Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Re: Rams will interview Giants' Lewis today

Too Funny!!

Lewis and Johnson get off the hook due to personnel and injuries, while the Rams DC does not.

I have to wonder who picks these head coaching candidates? Probably the media?

Doubtful Shaw has enough insight to pick the candidates himself.

Rumor has it that Shaw uses the moron's guide to running an NFL team. He spends hours watching cable tv and reading internet scuttlebutt.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    Too Funny!!
    Lewis and Johnson get off the hook due to personnel and injuries, while the Rams DC does not.
    Who said anything about being off the hook? It's just an interview. Lewis had his D playing well and then lost a host of players to injury, Jerry Gray same thing, Jim Johnson also.

What did Marmie ever do in Arizona? What has Marmie done here? Our D early on wasn't severly injured, sure we lost Butler and the safety postion was up in the air, but we had all 3 LBs healthy for a while, and Marmie's decision was to not play them on passing downs and teams saw that and would gash us with the run, Marmie never made the adjustment. We didn't blitz much at all, and we were getting smoked in the secondary, so why not blitz it can't get much worse. When Marmie finally started to blitz some at the end of the season it worked fairly well.

Marmie had his chance in Arizona, didn't make anything of it. He came here, most of us gave him the benefit of the doubt when he got here, and made some really questionable calls with the D that didn't work out. The way this season looked, it seems like he has a hard time making adjustments, that's not a good trait for a D coordinator.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Same old argument.

Hopefully Rams fans won't need to argue it next season.

There were excuses made for Lewis and Johnson under this thred. Making excuses is taking the coach off the hook. Fans don't stay consistent with their arguments. On one hand it is the coach and on the other it is the players or lack thereof.

Did Marmie have the defensive personnel in AZ? Many claimed he did not when he was hired by Martz.

Has he had the personnel with the Rams? Personally I don't think so.

This season:

Butler was injured, Arch was coming off injury, Fisher was coming off injury and regressed. We had that bum hawthrone, Furrey was a converted WR. The FA LB's were average at best. Claiborne was not on the field because he was not good in pass coverage. The DL was not executing with stunts. Blitzing was fruitless early on because none of the blitzers were getting to the QB. Little had personal problems again. Kennedy had a sub-par year. Hargrove is young and still learning. Tackling was absolutely pathetic for the entire season. Pass coverage was weak by the LB's who stayed on the field and in the young and inexperienced secondary.

But despite all of that and MORE. It was all the stinking coaches fault.

Whatever.

Lewis and Johnson are not that great either when they have personnel problems.

But Some Fans know it all about coaching. Too bad they don't submit their d*** resumes.

Last edited by HUbison; -01-10-2006 at 05:10 PM.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

You are entitled to your opinion Ferter, but I personally have never said it was "all the stinking coaches fault."

Just because people here post their thoughts, ideas, schemes, and opinions does not mean that some fans know it all about coaching, this is after all a message board.

Ferter when you suggest that some should submit their d*** resumes, maybe you should submit yours also.
    Last edited by HUbison; -01-10-2006 at 05:42 PM.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I really don't see any inconsistency in saying that we should look at any candidate over the length of their career rather than over just one season with respect to Marmie.

Neither, to my knowledge has anyone in any of the threads about Lewis or Gray, who has argued for looking at a candidate over the length of their career's rather than just one season,advocated either coach over anyone else who's being considered.

If Marmie were being considered now, I would argue exactly the same way and say we should look at what he's done over the length of his career.

And if we did, I think we'd all agree that it would be highly unlikely that he'd be successful.

I don't know it all Ferter and have never professed to.My plea for some of us here to take a longer view on a candidate is so that we find out a little more than we did before and develop an informed opinion. We can then share this opinion in the spirit of fun and and shared passion on a message board created for that very purpose.

You know, I enjoy that kind of internet scuttlebutt because it's free of the kind of personal poison that you see on the P-D board.

I don't get cable where I live.
    Last edited by Fat Pang; -01-10-2006 at 08:45 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12