Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Randy K. had Armey on the radio

Notes

--He won't come out and tell you what they're going to do, but he'll beat around the bush.

--By the way, Russ Lande of GMjr.com , a former Rams scout, was on today. He has them picking a DE...either Mathias Kiwanuka, Boston College or Kamerion Wimbley, Florida St.

--I was also shocked that Russ thinks Barron is and will be better than D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

--The Rams have been in constant contact with Ben Dogra and Jim Steiner, the St. Louis based agents for Michael Huff. If he's on the board...which is unlikely...he'd probably be their guy.

Rip32 Guest

Re: Randy K. had Armey on the radio

Good info man,thanks!!!

I would be shocked if we picked Wimbley or Kiwanuka

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Randy's comment about Barron and Ferguson is just silly.

Barron has played a season in the NFL and, though he has some areas that need improvement, has demonstrated the ability to play at a high level.

Ferguson is just a prospect.

Barron (6'7, 320) also has better size than Ferguson (6'6, 305).

So why should anyone be shocked that Armey would express a preference for Barron over Ferguson?

LL91BiggestFan Guest

barron doesnt have the killer instinct like ferguson does as well as ferguson has a lower center of gravity

CTRAMFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LL91BiggestFan
    barron doesnt have the killer instinct like ferguson does as well as ferguson has a lower center of gravity
    Good point. AB has kind of a laid back attitude, while Da'Brick is a hunter

general counsel is offline Registered User

Criticims of barrons attitude make no sense. The kid was just fine when he played. What does laid back mean, that he didnt rip someones helmet off? Robert Gallery was supposed to have all the killer instinct in the world, he has not been that impressive was moved to right tackle and not as good as barron. Orlando Pace doesnt have "killer instinct" he is calm as buddha and all he does is kill guys on the field.

People are always taken by the hype of the next great guy. Performance on the field at the nfl level is what counts and no way would i trade barron for ferguson.
    History will show that the barron pick at 19 was a steal.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by LL91BiggestFan
    ferguson has a lower center of gravity
    Explain to me the basis for that statement. Barron is one inch taller, and 15 pounds heavier. How did you determine the center of gravity?

Allow me to answer my own question: you didn't.

Drew4EverRams Guest

damn right barron was a steal,plus hes playing out of his natural position,o.k LT is seen as a harder position to play than RT but LT is barrons natural position so hes not only had to adjust to the nfl from being a rookie but hes also had to adjust to a new position,i know he had some RT experience at auburn but still,hes had to adjust and in time when pace calls it a day weve already got our next LT on our team,lots of teams would kill for that!!!

ok back to barron v ferguson-i like ferguson a lot but hes still only a prospect who could turn out to be a bust,barron might not have made the pro-bowl "popularity over talent" contest,but he proved enough to give me faith in him to be one of the best OT`s over the next 10 years!

we may in time be debating whose the best barron or ferguson like we do between pace and walter jones who knows for sure??
    but at time of writing i`ll take barron

Drew4EverRams Guest

on the point of killer instinct- pace-cold as ice as opposed to turley`s killer instinct!

hmmmm......i wonder which one i prefer!!!

Leics_Ram Guest

Often the ice cool, unflappable guys are even more dangerous - under that cool exterior they're just calculating silent-assassin types who the opposition don't see coming!

They are the guys I want to see playing for the Rams.
    Last edited by Leics_Ram; -04-06-2006 at 11:43 AM.

majorram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Leics_Ram
    Often the ice cool, unflappable guys are even more dangerous - under that cool exterior they're just calculating silent-assassin types who the opposition don't see coming!

They are the guys I want to see playing for the Rams.
    I agree.... didn't Barron come straight in , in that TiTan game( under fire) and right the ship at RT if I'm not mistaken......

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

RamsFan16 Guest

I'd take Lawson over Wimbley and Kiwanuka. But those agentsa re both from St. Louis? Maybe if he is picked they can get him to demand a trade to the Rams

Rampage39 Guest

Nice avatar, RF16.:smoke:

RamsFan16 Guest

Thanks man. I'm finding better ones of him.

MartialRAM Guest

Cool Re: Not just trying to chime in...

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Performance on the field at the nfl level is what counts and no way would i trade barron for ferguson.
    History will show that the barron pick at 19 was a steal.
    When you have a rookie pan caking Mike Strahan...I think we have a steal. RT and LT are solid!:clanram:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast