prof22693 is offline Registered User

Thumbs down Rams to win NFC West

ESPN's Michael Smith picked the Rams to win the NFC West today, on NFL Live. He stated that the Rams had a sneaky off-season and they could make a run deep, if they fix the run defense (exactly what I've been saying). Bulger was interviewed, and there appears to be much more confidence in the system. He also agrees that the cards and niners are overhyped and likes our chances this year. It seems like the Rams are finally getting more attention.... :l

It is also notable that he chose 3 NFC South teams to make the playoffs

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams to win NFC West

what three teams from the south did he pick? also, what record does he predict us to have?

Quote Originally Posted by timsum1283 View Post
    what three teams from the south did he pick? also, what record does he predict us to have?
    I believe he picked the Saints to win the division, and the other two he didn't really talked about. But I'm pretty sure he also said Falcons and the other is a toss-up. He also didn't say a record, (as well as for the other NFC West teams) but said the Rams were contenders, The niners pretenders, the cards pretenders, and the seahawks contenders (but he didn't necessarily say they would make the playoffs, yet this contradicts with what he said earlier about 3 NFC South teams). I think he expects the Rams to have a very good record, (no specifics) and said the division winners would be the Saints in the south, Eagles in the east, Bears in the north, and Rams in the west.
    Last edited by prof22693; -06-01-2007 at 10:40 PM. Reason: what michael smith picks and not thinks

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't agree with 3 teams from the NFC South making the playoffs.

NFC East- Eagles
    NFC North- Bears
    NFC South- Saints
    NFC West- THEE St. Louis Rams

Wild Card- Cowboys, Whiners

That's my prediction.

Every season there seems to be a surprise (Cinderella) team. Guess who that will be?
    Our Rams! No surprise to us but will be to the rest of the so called experts.
    Last edited by laram0; -06-02-2007 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I don't agree with 3 teams from the NFC South making the playoffs.

NFC East- Eagles
    NFC North- Bears
    NFC South- Saints
    NFC West- THEE St. Louis Rams

Wild Card- Cowboys, Whiners

That's my prediction.

Every season there seems to be a surprise (Cinderella) team. Guess who that will be?
    Our Rams! No surprise to us but will be to the rest of the so called experts.
    Same here, I thought he would say the Cowboys and some other team, personally I think the Seahawks but they are having alot of problems. If it was three teams from a division you'd think it would be the East or West this year. I too, believe the experts will be suprised by us, it happens to someone every year.

NFLManiac is offline Registered User

what 2 teams from the NFC south did he have going? I'm guessing the Panthers were one because they are always over hyped, but was the other team?. I don't think any NFC South team will make the WC

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I would've liked it more if he'd picked us to finish last in the west. Something about proving how human these analysts are intrigues me.

Milan is offline Registered User

I can't wait till this season starts, everyone's all over the ***** jock this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by NFLManiac View Post
    what 2 teams from the NFC south did he have going? I'm guessing the Panthers were one because they are always over hyped, but was the other team?. I don't think any NFC South team will make the WC
    Like I said, he wasn't to sure about that. But I know for sure it was Saints to win division, and as for the rest, he wasn't so clear about (must've been time restraints). He seemed intrigued by the Bucs, and I think he was leaning towards the Falcons. I know many people always are hyped about the Panthers, but think they will fall short this year. I think we're gonna see a large tie for the wild card this year, But definitely not 3 from the South, maybe not 2.

Talking Re: Rams to win NFC West

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I would've liked it more if he'd picked us to finish last in the west. Something about proving how human these analysts are intrigues me.
    He seems to be the only analyst supporting us that isn't Rams biased. Don't worry though, there are plenty that picked us not to make the playoffs that we could prove wrong. :-D

PantherFan1002 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NFLManiac View Post
    the panthers were definatly overhyped, but we also had 3/5 of our oline on ir, our pro bowl caliber mlb. and countless small injurys.

Yet we still beat the saints twice, and last time i checked shut the rams out while holding jackson to like 36 yds....

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Smith said that the three teams from the South would be the Saints (Division Winners), the Panthers and Falcons.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by PantherFan1002 View Post
    the panthers were definatly overhyped, but we also had 3/5 of our oline on ir, our pro bowl caliber mlb. and countless small injurys.

Yet we still beat the saints twice, and last time i checked shut the rams out while holding jackson to like 36 yds....
    Yeah let's not forget we were missing our share of our O-line, had only just lost our 7-time pro bowl left tackle a week before, and of course like you said, countless small injuries.

And by the way, you beat the Saints twice last year, and beat us last year, but that won't really help you make the playoffs this year. The Saints will get at least one from you this year, and we probably won't lose like that again to you this September.

MonaLisaOverdrive is offline Registered User

Hey guys,

Just wanted to join the convo. I still think the Hawks have the best chance to take the division this year. I think your Rams and the Niners will fight each other for 2nd spot, and probably a playoff spot as I feel the NFC West is a lot better this year.

A couple weeks ago I would have said the Niners would be the West runner-up, but after having more time to think about it, reading/watching sports writers/pundits discuss the West, I really think now the Niners are the trendy pick and the Rams are flying under the radar. Hell, I think the Hawks have flown under the radar this off season, everyone seems to think they got worse, when they actually UPGRADED lol.

Anywho,

Seahawks
    Rams
    Niners
    Cards

IMO.