Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Rams WR Austin Pettis suspended 4 games (Per Jim Thomas)

punahou is offline Registered User

Re: Rams WR Austin Pettis suspended 4 games (Per Jim Thomas)

Another Item of note IMO...

If I, you, or anyone else can walk into a GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, Gorilla Plant, etc... and buy whatever is offered at legitemate businesses, then those products themselves should be allowed. If our federal government doesnt inhibit us from buying non-prescription performance enhancers, I cant see how any sport can do so as well.
    BrokenWing and Dwight Frye like this.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Frye View Post
    Wait ... let go Amendola, Salas and Pettis? Keep Gibby? T.O. will help?

...... What?
    I assumed that was trolling by including Amendola and Salas. T.O.?????

Agrajag is offline Registered User

Wow, I wonder if Magnesium is allowed.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    "Rams wide receiver Austin Pettis has been suspended for four games for violating NFL rules on performance-enhancing substances. Pettis will miss the final two games of this season, and the first two games of next season, without pay."

Thomas forgot to add, "and no one will notice."
    I wonder if Kendricks is on the same stuff too. ?
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -12-22-2011 at 06:15 PM.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I think Pettis might have either ADHD or some sort of sleeping disorder. If that's the case, then yea..

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    The NFL is on crack.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Here is the statement Pettis released to the PD:

"I apologize to the St. Louis Rams, my teammates, and our fans for making a poor decision that led to my suspension. I tried Adderall, but I failed to follow the proper procedures set forth by the NFL before using such medication. I accept full responsibility and must endure the consequences for my action. I promise to emerge on the other side of this suspension as a better person and player."
    Poor decision is right. Regardless of the merits of substances banned by the NFL, players know they have to be extremely careful with what they take. Why risk your career by being lazy?? Sometimes I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by xkidflowx View Post
    Hell yeah I'll take blackmon if he ran a slow forty.. he has physical things you can't teach. He has a great mentality and can jump .. I also love how he doesn't mind going through the middle
    Exactly. You don't need blazing speed when you can go up and snag the ball despite guys hanging all over you.
    THOLTFAN81 and Tampa_Ram like this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Here is the statement Pettis released to the PD:

Poor decision is right. Regardless of the merits of substances banned by the NFL, players know they have to be extremely careful with what they take. Why risk your career by being lazy?? Sometimes I just don't get it.

Exactly. You don't need blazing speed when you can go up and snag the ball despite guys hanging all over you.
    The best wr's of all time werent burners, they werent the best vertical threats. they were hard working, great catching, great route running wr's.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    I think Pettis might have either ADHD or some sort of sleeping disorder. If that's the case, then yea..
    My question is, if a player does have ADHD, is Adderall allowed to them if its prescribed? It helps them focus in everyday life. However if you dont have ADHD, youll speed off this stuff. Im in college and people take it all the time.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Another wasted draft pick.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Bing69 is offline Registered User

The nfl has crazy rules regarding what is perceived to be performance enhancing. Take Voboras case, he only took flippin' cough medicine, if these guys have to check what they can take for a cough then its gone a bit far....

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

The issue here is not that he actually took it, it's that he took it without thinking that he needed to ask the NFL for permission first.

I don't know why this isn't taught, but when you take a new supplement, or pill, or whatever, you are supposed to phone the NFL, ask if you can use it and they say yes or no.

If Pettis did indeed have narcolepsy or ADHD, I'm sure the NFL would have allowed it. But he didn't ask. And that's the issue here
    Last edited by tomahawk247; -12-23-2011 at 06:22 AM.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

He's been a team player in a season of chaos and poor fortune. Surrounded by a $hitty OC and with 3 different qbs, he's done alright. No need to bag on the kid, especially if it was just adderall.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    No need to bag on the kid, especially if it was just adderall.
    I have to take exception. That's precisely the point. It was just adderall. We ain't in college no mo. It's the pros. Adderall? Puleazze.

Now if it had been nutropin, humatrope or even erythropoietin, then we know the kid's stepped up his game. Adderall?? The No-doz of 21st Century. Yeesh. Amatuerish. Send him back to the minors.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HST

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

There is something utterly oxymoronic about any Ram WR using performance enhancing drugs, simply because IT DIDN'T WORK! Truthfully, Pettis has started to show some real progress and I hope it continues next year. I hope we'll have Justin Blackmon, who won't need any of these drugs next year as well.

Go Rams!

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Austin Pettis Suspended For PED Use, St. Louis Rams Wide Receivers Fear Voodoo Curse

By Dan Moore - Managing Editor

Austin Pettis is suspended four games for violating the NFL's performance-enhancing substances policy. The St. Louis Rams have no more wide receivers.

Follow @sbnstlouis on Twitter, and Like SB Nation St. Louis on Facebook.

Dec 21, 2011 - Austin Pettis is the St. Louis Rams' latest wide receiver to show promise and then rapidly have that promise pulled out from under his team—he's been suspended for PED use, according to the Post-Dispatch's Jim Thomas. The 2011 NFL Draft pick's four-game suspension is only the latest piece of evidence pointing to one obvious conclusion: The St. Louis Rams' entire wide receiving corps has been cursed by some kind of stereotypical 70s-sitcom voodoo practitioner.

Exhibit A: Danario Alexander's impossibly balky knee. Exhibit B: Danny Amendola's elbow bending in ways elbows don't bend. Exhibit C: Mike Sims-Walker vanishing into thin air shortly after being announced as the Rams' big offensive acquisition. Exhibit D: Greg Salas contracting Danny Amendola's Disease shortly after turning into Danny Amendola. Exhibit E: Mark Clayton returning from the physically unable to perform list only to prove physically unable to perform.

And Exhibit F—Austin Pettis, clearly aware he's the next domino to fall, overcompensating by violating the
    NFL's performance enhancing drug policy, which is basically, "Try not to let people realize that everyone in the NFL is on performance enhancing drugs." (THAT'S FUNNY!)

In response to the news Brandon Gibson was seen purchasing a single passage to Samarra.

This is weak, but I would have guessed that he was caught popping some Lunesta prior to kickoff with the remainder of the offense.

Interesting twist that some of these players may be dealing with some health condition. Should they be able to take pharma to help? Perhaps Barron could have taken Sinemet for his Parkisons.
    Semper Fi!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234