Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Rams win, baby!!

cfin5256 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams win, baby!!

Sam... What can I say; seeing him play like that made my day. If we can get that all season, then WOW!

Also, we got some nasty in our defense. I love it!

RealRam is online now Registered User

"It wasn't flawless..."
    It couldn't have been. The Refs made sure of that in the 1st half.

Ahhh, but it was sweeeeeeet!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

As the late great Randy "Macho Man" Savage would say...

Oooooooooooooooooooh yeaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!
    lostsoul and bradwill like this.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I think we can expect this kind of a ride all year.

A young team, such as the Rams have, will produce games like this. A lot of highs and lows. They'll do some pretty spectacular things then turn around and look like, well... rookies. Take Jenkins for example. He plays a pretty solid game then totally gets burned on the long one. It's gonna happen. Also, Richardson looks great, then fumbles at the absolute worst time.

It's gonna be a bumpy ride, but it'll be frustrating at times, but mostly just fun to watch.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

We played a great game,like ive been saying we are capable of beating good teams.We are light years better than last year the rookies and FA's have been a huge upgrade.And if Sam can keep improving we will be a tough out every single week.Now im not saying we are playoff bound but i think its safe to say we arent the doormat of the NFL.The redskins are a good young team and we beat them i like where we are going.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Did you guys see Long and Bradford at the end of the game! Man they had a moment, these guys want to win!

MoreCowbel is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    The streak is over! We overcame the refs to pull this one out!
    Overcame the refs?????? Are you ****ting me?????? They were in your hip pocket the entire game. The Rams were allowed to commit personal fouls all day without any being called. I lost respect for Fisher and your team today. Seriously, I will root for any team that plays against you (Cowboys are a toss up), But you were truly dirty and bad today. Be proud....really. It's not you per se, just the calls you got away with (or rather, not called) for the entirety of the day. I and very angry at the NFL and all things Rams right now. The refs had no control at all and just let you, the Rams, do basically anything after or during any play. Just a gross and sad affair unless, of course, you are a Ram fan. Enjoy the rest of your year.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbel View Post
    Overcame the refs?????? Are you ****ting me?????? They were in your hip pocket the entire game. The Rams were allowed to commit personal fouls all day without any being called.
    You mean other than the one on Quinn that gave the Redskins an extra chance at the end zone and the one called on Jackson that took away a chance from the Rams.

Other than those two, right?
    SportsDude likes this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    You mean other than the one on Quinn that gave the Redskins an extra chance at the end zone and the one called on Jackson that took away a chance from the Rams.

You forgot the one that RG3 committed on himself and was called against the Rams.

Oh, and that time Bradford was hit while sliding and it wasn't called. Refs were totally for the skins all day.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Did you guys see Long and Bradford at the end of the game! Man they had a moment, these guys want to win!
    Is that legal in Missouri? Maybe they'll have to move to LA afterall =(
    RockinRam likes this.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I think he was talking about the 14 points the refs took from the Rams. At least, when I watched the DVR replay of the first half, that's what I believe he's talking about.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Overcame the refs?????? Are you ****ting me?????? They were in your hip pocket the entire game. The Rams were allowed to commit personal fouls all day without any being called. I lost respect for Fisher and your team today. Seriously, I will root for any team that plays against you (Cowboys are a toss up), But you were truly dirty and bad today. Be proud....really. It's not you per se, just the calls you got away with (or rather, not called) for the entirety of the day. I and very angry at the NFL and all things Rams right now. The refs had no control at all and just let you, the Rams, do basically anything after or during any play. Just a gross and sad affair unless, of course, you are a Ram fan. Enjoy the rest of your year.
    Not sure if serious...? I watched the game with Skins fans and even they acknowledged the reffing was horribly one-sided.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    The streak is over! We overcame the refs to pull this one out!
    Overcame the refs?????? Are you ****ting me?????? They were in your hip pocket the entire game. The Rams were allowed to commit personal fouls all day without any being called.
    Your kidding right? Did you watch the same game I did? Granted I had to leave for church just after the RAMS' second field goal, and I didn't see the second half, but up to that point almost everything the refs did was to cause the RAMS to lose. They made one iffy personal foul on Fletcher for a sidelines hit. I personally think it was legit because the player's own momentum was taking him out of bounds. The hit was unnecessary, which is what the unnecessary roughness penalty is for. The call when RGIII was at the sidelines was also iffy, but at least RGIII was still trying to tight-rope the sidelines. What about the tiptoe TD that was ruled out of bounds? How about the dive for the first down that was marked a half yard short and forced a punt? How about SJax crossing the goal line twice, as well as being down by contact but was still ruled a fumble, all on the same first and goal? How about the holding that opened the lane for RGIII's first TD?

The refs had no control at all and just let you, the Rams, do basically anything after or during any play. Just a gross and sad affair unless, of course, you are a Ram fan. Enjoy the rest of your year.

Again, you obviously did not see the same game I saw.

It was great to read that the RAMS pulled out a game that was so stacked against them. That hasn't happened since the 1st 9er game in 1999.

gap

RealRam is online now Registered User

As the late great Randy "Macho Man" Savage would say...

Oooooooooooooooooooh yeaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!

You got it: Oh, yeah!

bradwill is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    I think we can expect this kind of a ride all year.

A young team, such as the Rams have, will produce games like this. A lot of highs and lows. They'll do some pretty spectacular things then turn around and look like, well... rookies. Take Jenkins for example. He plays a pretty solid game then totally gets burned on the long one. It's gonna happen. Also, Richardson looks great, then fumbles at the absolute worst time.

It's gonna be a bumpy ride, but it'll be frustrating at times, but mostly just fun to watch.
    What I liked about Jenkins is that he didn't get burned again as they came after him a couple more times after the TD. Rams were leaving him out there in single coverage some and obviously have a lot of confidence in the rookie. Then again, with Dahl as one of your safeties, might as well go man-on man anyway Sorry, couldn't resist something snarky on a winning day, but Dahl sucks.

I really liked how Jenkins brought the hammer on Fred Davis late also. When the scouts and others said don't confuse him with Deon Sanders as he won't run away from any contact and will actually hit, they meant it. He crushed a good size TE and didn't really flinch at the impact.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast