Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    RebelYell is offline Registered User

Re: Randy Moss update - Rams pass, Titans get him

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Because the schedules about to get a lot tougher and the Rams have one of the worst wideout corps in the league. That is not a recipe for continued improvement of the won-loss record.
    What if a guy like Steven Jackson, Bradford, JLAU or OJ said they didn't want to see Moss on this team? Is that still improving this team by adding him anyway?

Wait I forget, you still think Moss will get faster on St. Louis turf over Minnesota and New England grass.

Oh and last week the Rams had multiple pass attempts over 10 yards in length.
    Last edited by RebelYell; -11-03-2010 at 05:33 PM.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Is that a zero faith vote for Spags and the team?
    Mike, there is ZERO point in trying to deal logically with this poster. Stone cold set in their ways, Rams are mediocre, blah, blah, blah ...

Gosh our front office sucks, what's wrong with them? I mean look at all the other front offices that put a claim in on Moss ....

All ONE of them!

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Is that a zero faith vote for Spags and the team?
    That's a limited faith vote. Maybe Bradford will develop a sufficient arrogant streak to challenge Shurmur.

Pointed questions need to be asked to the key figures in Team Devaney at the end of the season about when they expect "next year" to arrive as well as a general reminder that 1) you don't get a five year plan in the NFL and 2) while the Patriots and Steelers are built "the right way" both teams have their fair share of pieces of work personality-wise. If they haven't put a team in the playoffs by 2011, somebody else deserves a chance.

Indeed, "The Patriot Way" is predicated on just getting into the playoffs and seeing where the chips fall.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

As I said when the news first broke that he was going to be waived, I wasn't going to lose sleep either way. He has justifiable pros and cons for either decision, and the Rams decided not to bring him in. They're 4-4 without him, so unlike some others, I don't think not getting him marks the end of Rams football as we know it. That said, I hope they plan to examine this unit and give strong consideration to better options and upgrades this offseason.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

A number of these people have nothing but contempt for anyone that disagrees with them, I'm not really sure why people still respond to them.

Edit for clarity: I'm not attempting to insult anyone, just making an observation based on how a slim few people respond to posts that disagree with them and the general tone of their posts in response to said disagreements.

Kind of wanted Moss, kind of didn't. Not upset.
    Last edited by BrokenWing; -11-03-2010 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Mike, there is ZERO point in trying to deal logically with this poster. Stone cold set in their ways, Rams are mediocre, blah, blah, blah ...

Gosh our front office sucks, what's wrong with them? I mean look at all the other front offices that put a claim in on Moss ....

All ONE of them!
    Just because I advocate a position that calls for the likely termination of your best friend and contact in Rams Park (whoever they are) does not mean I am beyond reason.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Keep it civil and free of personal shots/attacks, or it gets deleted.

This is the only warning I'm going to hand out here.

Just because I advocate a position that calls for the likely termination of your best friend and contact in Rams Park (whoever they are) does not mean I am beyond reason.
    You cannot even logically defend yourself ...

You've had the same gloom and doom attitude for years, you will always have it. This team will never be good enough for you ...

Case in point, in this thread, you point out how the Rams ALWAYS collapse in the 2nd half, yet we just played a game where we didn't ....

As mentioned, you've yet to respond to my destruction of your assertion that the Eagles have always have superios #1 and #2 WR talent ...
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -11-03-2010 at 05:41 PM.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

That's a limited faith vote. Maybe Bradford will develop a sufficient arrogant streak to challenge Shurmur.
    I don't want a QB who is going to clash with coaches and "challenge" them over the correct play call. Give him discretion to call an audible...oh yea, he has that. However, you don't want your QB just saying "I don't care what you call, it's my gameplan"

Deleting this. Just making sure I am not getting in trouble, but I don't think it wasn't civil

JustinHasAnAxe is offline Registered User

A tough decision for our front office to be sure. Devany was just on 101ESPN here in St. Louis and was tight lipped when asked why he didnt put in a claim on Moss, i'm assuming he didnt want to say anything bad about him as a person. BUT when asked about the positives Moss would bring he said "He can still get deep".... and that was it.

I will say this. Billicheck seemed to be worried about him when the Pats played the Vikings last week. Bracket coverage for Moss all day.

Also let me say this. I am worried about the health of our WRs. I would have been ok with picking up Moss if only for the reason we could use a healthy body out there. Stretching the defense is just icing.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Moss still has talent, unfortunately for him there comes a point in the NFL where teams no longer care about your talent because you become such a huge headache.

I think that that is now happening to Moss. I suspect if he gets kicked from Tenn. his career is essentially over.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Pointed questions need to be asked to the key figures in Team Devaney at the end of the season about when they expect "next year" to arrive as well as a general reminder that 1) you don't get a five year plan in the NFL and 2) while the Patriots and Steelers are built "the right way" both teams have their fair share of pieces of work personality-wise. If they haven't put a team in the playoffs by 2011, somebody else deserves a chance.

Indeed, "The Patriot Way" is predicated on just getting into the playoffs and seeing where the chips fall.
    Last year the Rams were 1-15, already at the halfway point this year they're 4-4. So far, with 8 games still to be played, I'd say the Team Devaney plan is looking pretty good.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -11-03-2010 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post

As mentioned, you've yet to respond to my destruction of your assertion that the Eagles have always have superios #1 and #2 WR talent ...
    I did. All of them sounded plenty superior than what we have. If we are incapable of going anywhere remotely deep more than once or twice a game because of the wideouts we have, this is not evidence of superior #1 and #2 talent.

And you're right, the Rams didn't completely collapse last week. Against a 1 win team. Mostly because the Ram defenders remembered that they can catch off target throws for a change.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHasAnAxe View Post
    "He can still get deep"
    That's what she said.

In all seriousness, yes we don't just run 4 yard slants. We also run 1 yard dump passes and 2-3 yard underneath passes. This type of short, quick, somewhat efficient passing is good to set up a tempo, a rhythm, but we can't rely solely on this type of passing attack.

Mark Clayton had a few deep catches, which helped stretch the field. Now he's gone. As of right now, we really have no player that can go deep. Laurent Robinson's supposedly fast 40 time is not being noticed, maybe due to injuries or due to just mediocracy, and Gibson, Gilyard and Amendola aren't the fastest players.

I'm not saying we should have went and got Moss. I'm saying that we need to do what it takes to upgrade our passing attack and help Bradford out. I don't want to see his progress stall by having inefficient WRs not help him out, resorting him to either just check down, get sacked, or rushed out of the pocket to throw the ball away. I want him to have a consistent and reliable target that is a big threat so he can let the play develop and hit that guy for a good gain. This can only benefit him.

If Devaney and Spags felt like Moss wasn't the right guy for the job, so be it. But, we still have a huge hole at WR, and even with Avery and Clayton coming back next year, something has to be done about our #1 WR situation.

Moss or not, our WR corps is lacking.

I did. All of them sounded plenty superior than what we have. If we are incapable of going anywhere remotely deep more than once or twice a game because of the wideouts we have, this is not evidence of superior #1 and #2 talent.

And you're right, the Rams didn't completely collapse last week. Against a 1 win team. Mostly because the Ram defenders remembered that they can catch off target throws for a change.
    Wow, this is funny ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast