HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

random draft question.........because I'm bored.

This year Denver has two 1st rounders due to a trade with the Skins.....probably gonna be somewhere in the neighborhood of a #19 and #31. We currently are sitting on the #10 pick. The question is this.....assuming the Broncos are game, would you trade the #10 for the #17 and #30? If so, who you thinkin'?

And don't give me all the too early mumbo jumbo, we're just havin' a little fun here. I mean what else are gonna talk about......our playoff run?

P.S. For the draft value chart nerds out there (myself included), this deal would be about 1400 points to the Rams and 1300 points to the Broncos.....a difference but not outside the realm of fair trade.
    Last edited by HUbison; -11-21-2005 at 09:56 PM.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

rampete is offline Registered User

Re: random draft question.........because I'm bored.

it's too early to be talkin' about playoffs...he he

hey hub, how'd ya come to thinkin' that the rams have the #10 at this juncture?

as for the trade down, it depends on who the rams FO covets...if that covetee is gone by the time we pick and if the player the broncos covets is still available when we pick, then i'd say go for it...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't think we're quite as high as the #10 pick yet, but I don't see a site that has the updated draft order from this weekend. Great Blue North says they'll have one up after the MNF game, but I doubt it's up until tomorrow. I'm working on a Thanksgiving-edition mock draft, so I'll keep an eye out.

As for a trade down, I think it depends on who is on the board still. If we have a shot at either Jimmy Williams (DB, VA Tech) or AJ Hawk (OLB, Ohio State), then we stay put and take whichever is available. Otherwise, I wouldn't be opposed to trading down. There are some corner prospects who could be had later in the first (Tye Hill, Michael Huff) and we could try and address another need with the additional pick we'd acquire.

If we're talking about Denver's two first round picks, and both Williams and Hawk are gone, then I say absolutely trade down. Then you take the best CB prospect on the table as well as the best LB or TE prospect available. Can you imagine trading down and still being able to get someone like Michael Huff and either Leonard Pope or Marcedes Lewis? Talk about a great first round.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Nick, is leonard pope the 6 foot 8 tight end from georgia? If so, he is a mammouth target, pretty good hands as well and a real load to bring down once he catches it.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Yeah, GC. 6'7" and 250 pounds. He's a physical freak of nature, and considered by many fans to be the best tight end in the nation above Lewis. I have heard comparisons to current Pats tight end Ben Watson, who I really wanted the Rams to get, so if we could get Pope that'd be great. I think he'd be a major red zone weapon in this offense.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I say trade down. You give yourself a shot at a great TE and A good LB (I'm screaming for DeMeco Ryans)I still like Butler and Bartell as our starters next season. I also believe that Fisher has not been completely healthy all season. No one gets that bad that quick, I think he'll play better next season. Corey Ivy/Chris Johnson as a DCB/NCB isnt bad either.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Just to update, Great Blue North updated their draft order, and the Rams are currently at #11.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

We'd better off with more picks.

We need to trade down all day long on draft day and get more picks.. We have too many needs.

rampete is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    We'd better off with more picks.

We need to trade down all day long on draft day and get more picks.. We have too many needs.

i like this thinking, but do you think the FO does...?

more players mean more signing bonuses and contract elevator clauses...god forbid the rams reach the playoff incentives...