Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Rams Wrap Up Sunday Sessions ..
Rams Wrap Up Sunday Sessions ..
Posted >Sun, August 02, 2009 05:00
by Nick Wagoner
- The Rams just put the finishing touches on Sunday's practice sessions with an afternoon workout. The weather remains pleasant though there were signs of St. Louis' trademark heat and humidity. Apparently, there's plenty more where that came from for next week.
- Cornerback Ron Bartell was held out of the afternoon session after getting a bit dehydrated following the morning practice. Players like Bartell, who are in the best physical shape, always face that as an obstacle because any substantial weight loss can be hard for their frames to handle. No worries, though, as Bartell is expected to be fine and back in time for Monday morning's practice.
- Brock Berlin is off to a nice start in this camp and threw a few beautiful deep balls in each practice today. Keith Null is going to have quite a challenge on his hands as Berlin seems to have developed a knack for rising to the occasion in training camp.
- Undrafted rookie wide receiver Jarrett Byers had a nice catch on a deep pass in the afternoon session.
- Team owner Lucia Rodriguez and her family attended the afternoon practice. Her son, Will Rodriguez, is the kicker for the River City Rage, an indoor football team in St. Louis that last night won to advance to the UIFL championship game. Congrats and best of luck to Will and the Rage in the title game.
- Coach Steve Spagnuolo said in the opening days of camp that he's looking forward to seeing which players emerge as leaders out of this camp. One player that seems to be stepping to the forefront is free safety Oshiomogho Atogwe. When he talks, others listen and his energy and enthusiasm are infectious.
- Defensive end Leonard Little still has some gas in the tank and he seems to be enjoying his role as the elder statesman of the defensive line. He does a nice job of being around and accessible to the young players on defense.
- That's all for today barring any other news. The Rams will practice twice tomorrow on the same schedule and be in full pads once again on Monday morning. Come on out to the Russell Training Center for that and be sure to follow along on Twitter under username "OneRamsWay."
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 2Last Post: -04-09-2008, 09:53 PM
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 0Last Post: -11-06-2007, 06:41 PM
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 0Last Post: -10-22-2007, 02:43 PM
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 0Last Post: -10-07-2007, 07:55 PM
By OldRamsfan in forum RAM TALKReplies: 6Last Post: -02-08-2006, 03:36 AM