its not like they contributed heavily in a win. Selvie isn't with the team anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    As much as I like Hoomanawanui and Sims, neither has really contributed greatly. Quinn has contributed more in 1 game. Sims has 0 sacks and Quinn 1. I mean Sims has played here and there, but has done nothing big. I am happy with what he has brought us with his limited playing time though. And Mike had 3 td's his first year which were nice. He only has 15 catches thus far and only played in 10 games.

I would like 7th round picks like Sims and Hoomanwanui. Hooman would be bigger if it weren't for his constant injuries.
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -09-27-2011 at 07:34 PM.

richtree is offline Registered User

Let's face it, on a good team Danny Amendola may not even play....

and almost every good team in this league has found a couple of players late in the draft, we don't have 1 starters or contributor from late in the draft -- not even a special teamer.

Av, look at FettMaster's list above....That's got to be one of the 5 worst lists in the NFL from round 4-7 for 3 years..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast