Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Random Thoughts On The Game/Rams

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Random Thoughts On The Game/Rams

Send SJ elsewhere. Take whatever we can. We're ready to roll with a 1-2 punch of rookie RB's. Plus, when will Quick start or start seeing 30-40 snaps a game? Every time he comes in he seems to run excellent routes and makes catches. Other than the INT, Bradford played pretty damn good.

THE DREAM TEAM

macrammer is offline Registered User

Gosh, I cant seem to call out any one player except the catch by Givens as anything to even take from ths game. A horrid beat down that is hopefully squelched here sooner rather then later. The silver lining for me is no Ram football next week and we get some key folks returning after the bye. Today brought back memories of 2011.

I am going to be bold here and say SJ 39 will not play another down for the Rams as IMO he will be traded before the whiner game.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Plus, when will Quick start or start seeing 30-40 snaps a game? Every time he comes in he seems to run excellent routes and makes catches.
    Every time? Quick was targeted four times today. As I recall...

T1: Dropped on a drag route
    T2: Did nothing to fight for the ball and/or prevent the INT
    T3: Great catch leaping over defender down the left sideline
    T4: Didn't shield defender or come back for ball, result = another INT

The third target was a nice moment, but his drop was bad and he just stood around on the first INT. The throw on the second INT was late but he just kind of stood there at the end of his route, easy to see it was going to be jumped by the defender.

It looked to me like Quick is still very much learning the finer points of the position at the NFL level based on what I watched today. Some would argue that the best way to learn is getting him out there, and maybe that's the case. But we shouldn't kid ourselves into thinking he's not making his share of rookie mistakes as well.
    Rambos likes this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Maybe, but that's not saying much.
    exactly

it was a poor showing all round

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Every time? Quick was targeted four times today. As I recall...

T1: Dropped on a drag route
    T2: Did nothing to fight for the ball and/or prevent the INT
    T3: Great catch leaping over defender down the left sideline
    T4: Didn't shield defender or come back for ball, result = another INT

The third target was a nice moment, but his drop was bad and he just stood around on the first INT. The throw on the second INT was late but he just kind of stood there at the end of his route, easy to see it was going to be jumped by the defender.

It looked to me like Quick is still very much learning the finer points of the position at the NFL level based on what I watched today. Some would argue that the best way to learn is getting him out there, and maybe that's the case. But we shouldn't kid ourselves into thinking he's not making his share of rookie mistakes as well.
    Nick,

Did Quick drop the ball or was it a poor pass from Sam? The announcers intimated that the ball was poorly thrown; but there wasn't a replay of it so I don't know.

Mebbe you were able to evaluate that play more thoroughly.

WHAT SAY YE?

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Nick,

Did Quick drop the ball or was it a poor pass from Sam? The announcers intimated that the ball was poorly thrown; but there wasn't a replay of it so I don't know.

WHAT SAY YE?
    Fair point.

My recollection is that it was not a good pass and was to his back shoulder rather than front shoulder, making it difficult but still catchable. Sam could have helped him out on that one with a more accurate throw, so Sam shoulders some of the responsibility. But so does Quick, because I believe he had his hands on it and couldn't come up with it.

Having said that, my point is simply that I'm not sure this is the day to be talking up Quick since he only caught one of the four balls thrown his way, and one could make an argument that his effort on the other three passes was less than ideal.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

bradwill is offline Registered User

Quick to me looked pretty bad today. Chris Long had an abysmal game for the second week in a row too, but it's tough to single out individuals in a poor effort all-around today, but Quick is kind of concerning. He really looks like the NFL is above his level right now. He's very green at this point and has a lack of awareness on the field as a WR that is troubling.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I agree with Nick that Quick did not give any effort on the Bradford INT and did not seem to be aware he needed to touch down the CB.

As far as a bad day I can't say that, Sims the announcer did say the Bradford did throw his first bad pass of the day behind Quick. On the second INT if that ball would have been thrown on time...in the air as Quick comes out of his break that's an easy TD.

I don't know what it is with the lack of chemistry between Quick and Sam. Sam has thrown some bad passes to Quick and has forced two INT trying to make something happen.

What really gets me is Clemens comes in and hits him on his deepest catch straight away. Clemens also hit him in preseason on the same type of route. Givens and Sam stayed late and worked on their timing now Sam and Quick need to do the same.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Again, one TD from the offense. Yes, two wouldn't have been near enough. The defense didn't do anything today but the offense didn't exactly deliver either. I'll make a prediction if the offense only scores 7 against the *****.

SportsDude is offline Registered User

Steve Smith doesnt produce but he is a valuable presence to our young WR's... dont resign him but we shouldnt cut him

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Also, craig dahl still sucks.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Nick,

WHAT SAY YE?
    It was a bit behind but still hit him in the hands. NFL WRs need to make those catches

Alpha_Male is offline Registered User

The offensive line is horrendous against the blitz. Probably because they have so little time together.

They're halfway decent on normal pass plays but when they rush 5 or more someone is always getting through untouched, that cant happen and it almost got Sam killed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12