MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

RamTight Ends - 40 yd times -The Red Zone

A great deal of press was afforded Vernon Davis and his spectacular 40 time, and no doubt he will score some long touchdowns. But what about our rookie tight ends? They do not have spectaclar 40 times. The Klopper posted respectable times while Byrd apparently was somewhat more pedestrian. Will these modest 40 times impede their production for the Rams? The offense mostly sputtered last year in the Red Zone and whether one blames Martz's playcalling or Brandon's rather consistent ineptitude, too often we could not cash in and instead had to settle for three points. This year I feel in my bones will be different. Barring injury both of the rookies will be able to contribute from the get go, and particularly in the Red Zone. When the field is compressed and the opposing D has less area to cover, it often comes down to the "jump ball" and this year I really like our chances. Last year opposing teams really only had to worry about Holt and to some degree Bruce, and too often Bulger tried to force it in anyway. This year promises to be different ... You don't have to run a 4.38 to jump high, and a 4.38 probably doesn't help much when one's team is trying to punch it in from the 15 yd line. Being big, strong, tall, and having great hands however, will help alot! Can't wait to see these kids tear it up!!!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: RamTight Ends - 40 yd times -The Red Zone

I think the size of the TE's these days negates the 40 time measurement in most scenarios. With the officials watching the 5 yard chuck rule very closely, the TE's have become a major weapon to any offense.