Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Thumbs down The Rams will be the only 7-8 NFC team to win their regular-season finale

"Ramming Through
    In his Weekend Pickoff, SI.com's Peter King predicts the Rams will be the only 7-8 NFC team to win their regular-season finale."

I only am listing games important to us. Full article here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...k17/index.html

"Ram tough
    St. Louis should emerge from pool of 7-8 NFC teams"

St. Louis (7-8) at Minnesota (6-9)
    Of all those lousy NFC teams, the Rams, to me, are clearly the team playing the best and deserve to be in the playoffs. I'd love to see Marc Bulger get a shot at the Eagles on a windless day in Philadelphia next week. That might be the best wild-card matchup of all.
    St. Louis 23, Minnesota 10

New York (7-8) at Washington (5-10)
    Give me one reason -- just one, and don't say, "They changed the play-caller on offense" -- that the Giants CAN play a good football game, against anyone. I just don't see it.
    Washington 30, New York Giants 13

Carolina (7-8) at New Orleans (10-5)
    I chuckle at those who say the Panthers have quit. If you quit for John Fox, you'd be on the street by now. And I haven't seen a whole lot of names on the Panthers waiver wire.
    New Orleans 19, Carolina 17

Atlanta (7-8) at Philadelphia (9-6)
    The Falcons will go out with a fight, but when their plane lands in Atlanta at the stroke of midnight on New Year's, I have a feeling the bell will be tolling for Jim Mora.
    Philadelphia 31, Atlanta 24"

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Re: The Rams will be the only 7-8 NFC team to win their regular-season finale

If only we can just forget the games and just go by experts opinion, but we can't. Any given Sunday...

There are many scenarios that can play out. I just wish things will go the way they are suppose to and the Rams would get the break. We are owed one from Super Bowl XXXVI.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RealRam is offline Registered User

Peter King is a good man. And like you, Rammer, I wish we could just rely on this expert to predict this weekend's outcome in the NFL! Nice, very nice indeed.

The odds are simply against us to see all these four games go our way. But let's just go ahead AND ...

DO THIS! --- LET'S DO THIS! :r

PS: good article, RFTID. Thanks for the encouragement.
    Last edited by RealRam; -12-29-2006 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Added PS

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

It seems like everybody is predicting us to get in. Which makes me think it's gonna blow up in our face.

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

All the Rams can do is go out and get a W and hope it goes our way...1 more W and we would have had our own destiny in our hands...Makes you mad thinking bout the 2 Seattle losses and the pitiful effort against the cards... Let's go and win on sunday,and if it's meant to be we will get in...Let's hope it's meant to be!!:l

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    It seems like everybody is predicting us to get in. Which makes me think it's gonna blow up in our face.
    Yep, it seems like every time in the last few years we've managed to put ourselves in a position to earn some respect, we don't follow through. IMO, this is a moment in time where we do indeed rise to the occasion and prove we are worthy of some respect. We don't control our own destiny and the playoffs are a longshot, but whether we get in or not, I believe we'll be viewed as a team that no one wanted to face.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

It can happen, I believe that both NO and Philly are playing for a first round home game, and after the fight the Skins put up against us I have a feeling the G nats will fold. The Rams need to take care of business.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    It can happen, I believe that both NO and Philly are playing for a first round home game, and after the fight the Skins put up against us I have a feeling the G nats will fold. The Rams need to take care of business.
    The Saints aren't playing for anything, they already have a first round bye locked up.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

theodus69 is offline Registered User

I don't like to see the rams Going into the playoffs like they did against the falcons just to get creamed, but then again , we should have killed the Pats in the last bowl appearance!:x
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    The Saints aren't playing for anything, they already have a first round bye locked up.

This is actually the game that worries me the most. I hear that Sean Payton isn't the type to cough up games or to let up. I think it was Demarco Farr that said that even though he feels the Packers will get in.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

bigredman is offline Registered User

[quote=RamFan_Til_I_Die;152721New York (7-8) at Washington (5-10)
    Give me one reason -- just one, and don't say, "They changed the play-caller on offense" -- that the Giants CAN play a good football game, against anyone. I just don't see it.
    Washington 30, New York Giants 13[/quote]

1. Who does Washington have on offense that remotely concerns any defensive coordinator, including New York's? Washington doesn't have a defense either, and you can bet Eli Manning will have sufficient time to carve up the Redskins suspect secondary to quiet the critics that think he's a bust.

Carolina (7-8) at New Orleans (10-5)
    I chuckle at those who say the Panthers have quit. If you quit for John Fox, you'd be on the street by now. And I haven't seen a whole lot of names on the Panthers waiver wire.
    New Orleans 19, Carolina 17
    This game makes me very uncomfortable. They've lost to Carolina before, and they are not likely to expose their bluechip players just to play spoiler.

Atlanta (7-8) at Philadelphia (9-6)
    The Falcons will go out with a fight, but when their plane lands in Atlanta at the stroke of midnight on New Year's, I have a feeling the bell will be tolling for Jim Mora.
    Philadelphia 31, Atlanta 24"
    This game I'm the most comfortable with, unless Vick goes berserk with some crazy scrambling freak show, which could happen if weather is bad and forces the running, especially if there is bad footing. The Philly defense will have a hard time chasing down the Vickster.

Not to mention, we have to win our game against Minnesota. Realistically, I give us a 33% chance of making the playoffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

BRM I LOVE the new avatar and sig...very nice!

majorram is offline Registered User

Funny I'm not really worried bout anybody else, thats out of our control, any given sunday.... I just want a W for the Rams and then wait and see......
    OK I little praying too.. BUT

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

I would love to see us get in but I truly don't think it will happen. I just can't see all three of them losing. Even if we can't get in I want to see us finish up strong and soundly beat the Vikings. Finishing 8-8 would mean alot. Especially after being 5-8. This is a very talented team who has alot of young players at key positions and finishing at .500 would give them confidence going into next season. Either way I think the future looks bright and I feel better about us going into next season than I have the last 2 years.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

I still see the Giants/Redskins game tonight as the key to the playoffs, if that one goes our way I think we will make it. I'm much more confident about the other 3 games, but Giants/Redskins looks like a toss-up as I see it, the Giants are the better team, but then again they have some serious injuries (Strahan, Petigout, Seubert, Shockey). It could go either way, I know I'll be watching this game for sure, let's hope it's not all over tonight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast