AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Ranking the Rams' Performances (Jekyll and Hyde)

1. Rams 38 Colts 8 (Week 10)
    Rams dominate in all aspects of the game and rout a playoff team on the road. Andrew Luck would love to forget this one.

Rams 27 Saints 16 (Week 15)

The Saints were in a heated playoff race, while the Rams were mathematically eliminated. Nonetheless, the Rams came out and dominated.

Rams 27 Cardinals (Week 1)

In light ofhow well the Cardinals have played since, this win seems more impressive. Rams came back from 24-13 deficit to win on Zuerlein FG.

Rams 42 Bears 21 (Week 12)

Great day running the ball and big plays by defense made poor day by defensive backfield irrelevant. Another win over a potential playoff team.

Rams 38 Texans 13 (Week 6)

Though the Texans have proven to be a very bad team, any road win by 25 points is impressive.

Rams 34 Jaguars 20 (Week 5)

Game was closer than expected, but the Rams put in a workman-like effort to please the ClanRam Bash crowd.

7. Seahawks 14 Rams 9 (Week 8)
    In the first game after Sam Bradford’s injury, the Rams came within a fluke TD and a stall in the Red Zone from beating the top team in the NFC.

Panthers 30 Rams 15 (Week 7)

The headline for the game was Bradford’s injury, but the Rams were a few key mistakes from giving the Panthers a run for their money in Carolina.

Titans 28 Rams 21 (Week 9)

The Rams should have won this game, and were close in the end. Bradford was really missed in this one.

Falcons 31 Rams 24 (Week 2)

Before the Falcons lost Julio Jones for the year and began their decline, the Rams gave this one away with early mistakes.

Niners 23 Rams 13 (Week 13)

The score was closer than the game. The Niners controlled throughout.

Cardinals 30 Rams 10 (Week 14)

The Rams barely showed up for this one.

Niners 35 Rams 11 (Week 4)

The Rams didn’t show up for this one.

Cowboys 31 Rams 7 (Week 3)

Downright embarrassing.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -12-16-2013 at 01:49 PM.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Re: Ranking the Rams' Performances (Jekyll and Hyde)

Good analysis. I agree with each game synopsis, except #11. I didn't think the Niners controlled throughout, I think we put up a good battle in a chippy game and were beginning to impose our will on their lines until the game got away from us. Perhaps this game more than any of the others, penalties killed us.

Another thought to consider, each win except for the Jags we led from start to finish. We are built to win with a lead. Something I hope we address during the off season is a come-from-behind strategy. I'm not sure if that is a depth issue on the O-Line or better receivers, but we need to get there if we want to win in the playoffs.

Go Rams!

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    Another thought to consider, each win except for the Jags we led from start to finish. We are built to win with a lead. Something I hope we address during the off season is a come-from-behind strategy. I'm not sure if that is a depth issue on the O-Line or better receivers, but we need to get there if we want to win in the playoffs.
    Arizona (Week 1) too.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

6. Rams 34 Jaguars 20 (Week 5)
    Game was closer than expected, but the Rams put in a workman-like effort to please the ClanRam Bash crowd.

7. Seahawks 14 Rams 9 (Week 8)
    In the first game after Sam Bradford’s injury, the Rams came within a fluke TD and a stall in the Red Zone from beating the top team in the NFC
    The ugliest win is better than the prettiest loss, but I think the team played better in the Hawks game than the Jags game. Or at least the defense did.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    The ugliest win is better than the prettiest loss, but I think the team played better in the Hawks game than the Jags game. Or at least the defense did.
    Yeah... I'd put that loss in the Jekyll column, with the other seven in the Hyde column.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

What we are lacking here is consistency. If Bradford hadn't been knocked out for the season I believe we would have seen improvement in the win/loss column this season vs last season. With that said and a healthy Bradford combined with some real nice draft picks, 2014 should be very interesting. Afterall it will be year 3 with Fisher at the helm.

Trevor is offline Registered User

The Rams have shown the ability to come from behind. Sam Bradford comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    You bring up a good point. I'm sensing from this year that if we don't bring our A-game, we're not winning. Great teams will find a way to win, and with Fisher at the helm, I am confident it will happen. We just need to be patient. The maturity I'm seeing from so many of our young players....we're going to be one hell of a good team very soon.

Go Rams!

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Arizona (Week 1) too.
    You're right, my oversight. Although we did have the lead at one point in that game.

Go Rams!