Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Rams win!!! 17-3!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Rams win!!! 17-3!

Wow! Huge win guys! This feels great. I was able to watch the whole game and that defense is ferocious. The offensive line, overall, played well. Bradford played well, believe it or not (despite only completing 7 of his 2 passes, 2 TDs and 1 INT.). He had some bad throws (the interception) but overall the lack of the offense moving was on WRs dropping passes, not Bradford.

This was a HUGE GAME. Congrats to our team and GO RAMS!!!!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

BrokenWing is online now Registered User

Re: Rams win!!! 17-3!

I thought Bradford played pretty well considering.

I'll make it clear though, something that might be over looked...

What was the difference in the game score wise? Two touchdowns. Both (I think?) were thrown by Bradford on third down. That's huge.
    shower beers likes this.

MB10HOF is offline Registered User

Great win! We're 3-2, let's partay!!! Man did Sam look sharp tonight. That throw to Givey was one of the best throws I've seen a ram make in quite some time. Perfect dime. His footwork looks so prestine/majestic.
    Props to Jenkins on what should have been a nice pick-six too.
    Rocky looks absoloutley phenomenal in every game I've watched on tape, and he didn't dissapoint tonight.

I did see some negatives worth noting though.
    We need Brockers to play some football.
    Chris Long. This is a little on the edge because he's untouchable from criticism with everyone I talk to. This guy is great at getting pressure, a nightmare at de. But what concerns me is his getting off the snap. That track thing is a mirage, he's one of the slowest DE's I've ever seen get off the ball that's considered to be elite. It's like he's distracted some times. He will improve, though. He's young and very gifted. Other than that, I was very satisfied and look forward to reviewing the tape from tonight.
    Last edited by MB10HOF; -10-05-2012 at 01:45 AM.

THOLTFAN81 is online now Registered User

Celebrate good times

Alpha_Male is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    The offensive line, overall, played well.
    They did "enough" but they almost got Bradford hurt on that INT when they let 2 linemen run free when Arizona only rushed 4. I understand it was a tricky presnap formation but you have 5 offensive linemen and they only block 2 of the 4 pass rushers?

With next years draft and perhaps some free agent pickups the Rams can beef up the offensive line and maybe just maybe get Bradford a real #1 receiver because Almendola's body isn't cut out for the role
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

JFMose is offline Registered User

Was I the only one locked out of clanram during the game?

But awesome win guys!

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JFMose View Post
    Was I the only one locked out of clanram during the game?

But awesome win guys!
    No I think Clanram went down for awhile. I couldn't log on until just now.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MB10HOF View Post
    Great win! We're 3-2, let's partay!!! Man did Sam look sharp tonight. That throw to Givey was one of the best throws I've seen a ram make in quite some time. Perfect dime. His footwork looks so prestine/majestic.
    Props to Jenkins on what should have been a nice pick-six too.
    Rocky looks absoloutley phenomenal in every game I've watched on tape, and he didn't dissapoint tonight.

I did see some negatives worth noting though.
    We need Brockers to play some football.
    Chris Long. This is a little on the edge because he's untouchable from criticism with everyone I talk to. This guy is great at getting pressure, a nightmare at de. But what concerns me is his getting off the snap. That track thing is a mirage, he's one of the slowest DE's I've ever seen get off the ball that's considered to be elite. It's like he's distracted some times. He will improve, though. He's young and very gifted. Other than that, I was very satisfied and look forward to reviewing the tape from tonight.
    Sam Bradford was 7 for 21...that's sharp? He got us into the endzone on 2 separate occasions, props for that!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Chris Long. This is a little on the edge because he's untouchable from criticism with everyone I talk to. This guy is great at getting pressure, a nightmare at de. But what concerns me is his getting off the snap. That track thing is a mirage, he's one of the slowest DE's I've ever seen get off the ball that's considered to be elite.
    Yep. Slow. That's what you need to lead the league in QB pressures for 3 years.

I guess we'll have to disagree.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RealRam is offline Registered User

Our boy Bradford is developing slower than expected IMHO. He certainly has the potential, etc., BUT even though some of those passes during the 16[?] slump of incompletions were on the WRs, that is still an awful long streak of misses!

Sure, those two TDs make up for a lot of sad scenarios in a QBs game (that TD bomb to Givens was just beautiful) yet, again 'BUT' ... it seems to me that SB still needs to loosen up and perform to the expected level. I've seen him throw some passes that just don't make sense, e.g., a pass thrown to the ground about five, seven yards short of the intended receiver. ANY and every quarterback does this occasionally, okay.

I believe in Bradford and trust that he'll make progress in the consistency department this year.

It was just great that the Rams D once again saved the day BIG TIME. Yeah! Rams WON!!! 17-3!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Our boy Bradford is developing slower than expected IMHO. He certainly has the potential, etc., BUT even though some of those passes during the 16[?] slump of incompletions were on the WRs, that is still an awful long streak of misses!

Sure, those two TDs make up for a lot of sad scenarios in a QBs game (that TD bomb to Givens was just beautiful) yet, again 'BUT' ... it seems to me that SB still needs to loosen up and perform to the expected level. I've seen him throw some passes that just don't make sense, e.g., a pass thrown to the ground about five, seven yards short of the intended receiver. ANY and every quarterback does this occasionally, okay.

I believe in Bradford and trust that he'll make progress in the consistency department this year.

It was just great that the Rams D once again saved the day BIG TIME. Yeah! Rams WON!!! 17-3!
    I agree. He definitely needs to continue to improve, but once again, we prevailed. And I don't think were lucky that the D stepped up. Its the kind of team Fisher was going to run. We weren't going to score 30.0 PPG. We'll be effective running the ball, we'll methodically drive the ball down the field, and we'll absolutely PUNCH you in the mouth on D. Looks solid to me so far!

THE DREAM TEAM

RealRam is offline Registered User

Please place caption on this caricature...

And we'll absolutely PUNCH you in the mouth on D! --Sosa39Rams
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-05-2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Quote
    shower beers likes this.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

To be fair to Bradford though, I can remember at least three drops on decently thrown balls during that streak, one to Kendricks and two to Amendola. The Amendola ones were hard catches, but Danny can make those and didn't.

It's incredibly frustrating for a QB to make a decent throw and it not get caught. Just ask Kevin Kolb with any pass he threw to Michael Floyd

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Rams win!!! 17-3!

There were several occasions where Bradford put the ball in the receiver's hands, and, as you all know, drive killing penalties (Dahl on Bradford's 15 yard scramble) didn't help either. So yeah, Bradford's stat sheet looked bad but with two Amendola drops that were uncharacteristic, at least one Kendricks drop, and one drop by--if I'm remembering correctly--Givens who was given a perfect ball...I really can't say Bradford was the problem. I'm not saying he didn't have some poor throws/decisions but lets face it: his two scores were the difference and the fact that they were huge third downs speaks volumes to, what I believe to be, his progress. Lets remember, Arizona has a nasty defense too (just not as awesome as ours ).

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

shower beers is offline Registered User

I think in a game with o-lines and defenses like these, you have to sort of ignore the stat line and focus on how the QB overcame the adversity. Kolb had an elite WR in Fitzgerald and an up and coming Andre Roberts, and couldn't make the important plays. Bradford missed 11(?) passes in a row but came up big in the two most important conversions of the game, the second coming after he lost his safety net in Amendola.

Both QBs had defenders in their face all night, but Bradford forced through the big plays, which is something that doesn't appear in a stat line. Have to give him props where props are due.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast