Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    LA Rammer is online now Registered User

Re: Randy Moss update - Rams pass, Titans get him

Report is that Spags and Childress are good friends and possibly decision was influenced based on their conversation. More to this than we know guys... so chill!

I bet Childress disclosed the real truth about the Randy lockeroom cancer.
    Last edited by LA Rammer; -11-03-2010 at 04:42 PM.

LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    I'm with AV. Moss didn't fit the locker room the Rams have built.

If I'm a meter maid in St. Louis, I'm taking a long breath of fresh air that my life is a little safer.
    But i would of been able to smoke blunts with him when i go to the rams niner game in stl

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I am not so mad about missing on Moss... I am just mad that we continue to refuse to pickup a player that is proven and could take as far. Yes he has some issues, but we won't make it to the playoffs.. I am sick of hearing yeah next year draft blah blah crap... that was last year talk when we were that horrific 1-15 team... Its a different team now, we can make the playoffs NOW! Not next year or in 5 years, but this year. Remember how at the beginning of the season we all pretty much predicted a 3-6 win season...Were already on pace of crushing that. And also, do you remember when we passed on T.O at the beginning of the season? I was saying go get him, but no, because of his recent problems we passed, and he has been nothing but solid for the Bengals this season. We also passed on VJAX, which I didn't really care about but he is a true #1. Way too much of a price though so I understand. And last but not least Randy Moss, a future HOFer. Even if he didn't do good with us, he would attract a lot of attention. I am sure that SJ39, Danny Amendola, and Sam Bradford would LOVE that.
    Wow but you were "just kidding" about hating life. Seems you hate a lot more than just your own life.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Wow but you were "just kidding" about hating life. Seems you hate a lot more than just your own life.
    Yeah your right... Its not like I was just putting my perspective on it or anything...or better yet in the first sentence I didn't say Im not mad...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I am not so mad about missing on Moss... I am just mad that we continue to refuse to pickup a player that is proven and could take as far. Yes he has some issues, but we won't make it to the playoffs.. I am sick of hearing yeah next year draft blah blah crap... that was last year talk when we were that horrific 1-15 team... Its a different team now, we can make the playoffs NOW! Not next year or in 5 years, but this year. Remember how at the beginning of the season we all pretty much predicted a 3-6 win season...Were already on pace of crushing that. And also, do you remember when we passed on T.O at the beginning of the season? I was saying go get him, but no, because of his recent problems we passed, and he has been nothing but solid for the Bengals this season. We also passed on VJAX, which I didn't really care about but he is a true #1. Way too much of a price though so I understand. And last but not least Randy Moss, a future HOFer. Even if he didn't do good with us, he would attract a lot of attention. I am sure that SJ39, Danny Amendola, and Sam Bradford would LOVE that.
    I wonder if Steven Jackson was asked about the Randy Moss availabilty by the coaching staff? The reason I ask this is because Jackson is the ultimate team leader as far as leading by example. He gives 110% whenever he's on the field, injured or not. I don't see how Jackson would want a guy like Moss on his team. A guy that gives the effort when he feels like it.

GO RAMS!!!! MOSSLESS!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I'm giving up a quick response for a long one that fully explains my views and why this makes just as much sense as pulling the trigger on Moss.

At first glance, it's a bit disappointing, because we're way ahead of where we were expected to be, and with Moss, we could potentially seriously compete for a run into the playoffs. It hurts a little to feel like the front office and owner won't do anything to win. But that's only at first glance. And that's a very big POTENTIALLY.

Now, as I look back on it further, it's just as well that we didn't put in the claim. As Shower Beers just said, "because we haven't had success without him?" As I just said, we're very much ahead of where we thought we would be and we've done that WITHOUT Randy Moss. We have a lot of promising young talent at receiver and not having Randy Moss around to potentially ruin their development and our team chemistry(I'd give even odds of that happening as him being a huge success). Sure, it would be nice, and potentially explosive to add Moss, but it could just as easily not work out and send us into a tailspin.

We're trying to build a team up from the bottom and we're only a year and a half into that process. We're NOT one player away from competing for the Super Bowl, though you could say anything could happen in the NFC this year. We have a rookie quarterback who, while seemingly strong willed and a leader already, doesn't need to be polluted by the TO and Moss kind of diva attitude. We have a very young receiver corps who could be helped by Moss if he helped teach them, but what are the chances of that happening?

The more I look at it, the more it makes sense not to pick up Moss, and keep rolling as we have been. We've already exceeded expectations for this year, so anything more will just be gravy. Let's continue to build this team right, with the occasional 4 pillars free agent and mostly from the draft and see how we do next year with a line up of Clayton, Avery and Amendola getting passes from a Sam Bradford who actually had a full offseason. Just thinking of that makes me feel bad for the rest of the NFC West.

We don't need Moss, though it would have been interesting to see. And the compensatory pick in 2012 would have been nice. ;-)
    I believe!

Yeah your right... Its not like I was just putting my perspective on it or anything...or better yet in the first sentence I didn't say Im not mad...
    Actually you said you weren't "so mad" and then stated you were mad.

Dude, I'm not saying you are a reactionary that flies off the handle. I'm saying you are overly reactionary. No I'm just kidding. But really, you are reactionary and this team can't make the playoffs now. Wait, no, they can. Wait what?

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Randy Moss update****

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Danarious Alexander should be available for full service in two weeks i don't know if this affected the decision
    I hope that didn't. If he's getting THAT hurt in practice, he's not the long, medium, or short term solution at that position.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    oh well he was their for the taking, i guess i will take my mindset out of playoffs and back to rebuild mode. heck what was i thinking!
    Julio Jones in the first round! Maybe! If we start losing a lot!

Woooo!

/The plan is stupid and hamstringing the franchise.

LA Rammer is online now Registered User

we need to open a poll in the nfl section that says whether the titans will regret that decision.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I guess I will finish off with this... We have a horrific road record and our 4 yard slants aren't going to work forever..Don't get me wrong, I do believe we can make the playoffs if we adjust the way we play..(wanna give Sam the opportunity to air one out soon?)

Can we get another thread or two about how if the Rams don't win a certain number of games over the next 8 weeks, how they hate to say it but it's an indictment on the front office and the coaching staff? That would be more awesomeness.

Hey look outside, the sky just fell.

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Yes indeed they do......don't need any distractions for this young focused group of players.

GO RAMS!!!!
    If they're focused, why do they keep collapsing in the second half?

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Rams better know something we dont
    I think your comment shows that almost everyone knows something you don't. Tennessee was the ONLY team to put in a claim.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Bottom Line Randy wants to get PAID!!! As far as WRs go, Randy is KING! When the King doesn't gets his Ramsom, he bcomes fiesty and a disruptive force, which is what Randy Moss has become. How dare the Patriots disrespect Da King by giving Brady (coming off a year off from injury, mind you!) a Kings Ramsom. Shame on the Vikings for dishing out that mediorcre Spread in the presense of Da King. As for the Rams.....DA King is Dead......Long Live DA KING!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast