Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    berg8309 is offline Registered User

Re: Randy Moss update - Rams pass, Titans get him

Quote Originally Posted by 1980RAMS View Post
    This is very demoralizing....MOSS DEMANDS A DOUBLE TEAM....does anybody know how that would have opened up are run game for Jackson. What WR do we have that is going to make a impact. DANNY? ROBINSON? WHO?????

I guess some Ram fans are so happy that we have won more than 1 game...this is such a improvement who cares where we go from here...
    Please quote me one person who says "Our team is A-ok perfect as is" or thinks we don't need improvement.

You are putting words in people's mouths. The anti-Moss people said "He will have a negative impact here, he will hurt our future" we did not say "This team is 100% perfect with no faults and our WR corp is awesome".

Of course we all want improvement, but when building a house not every nail is the right nail. You have to choose the right parts or the house will fall down. We merely thought Moss wouldn't help us build that house, and it appears as though Spags and Devaney agree.

Moss would have been nothing more than a patch. He would have improved our chances at the playoffs, but not guarantee we made it. Even if we did make it, we would not have won the Superbowl. Sorry, but it is true. This team needs work, but Moss was not and never will be the answer. However, saying we don't need Moss is not the same as saying the team doesn't need upgrades.

One last thing, Moss would only (potentialy) help this year. So when talking about long term plans to win a Superbowl, I don't see how Moss helps in the very least, so what exactly did we lose by not getting him?

RebelYell is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    But how much of the improvement record wise can simply come back to "We added a franchise quarterback"? I'd suggest a lot.

The Rams are 4-4 against one of the weakest schedules thus far in the NFL. If they're 8-8 at the end of the year when the difficulty is ramped up, maybe credit is due. If they peter out to 5-11 or 6-10 we need to ask ourselves if this was 2006 all over again.
    How many boards do you troll with your constant negativity?

Are you one of those people who is negative all the time because you think it makes you sound more intelligent? (ie Slayton)

The team has won 3 games in the last 2 years and now they have won 4 this first half and you can't bring yourself to see a potential positive. It's still a possibility of credit being offered down the line. That's sad.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    but the front office isn't given credit for adding Bradford? What if they had picked Clausen? It wasn't necessarily a no-brainer, although the front office says otherwise. They were still the ones that made that call. I'm not saying you have to celebrate and be happy, but I ask only to give credit where credit is due. I basically took that as you saying "The front office doesn't deserve credit for selecting Bradford"
    You don't get a lot of credit for doing something a lot of NFL GMs would have done. And no, not a lot of them would have thought of Clausen either.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    How many boards do you troll with your constant negativity?

Are you one of those people who is negative all the time because you think it makes you sound more intelligent? (ie Slayton)

The team has won 3 games in the last 2 years and now they have won 4 this first half and you can't bring yourself to see a potential positive. It's still a possibility of credit being offered down the line. That's sad.
    I just don't like "be glad with what you have" since it leads to complacency and diminishes the drive to improve. I am happy they have 4 wins yes? Am I happy enough to ignore that they could easily have had 5 or 6 wins at this point? No.

You don't get a lot of credit for doing something a lot of NFL GMs would have done. And no, not a lot of them would have thought of Clausen either.
    But with Suh we would be where? They still had decisions to make, and those decisions have helped us improve a lot. You seem to have incredibly high standards for what a front office must do to not be incompetent, and refuse to give them credit for making decisions that improve the team, or say they don't get credit for them if another GM would have done it. Those standards aren't consistent. If it improves the team, they get credit...unless the GM of the Dolphins said "i'd do it too" then they don't get credit because someone else would have done it too? I don't get it, help me here.

supachump is online now Registered User

Re: Randy Moss update****

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Danarious Alexander should be available for full service in two weeks i don't know if this affected the decision
    seriously? Alexander is a walking timebomb. I'd be surprised if he ever makes it through a full season. I hope so, but realistically? Doubt it.

RebelYell is online now Registered User

I just don't like "be glad with what you have" since it leads to complacency and diminishes the drive to improve. I am happy they have 4 wins yes? Am I happy enough to ignore that they could easily have had 5 or 6 wins at this point? No.
    You obviously don't have a comprehension or grasp of reality. Your happiness doesn't have an impact on whether someone else is complacent or how hard they are willing to work. Do you think your happiness is a determining factor for anyone in this world whether they will work an extra hour at their job tonight? Oh wait now I see, you think the world revolves around you so if you aren't happy, why shouldn't anyone be happy? Right?

Seriously, you may want to take a LONG HARD look at how sad your life is if your own happiness means someone else isn't doing enough for you. That's seriously beyond sad.

Also that crappy mentality of yours is a desperate attempt to appear smart. If the Rams win a Superbowl you aren't happy. If they don't win every game the next year you've got complaining to do. If they win 3 Superbowls in a row, why didn't they win the 4th or 5th? You've always got your negativity and complaining to show how wrong everyone else is. It's unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    You obviously don't have a comprehension or grasp of reality. Your happiness doesn't have an impact on whether someone else is complacent or how hard they are willing to work. Do you think your happiness is a determining factor for anyone in this world whether they will work an extra hour at their job tonight? Oh wait now I see, you think the world revolves around you so if you aren't happy, why shouldn't anyone be happy? Right?

Seriously, you may want to take a LONG HARD look at how sad your life is if your own happiness means someone else isn't doing enough for you. That's seriously beyond sad.

Also that crappy mentality of yours is a desperate attempt to appear smart. If the Rams win a Superbowl you aren't happy. If they don't win every game the next year you've got complaining to do. If they win 3 Superbowls in a row, why didn't they win the 4th or 5th? You've always got your negativity and complaining to show how wrong everyone else is. It's unhealthy.
    That's an interesting stance for you to take, since Bradford seems to be more on my side of the fence. And believe it or not, I can be satisfied with a loss if the entire organization did everything it could to win. If I don't see them doing everything they can, then I reserve the right to be critical. And not be denounced for not being a Pollyanna.

That's an interesting stance for you to take, since Bradford seems to be more on my side of the fence. And believe it or not, I can be satisfied with a loss if the entire organization did everything it could to win. If I don't see them doing everything they can, then I reserve the right to be critical. And not be denounced for not being a Pollyanna.
    This is one area we differ. I don't see getting Moss as doing everything they can to win, I see not getting him as doing what we can to win. I would have seen getting him as doing everything we can to ensure chaos and losing. Agree to disagree on that

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Randy Moss update****

It was reported that Moss would sit out the season if a team took him that he didn't wish to play for...perhaps that was the case between him and the Rams...

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolRamFan View Post
    ...and before everyone gets TOO excited. It's very possible that they talked to...or TRIED to talk to him and got nothing. If that's the case then so be it...we are on a path and let's stick to it!!! Go RAMS!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

101 ESPN/Post: Devaney talks about not claiming Moss

So I am breaking one of our most sacred rules, but this is straight from the horses mouth.

Billy doesn't divulge much, and it gets a little chippy, but I can rest assured knowing they lost more sleep about deciding whether to get Randy Moss than I or anyone else on this board did.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    101 ESPN/Post: Devaney talks about not claiming Moss

So I am breaking one of our most sacred rules, but this is straight from the horses mouth.

Billy doesn't divulge much, and it gets a little chippy, but I can rest assured knowing they lost more sleep about deciding whether to get Randy Moss than I or anyone else on this board did.
    Well, I too feel a little better about the decision.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Comparing your line of thought to Bradford's makes me want to vomit ...

Bradford is not complacent with his performance and he openly discusses that. You don't see him bashing the front office, coaching staff, and wide receivers, etc ...

Sam is quick to note that everyone is giving their all and busting tail ...

Sam works hard everyday and has earned the right to be critical should he choose ...

You give credit to no one, and what exactly have you one? I wonder when you last attended a Ram game, if ever ....

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Okay guys, let's try to keep things relatively civil.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    I think I am kinda glad. We have a young team. I don't think that a receiver who has ALWAYS had a superstar attitude would be a good fit here.
    Ditto, good summary (even about me being kind of glad). Let's clean that moss from the roof. Thanks 01.

Rams WRs, TEs, and RBs: front and center!

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Last edited by RealRam; -11-03-2010 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Image

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast