Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    berg8309 is offline Registered User

Re: Randy Moss update - Rams pass, Titans get him

My question for the general base who never believe in the front office, what will it take to make you believe?

People wanted Westbrook, because we needed a 2nd string RB or the season was over before it began. Then we were idiots for not getting Housh, the season was once again over. We got Clayton, idiotic move when Housh was there, season over. We needed Jackson or kiss the season goodbye. We did everything we shouldn't have according to the pessimistic ones, and yet we sit at 4-4 with a chance at the division title.

Haven't the Rams earned enough respect with their record to not get blasted for passing on a guy? They have a plan, they stuck to it, it has worked so far, but it still isn't good enough for some. I just don't understand that mentality. If you have a plan, you don't just throw it out the first chance you get.

Ok, so maybe Moss would have helped this year, then what? Then we get a lower draft pick, miss out on the good WRs in the draft, and hear endless complaining about the need for a #1 WR again?

I just don't understand what I am missing here. We have a plan, we stuck to the plan so far, it has worked so far, but then we are idiots if we don't fool-heartily dump it every time a problem player with talent is available. Just makes no sense to me.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    My question for the general base who never believe in the front office, what will it take to make you believe?
    1) A division title or playoffs in general

2) Flexibility to adapt THE PLAN when opportunities arise or misfortune strikes.

3) Learning from your mistakes.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

I think Rockin Ram is right, we absolutely need a #1 WR...or at least a serious upgrade..but I just don't see one out there until the draft.

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

I find it amusing to read all this...I really do. Now it's about "making a run for the playoffs" etc. etc..... This team is still growing, and I for one am glad to see them continuing to grow. Moss may or may have not been able to make a difference for us, but the front office obviously decided that the chances aren't worth it. He may or may not have been a disruption, but as of now we DO NOT have a disruption. By the way, we're 4-4, so for some amusement go back and read the "Will we win 3 games this season" thread and have a look at some of the familiar faces posting there (and some others that have completely vanished). Good times.... GO RAMS!!
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    1) A division title or playoffs in general

2) Flexibility to adapt THE PLAN when opportunities arise or misfortune strikes.

3) Learning from your mistakes.
    But progressing from a 1 win season to 4 wins halfway through isn't enough for you to give them credit? They have to have also made the moves you wanted them to make? If we picked up the players you wanted and were still at 4-4, would you give them credit then?

Teams don't normally go from 1-15 to playoffs in one season, so I don't see why the front office isn't afforded some credibility when it is clear they have improved the team substantially in one off-season, even if it doesn't get us to the playoffs. I mean, we were the worst team in the league last year, they are outrageously better.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    I think Rockin Ram is right, we absolutely need a #1 WR...or at least a serious upgrade..but I just don't see one out there until the draft.
    Ultimately, our long-term WR is most likely going to be found in this year's draft. I just hope we pick the right WR.

There are 4 top WRs coming out this year, and I believe one of them will truly be a phenomenal WR in this league. We need to pick the right one.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Rick Venturi was on 101.1. He made some really good points and so did Randy K. Moss had all the talent in the world 5 years ago but he's ending his career. You have an unmotivated guy, giving uninspired effort who was traded or released by 2 teams already this season. What makes anyone think he can turn on a switch because he's on a 4-4 team when the Patriots are a better team? Have the Patriots fallen apart since Moss left? Nope, they haven't lost a game since. Heck, they just BEAT Moss who was limited to one catch.

Fans have the tendency to look at a guy and remember him in his prime. Moss is FAR from his prime. Most likely, he'll sign an incentive based contract after this season or retire. He's at that point in his career.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

PeoriaRam said something like building the team "The Patriot way"...... Did you forget the Patriots traded Randy Moss?

Bosna-Ram is offline Registered User

I just think that Rams are not baby sitters, we need players that are mature, competitive and respectful. I wanted Moss as much as everyone but more I think about it, I am glad we didn't pick him up. It would go against everything that this team stands for. There were 21 other teams that felt same way. We have rest of this year and whole off season to find compatible receiver for Bradford and the company.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    But progressing from a 1 win season to 4 wins halfway through isn't enough for you to give them credit? They have to have also made the moves you wanted them to make? If we picked up the players you wanted and were still at 4-4, would you give them credit then?

Teams don't normally go from 1-15 to playoffs in one season, so I don't see why the front office isn't afforded some credibility when it is clear they have improved the team substantially in one off-season, even if it doesn't get us to the playoffs. I mean, we were the worst team in the league last year, they are outrageously better.
    But how much of the improvement record wise can simply come back to "We added a franchise quarterback"? I'd suggest a lot.

The Rams are 4-4 against one of the weakest schedules thus far in the NFL. If they're 8-8 at the end of the year when the difficulty is ramped up, maybe credit is due. If they peter out to 5-11 or 6-10 we need to ask ourselves if this was 2006 all over again.

lovetheramsnomatterw is offline Registered User

Disappointing but they know what is good for the team. They passed on Moss for a reason and I have to believe they made the right choice.

ramhard is offline Registered User

Titans only team to put in claim

Didn't know if posted but for all those complaining - the Titans were the ONLY team to put in a claim for Moss - so right or wrong not a huge demand for him. PLUS, Moss's agent put out the word that if Moss wasn't picked up by a team to his liking he'd sit out the rest of the season.
    Last edited by ramhard; -11-03-2010 at 06:49 PM.

But how much of the improvement record wise can simply come back to "We added a franchise quarterback"? I'd suggest a lot.

The Rams are 4-4 against one of the weakest schedules thus far in the NFL. If they're 8-8 at the end of the year when the difficulty is ramped up, maybe credit is due. If they peter out to 5-11 or 6-10 we need to ask ourselves if this was 2006 all over again.
    but the front office isn't given credit for adding Bradford? What if they had picked Clausen? It wasn't necessarily a no-brainer, although the front office says otherwise. They were still the ones that made that call. I'm not saying you have to celebrate and be happy, but I ask only to give credit where credit is due. I basically took that as you saying "The front office doesn't deserve credit for selecting Bradford"

I also doubt it is 2006 all over again, this is a team with more young talent that is developing, instead of aging talent that was getting ready to move on.

1980RAMS is offline Registered User

This is very demoralizing....MOSS DEMANDS A DOUBLE TEAM....does anybody know how that would have opened up are run game for Jackson. What WR do we have that is going to make a impact. DANNY? ROBINSON? WHO?????

I guess some Ram fans are so happy that we have won more than 1 game...this is such a improvement who cares where we go from here...

This was a legit chance to have a threat at WR. We passed on it. I hope its the right move.

I feel like this could have put us where we needed to be and we could have made the playoffs....

GO RAMS

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

An your arguments get weaker and weaker ...

You seriously cannot tell the difference between this team and 2006? You actually paralleled them as an argument. Really?

Simply suggestting that the addition of the franchise QB is the difference is absurd. Sam has been good, but he's a game manager right now, not a huge difference maker ...

What about the great defensive play? Or the LT they stole in round 2? Or guys the front office has added out of obscurity such as Amendola, Gibson, Cudjo, Selvie?

You can say you'll give credit when they are 8-8 but how many games did you think they'd win this year? I am certain we've already surpassed that ...

Being wrong is not a crime ....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast