RamWraith is offline Registered User

Rams will be part of Favre “soap opera”

By Bill Coats
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Camp Day 14/late report)

Predictably, Brett Favre was a hot topic of conversation late Thursday afternoon at Baptist Sports Park, where the Rams wrapped up their two days of shared practices with the Tennessee Titans.

Seeing Favre in a Jets uniform “is going to be weird,” said Titans punter Craig Hentrich (Alton Marquette High), who was Favre’s teammate with the Packers from 1993-97. “It’s just a tough situation . . . kind of sad. I hope it doesn’t ruin his legacy there. I just know that people love him so much up there, and he’s done so much for that organization. I hope it doesn’t haunt him in the future.”

When he was the Vikings’ offensive coordinator from 2002-04, Scott Linehan went up against Favre twice a season in the NFC North. “I’ve seen him play in so many games . . . some on the bad side, some on the good side,” Linehan said. “It’s probably great for the game, keeping a guy like that playing.”

The Rams meet the Jets on Nov. 9 in New York. “We get to have our piece of that little soap opera, I guess,” Linehan quipped.

<><><>

Notes & quotes:

>>WR Drew Bennett had a rough day, with two outright drops and another ball that he should’ve caught in the end zone.

>>Rookie WR Keenan Burton made a terrific grab, outbattling two defenders for the ball, on a pass from Trent Green that netted about 30 yards.

>>The Rams and Titans practiced in shoulder pads and shorts, but they still popped one another pretty aggressively.

>>Rams T Adam Goldberg went head-to-head with Titans Pro Bowl DE Kyle Vanden Bosch in two series during 11-on-11 drills Thursday afternoon. Goldberg, who is having an excellent training camp, dominated.

>>Rookie Donnie Avery, who has been out nearly two weeks with a small fracture in his pelvic bone, ran routes with the other WRs and appears close to getting back onto the field.

>>Proud alum Corey Chavous has been sporting a Vanderbilt cap. The team hotel abuts the campus. “It’s kind of cool. I had a class right across the street,” Chavous said.

All for now . . . more Friday.

Josh Guest

Re: Rams will be part of Favre “soap opera”

Adam Goldberg Dominated Kyle Vanden Bosh?????? Thats awesome..

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Yeah, Vanden Bosch is one of the better defensive ends in the league. It's great to hear Goldberg is making that kind of progress.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Adam Goldberg Dominated Kyle Vanden Bosh?????? Thats awesome..
    Yeah, Vanden Bosch is one of the better defensive ends in the league. It's great to hear Goldberg is making that kind of progress. -- Goldenfleece

Looks like we might have pretty good depth for the OL. Yesterday I read about Nick Lecky also doing well at center but I'm still hoping, kind of, that Dustin Fry will backup Romberg there.

That Keenan youngster is really attracting well deserved attention at WR!

And BTW, let's bring those Jets down in November. Regardeless of their QB.
    Last edited by RealRam; -08-07-2008 at 11:41 PM. Reason: BTW

Josh Guest

A Jet Down In New York Might Be a little scary.

Keenum is offline Registered User

"Rams T Adam Goldberg went head-to-head with Titans Pro Bowl DE Kyle Vanden Bosch in two series during 11-on-11 drills Thursday afternoon. Goldberg, who is having an excellent training camp, dominated."

I like that

Josh Guest

there is no better word than DOMINATED!!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Bennett, having a rough day, not catching balls. What's going on with him?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Bennett, having a rough day, not catching balls. What's going on with him?
    Everybody has a rough day now and then. And this is the first of this kind of notation on Bennett so far. Let's not overreach on this one.

I mean, I understand bad days. Yea, on most days, I am the essence of manhood. Absolute twisted steel and sex appeal. But then every once in a while I have a bad day, and I'm only slightly greater than mortal.

Sometimes it just happens; know what I mean?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Yea, on most days, I am the essence of manhood. Absolute twisted steel and sex appeal. But then every once in a while I have a bad day, and I'm only slightly greater than mortal.

Sometimes it just happens; know what I mean?
    Hub, is that twisted steel or twisted sister? Heh, you brought it up!!

WHAT SAY YE?

moklerman is offline Registered User

Everybody has a rough day now and then.
    When it's preceded by a rough season, it becomes more noteworthy. This is more of the same, not a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    When it's preceded by a rough season, it becomes more noteworthy. This is more of the same, not a bad day.
    Does it Mok?

Which takes precedent..........the injury laden season last year; or the good camp he has had up to this report?

Would it not be fair to note the day after day of being a part of an offense that has been clicking (by all reports) as more of the same as well?

But now that a single report comes out on a single day, it is to be added on as indicative of the less-than-expected-output from last year?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

thoey is offline Registered User

Hub, no matter how good his pre-season goes, last season is the only thing that matters until this season starts.
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post
    Hub, no matter how good his pre-season goes, last season is the only thing that matters until this season starts.
    I'm sorry, but I will have to disagree. Last season may be all that some are willing to remember, but that doesn't make the preseason performance any less relevant. He is healthy now, which he wasn't last year. And reports are that the offense (including Bennett @ #2) are moving the ball well, which wasn't the case last year.