Molotov is offline Registered User

Random but Important Observations, Game 2

1. I thought Marques Johnson had little chance of making the team. Think again. He has been playing well, and would have broke up that TD pass if Quincy wasn't in his way. Note how close he comes to swatting it away.
    2. HooChoo Mama is the real deal at TE. Future pro bowler. Write it down now. Billy, HooChoo and Daniel make the team, with Fendi to the practice squad.
    3. Our defense is going to be very good.
    4. Our offense will be above average as long as Steven is on the field, regardless of who the QB is.
    5. I want to see more of these young DEs.
    6. I had high hopes for Chris O, but I think Keith Totson should run with the #2s, if not the #1s, next week. Lets see what he's got.
    7. The win over Cleveland is huge in many ways. On the road, bad weather, play mediocre in many ways, but JUST FIND A WAY TO WIN. This team needs that.
    8. Excellent special teams play in all regards.
    9. Time for the "experts" to stop talking about our horrendous offensive line. This line is solid. It is a MYTH that this OL is a weak link.
    10 Who are our best wide receivers, and where are they?
    11 In 6 years, you'll be talking about Sam, Roger, Jerome, and Michael as the core of an excellent NFL draft.
    12 Don't worry about the play calling. Heck, our best player isn't even out there most of the time. Keep the good stuff in the goody bag.
    Last edited by Molotov; -08-22-2010 at 02:12 AM.

AlwaysBackwards is offline Registered User

Re: Random but Important Observations, Game 2

this got me giddier than a 14 year old girl gets over justin bieber nice post!

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Molotov View Post
    1. I thought Marques Johnson had little chance of making the team. Think again. He has been playing well, and would have broke up that TD pass if Quincy wasn't in his way. Note how close he comes to swatting it away.

2. HooChoo Mama is the real deal at TE. Future pro bowler. Write it down now. Billy, HooChoo and Daniel make the team, with Fendi to the practice squad.
    I think fendi may find his way onto the starting rotation. And as soon as I saw uh ohs name on the draft board for tight ends I wanted him.

Couldn't agree more
    4. Our offense will be above average as long as Steven is on the field, regardless of who the QB is.
    Our offense wasn't on the field at the same time. I can't wait to see when sammy has his "easy button" on the field. Steven may have close to a career high in receptions this year.
    I can't wait to see what selvie can do inpaticular

6. I had high hopes for Chris O, but I think Keith Totson should run with the #2s, if not the #1s, next week. Lets see what he's got.
    7. The win over Cleveland is huge in many ways. On the road, bad weather, play mediocre in many ways, but JUST FIND A WAY TO WIN. This team needs that.
    Yes we do, and we did it without a offense on the field
    Who do u think returns kicks? Danny or gilyard?
    9. Time for the "experts" to stop talking about our horrendous offensive line. This line is solid. It is a MYTH that this OL is a weak link.
    I have to agree and disagree we have potential but they need to play consistantlyand stay healthy
    I've been blowin up madden turnin the rams into the gsot again so hopefully sam does the same. I like our wide reciever corp right now it has great potential. Robinson, gilyard and avery all have big play abilty just to name three.
    11 In 6 years, you'll be talking about Sam, Roger, Jerome, and Michael as the core of an excellent NFL draft.
    I'd like to add selvie, and gilyard to that list please and maybe even fendi when its all said
    and done. Wow now that ya write it down that's what's 7 of our 11 (I think) draft picks that have great potential.
    12 Don't worry about the play calling. Heck, our best player isn't even out there most of the time. Keep the good stuff in the goody bag.
    That's true sjax wasn't out there very long so hopefully play gets even better.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

1. Marquis Johnson did look good. I was very impressed with his tackling, I think he's already better than Quincy Butler and he should push King for a place on the roster.

2. Hoomanawanui showed his good hands. The only two he didn't bring were bad throws by Null. No idea who the odd man out at tightend is.

3. Same as last year, if the offense can stay on the field and get ahead in the game our D could cause some problems.

5. Hall Davis made a case for himself with all the talk of Selvie. Good speed on both his sacks.

7. I think you're right here. It's very important to get into the winning habit, especially to win playing badly. But remember the rams went 3-1 last year in preseason.

Got to agree with all the rest of your points as well. On a side note, Colt McCoy looked quite bad, he never looked like he was going to move the chains. I think he's at least 2 years from being even considered for a starting job.

rob6465 is offline Registered User

I saw the spags style of defense towards the end of the game. I felt like I was watching the Giants vs Tom Brady in the super bowl. Are we going to lose alot of games? Yes, but in the next 2-3 yrs we will have a playoff team with a very good defense. We almost beat Texans and almost beat the Super Bowl Champs last year and i know this year we are better than 2009.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

the first qtr is all that matters to the team as a whole going into the season. I don't know if we won a first qtr in the last 3 yrs. We need another good solid performaqnce next week and I will feeel we got a chance to prove a much better team.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

one thing that may go unmentioned, but certainly not unnoticed, is the way they break the huddle...really like the way they sprint to the line with a sense of urgency.

Milan is offline Registered User

My important observations from game 2:

- This team has no negatives.
    - We're going to the Super Bowl.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    My important observations from game 2:

- This team has no negatives.
    - We're going to the Super Bowl.
    Where did you get that kool-aid?