Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    swatter555 is offline Registered User

Re: Randy Moss update - Rams pass, Titans get him

We have four active WRs, two of which are banged up (all of which are "fair" WRs at best), and we pass up Randy Moss? Thats crazy.

Is our locker room truly that fragile? If a strong personality walks in, it will harm the team? I think that says more negative than it says positive. That means our options in the FA market and the draft are limited to visible saints.

We had a chance to boost the talent on the team, tipping the balance towards possibly making a playoff run, and we passed it up. There are going to be days in the second half of the season where our opponents are going to clog the running lanes and shut down the screen pass game; we will lose those games. After Jackson and screens, we have very little left. I think this action is going to piss Rams fans off for the rest of the season, especially as we lose games due to the extremely thin nature of our WR depth.

After this latest incident, I am left wondering if the Rams FO will do anything about our WR corps in the off-season. They are probably going to gamble again on Avery and assume Clayton will be the go-to guy. We could very well end up in the situation next year.

One last thing: There are those around here that justify the conservative nature of the FO with the statements "the Rams are rebuilding" and "the Rams are getting better and doing it the right way."

The thing is, when you see a chance to make a run for the playoff, you make it. There is a certain spark with the team this year that might not be there next year. The Rams made a case for a possible playoff run the first half of the season, with only 2/3 of an offensive on the field. Next year it is possible we might not do as well with more talent. When you see that spark, you just dont sit on it until next year. Maybe we do improve and the spark remains, but there is no gaurantee.
    Last edited by swatter555; -11-03-2010 at 05:15 PM.

TekeRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I guess I will finish off with this... We have a horrific road record and our 4 yard slants aren't going to work forever..Don't get me wrong, I do believe we can make the playoffs if we adjust the way we play..(wanna give Sam the opportunity to air one out soon?)
    Funny, I wasn't aware that the Alexander TD pass was a 4 yard slant... wow, I really must have missed something!
    I believe!

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Funny, I wasn't aware that the Alexander TD pass was a 4 yard slant... wow, I really must have missed something!
    If we are banking on Alexander the front office and coaching staff is officially insane.

TekeRam is online now Registered User

I'm not saying that we bank on Alexander at all... I'm just pointing out that we don't just throw 4 yard passes. In my opinion, Alexander will be lucky to spend 4 of the final 8 games on the field.
    I believe!

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Am I confused about some thing here. Are we writting off the season over a wr we didnt have in the first place. He didnt improve the patriots win loss record, they lost more games with him on the team. He didnt help the Vikings win more games, they lost more with him on the team. So why, when we were winning without him, are we finnised for the rest of the season.
    Last edited by lordwhttgr; -11-03-2010 at 06:01 PM.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    Am I confused about some thing here. Are we writting off the season over a wr we dint have in the first place. He dint improve the patriots win loss record, they lost more games with him on the team. He didnt help the Vikings win more games, they lost more with him on the team. So why, when we were winning without him, are we finnised for the rest of the season.
    But...but...we need him. OUR FRONT OFFICE IS STOOPID!!!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Am I confused about some thing here. Are we writting off the season over a wr we dint have in the first place. He dint improve the patriots win loss record, they lost more games with him on the team. He didnt help the Vikings win more games, they lost more with him on the team. So why, when we were winning without him, are we finnised for the rest of the season.
    Opinions mortgaged on getting Randy Moss?

Because the schedules about to get a lot tougher and the Rams have one of the worst wideout corps in the league. That is not a recipe for continued improvement of the won-loss record.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Because the schedules about to get a lot tougher and the Rams have one of the worst wideout corps in the league. That is not a recipe for continued improvement of the won-loss record.
    Maybe Spags and the team might surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Maybe Spags and the team might surprise you.
    By overriding Shurmur in the huddle?

Nah, you have to have bad character to do that.

richtree is offline Registered User

That's 3 Million more we have for free agency !!!! WE better make a splash this off-season, that's all I am saying..

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    By overriding Shurmur in the huddle?

Nah, you have to have bad character to do that.
    Is that a zero faith vote for Spags and the team?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Yeah Bradford threw 1 pass that was 38 yards to Alexander. The next biggest from my memory was a 33 yard pass to Clayton and another one to Gibson and other than that? How many deep balls has he thrown? Why do you think his YPA is incredibly low? I don't mind Moss that much, just darn, send someone deep and take a shot. Our little dink and dunk crap didn't work against the buccaneers when they made the right adjustments. Look at all the great QB's in the league. They all attempt a lot more long passes than Bradford and there YPA's are all higher.

Don't mean to be a debbie downer right now....Guess we will have to work with Gibson, Robinson(Garbage), Gilyard(So far garbage), Amendola and the injured Alexander...whom were forcing to play when we know he shouldn't be playing this year.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Time will tell, the Titans where the only team to take a shot at him, lets wait and see what he does for them. Fisher is a great head coach, I'm sure if Moss hurts them he would have done the same to us.

Right now its all about Gibby!! 11

Ramone is offline Registered User

Drew Bennett had no character issues, misbehaviors or scandals and what we got out of him? Oh, right, poor fellow was horribly, horribly injured. I think that we’re paying too much attention on 'issues'. Maybe we could try him for the rest of the season and try to grab that unexpected play-off birth, especially because on WR position we're very thin (still, I can see our receivers, unbennettlike, give all what they have and that's for respect). However, it's all over now and we'll still play without deep threat, but after three years of humiliations, when I see we're 4-4, I am all in smile. I lived all these years without Moss in gold and blue, I believe I'll survive somehow the rest of my days without him. At least; no more Bennett.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast