RamWraith is offline Registered User

Rams wanted Pat guy?!

profootballtalk

Wanted man:
    The Patriots' success in scouting and drafting in recent years has led two teams to consider director of college scouting Thomas Dimitroff for top roles in their personnel departments within the last six months. Dimitroff, 39, was scheduled to interview for the Vikings' vice president of player personnel post in January before pulling out of the search (Fran Foley got the job and was subsequently replaced by Rick Spielman).

According to industry sources, the Rams also asked for permission to speak with Dimitroff for their vice president of player personnel job that ultimately went to former Panthers director of college scouting Tony Softli last week.

But the Rams were denied because Dimitroff signed a contract extension only months ago.

Dimitroff enters his 17th season in player personnel in 2006, and fifth with the Patriots.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams wanted Pat guy?!

Evidently its true, but I'm happy with who we have. I think he is going to help us alot when it comes to drafting.
    RamsFan16

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, if you can't beat them join them. Name one team who's done their homework recently better than the Patriots?

You can't. However, I'll admit I have no idea about anything when it comes to front office personnel and how to judge O lineman.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Well, I would say Steelers, but your point is right. Whether we want to admit it or not, they're doing something right up in Mass. It certainly would be worthwhile to start tapping into that...............but if they start serving clam chowder at the ED, and Rams Park becomes Rams Paak, then I'm going to be ticked.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

gap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Well, I would say Steelers, but your point is right. Whether we want to admit it or not, they're doing something right up in Mass. It certainly would be worthwhile to start tapping into that...............but if they start serving clam chowder at the ED, and Rams Park becomes Rams Paak, then I'm going to be ticked.
    That something right is all the money they spent smoozing the officials and tagbut, as they would be nowhere had the rules that were in place actually been enforced.

It doesn't take talent to knock the receivers down in the middles of their routes, or to grab onto their jerseys to prevent them from running those routes; it takes non-observant officials.

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

There was a time, when I pulled together the draft pick data for the last 5 years to do some analysis and compare the draft picks the Pats made AFTER the Rams. My thought was to look and see what Pat's picks turned out better than the Rams', who had picked later in the draft (and last in the first round in several cases).

But - After a little work , I lost the data file and pretty much came to the overall conclusion (subjectively) that the Pat's did a much better job at talent evaluation - overall. Of course that was at a time when we still had Arch, DL and Big Grease....OUCH!!

The guy in NE has some skills that may have served the Rams well.