Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams winless in 09? Peter Schrager thinks so ...

'Winless' he says. Good grief!

That TV commercial, about some long lasting chewing gum where a blasť young man walks across the street chewing away his old gum and suddenly a ram smashes into him twice, making him spit out the gum which is then collected by the makers of the gum who flee away in a fast van.

Put in a much larger ram (say a Richie Cogs) and have him blast against the writer of this article to see it fly out of his mouth. Then have Coach Spags and us Clan members stomp and smother the text with reality: we will be contenders!

"Winless" ... bah! GO RAMS!
    Last edited by RealRam; -08-13-2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Tyop

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

More on the author...

Pete Schrager's Wife Will Cheat on Him in 09? Armen Dacity thinks so..
    Armen Dacity, Beat Writer

I think that Pete Schrager's wife will cheat on him in 2009. Mind you, I don't know Pete or his wife. In fact, I don't even know if he is married. Still, it is clear that one need not have any knowledge, facts or expertise in order to publish an opinion regarding anything on the internet. I am therefore confident in my conclusion.

From what I have surmised, Pete's wife is hot. In fact, she is, by all accounts, "out of his league." People often see them together and think, "what is SHE doing with HIM?"

In the past, this was not an issue. Mrs. Schrager was a loyal and faithful wife. Recently, though, she has become dissatisfied. She has started to realize that the man she married isn't a journalist in the tradition of greats of the past, but rather is a hack who meets his deadlines by making stuff up and packaging them with provocative, if absurd, headlines.

As she started losing respect for him as a professional, Pete's physical shortcomings became harder to ignore. After a while, Mrs. Schrager's eye started to wander. At first it was just harmless flirting, but it seems it is becoming more.

And so, with no facts, other than the ones I just made up, I have reached the conclusion that Mrs. Schrager will find some hot, young, stud and ride him like a rodeo cowboy on a wild bronco.

Pete, of course, will be crushed.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -08-13-2009 at 05:48 PM.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

5-11 yes, winless no.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

While this article is garbage, I agree totally with his assessment of our WR core...the lack of proven talent is just downright scary.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    While this article is garbage, I agree totally with his assessment of our WR core...the lack of proven talent is just downright scary.
    I agree 100%, our WR core is in a word:brutal, I still don't know why we didn't draft a WR earlier in this years draft (potentially because we are already a very young team and management did not desire to get younger this year especially since this was going to be a rebuilding year at best), and we had so many gaps to fill.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Of course, if we drafted a WR early, he too would be "unproven" (or, in the case of Crabtree, unsigned).

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Of course, if we drafted a WR early, he too would be "unproven" (or, in the case of Crabtree, unsigned).
    Actually AV, I'm sure Crabtree would've been happy with 32 million guaranteed.

But getting back to the topic, I don't think 0 and 16 will be done again in my lifetime. We've certainly got a lot of improving to do, but I think we're guaranteed at least one win by virtue of being in the same division as the Fortuniners.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -08-13-2009 at 09:55 PM.

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

"A decade later, the Rams receivers are these guys: second-year man Keenan Burton (coming off an injury and out of practice); second-year man Donnie Avery (out four to six weeks); Derek Stanley (who?); Ronald Curry (blah); Tim Carter (out of the NFL in '08); and second-year man Laurent Robinson. "
    I've heard of all of these guys, but who the %@&! is Peter Schrager?
    The Greatest Show on Turf? More like "Some young guys and journeymen who happen to play wide receiver.
    Maybe this guy should realize the GSOT hasn't existed for several years. Professional writer? Sounds more like some guy looking at a blog written by someone else and trying to make a story out of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12