AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

"Rams will lose big again..." "No... that's just what they're expecting us to do."

This week, we will witness the epic battle between conventional wisdom and cliche.

Conventional wisdom says that the Rams are a team in disarray, with marginal talent, and poor leadership. Conventional wisdom says that a team like this will crumble at the sight of the defending Super Bowl Champions. Conventional wisdom says the Rams will lose, and lose big.

Cliche says that a team is never as bad as it looks when it loses, and never as good as it looks when it wins. Cliche says that any team can win on any given Sunday.

Which force will prevail?

Well, I think the team will show surprising fire and enthusiasm this week. The have been embarrassed and ridiculed, and they won't allow a repeat performance to occur on their home field.

The Rams are going to win this game.

What then, I ask you, will the conventional wisdom conclude?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: "Rams will lose big again..." "No... that's just what they're expecting us to do

I'm r8rh8rmike and I approve this post!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: "Rams will lose big again..." "No... that's just what they're expecting us to do

You would THINK that the Rams will be fired up for their home opener. You would THINK that the Rams are embarrassed by their performance from last week, and will be out to prove everyone wrong in their assessment that the Rams are rated the worst team in the NFL.

...you would think.

I think they put up a better effort, how can it be any worse? ...but I still have this one chalked up as a probable loss. But that's why they strap them on and play the games, right?

Perhaps the Eagles did the Rams a favor by beating the snot out of them last week. Perhaps the Rams will get off the mat and fight back.

Perhaps.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    This week, we will witness the epic battle between conventional wisdom and cliche.

Conventional wisdom says that the Rams are a team in disarray, with marginal talent, and poor leadership. Conventional wisdom says that a team like this will crumble at the sight of the defending Super Bowl Champions. Conventional wisdom says the Rams will lose, and lose big.

Cliche says that a team is never as bad as it looks when it loses, and never as good as it looks when it wins. Cliche says that any team can win on any given Sunday.

Which force will prevail?

Well, I think the team will show surprising fire and enthusiasm this week. The have been embarrassed and ridiculed, and they won't allow a repeat performance to occur on their home field.

The Rams are going to win this game.

That is SOOOO true. Everyone is expecting the LOLWLY OLD RAMS to come out and get another beating like we did this past Sunday, to come out and do the same nonsense. Well I say that they dont know history and how FUNNY football is. REMEMBER this is FOOTBALL not basketball and other sportswhere outcomes are usually predetermined. FOotball is any given Sunday, it is very wacky and hard to predict score; anything can happen in FOOTBALL ( OH MY GOD I WONT EVEN TALK ABOUT HOW FUNNY MNF FOOTBALL IS!!!!)

YOU are darn right we are going to win; I am not giving up on my team just because we lost a week 1 game, even though it was terrible. We are going to win because we need it, because everyone else has us as losers on our turf, but little do they know we have ram fight, we play good at home NO MATTER the opponent. We are honoring our previous owner Georgia Frontiere. There is NO WAY IN HELL that the Rams are going to come out and get embarassed on their own home turf, where we have a pretty good record at the ED if you know your history. SO THIS SUNDAY WE WILL REALLY SEE WHERE THE RAMS STAND, NOT A WEEK 1 LOSS.

mdram is offline Registered User

If we had any other coach I would agree. I don't see it happening with LINEHAM

TekeRam is online now Registered User

Linehan isn't the only one who can motivate them... it's just his job. My hope is that Marshall fired them up pretty well, particularly Jackson, and Jax runs all over the Giants for like 200 yards, and then after the game(a win, obviously), he calls him out on it, saying something like "Marshall Faulk said he wouldn't pay me the big money... well what's he think about me now?!" Something like that would be sweet.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

I don't see how anyone can think we have even a slight chance to win the game on Sunday. It seems that hope and cliches are necessary to maintain a fan's sanity.

It is almost certain that we will lose, I just want to see some heart out there on the field.

krist042 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAM-BO View Post
    It is almost certain that we will lose, I just want to see some heart out there on the field.
    If they think it is certain they will lose, why put heart out on the field?

curleyski is offline Registered User

i have this feeling that after last weeks embarrasing loss to the eagles the rams will bounce back and take this home game to the giants. the defense has to rattle eli and the line must stop brandon jacobs from running until next month! but this can be done, the guys are pros and i really believe that they HATE to lose and have to answer all the stupid questions after the game if they do lose. i have read a few online chats where people already think we are going to be the worst team in the nfl and probably worse than miami last year. are we really that BAD?? i think not and this sunday we will prove the knuckleheads wrong! lets get busy rams players and fans, it was only one game last week and this teams is much better than that. i hope marshall gave the team a good talk and inspired them more than linehan ever could, i still think he lost this team a while back.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

I think this is a trap game for the Giants that's what I say.

eldfan is offline Registered User

AvengerRam "Cliche says that a team is never as bad as it looks when it loses, and never as good as it looks when it wins. Cliche says that any team can win on any given Sunday"

You forgot one thats why they play the game. Go Rams
    :ramlogo:

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Haven't you already answered that question yourself?