Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lesson is offline Registered User

Which RB do you keep? Darby or Toston?

Assuming the Rams get a RB from the draft, which RB do you think should be with the Rams next season?

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: Which RB do you keep? Darby or Toston?

I think it has to be Darby right now, as he has done the most when needed. He was a big part in that Redskins game earlier this year. Of course who knows, what if Toston looks good in the Sunday night game, or even better he breaks off a few good runs in the possible upcoming playoff game?

But as of today, I would keep Darby.

Lesson is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    I think it has to be Darby right now, as he has done the most when needed. He was a big part in that Redskins game earlier this year. Of course who knows, what if Toston looks good in the Sunday night game, or even better he breaks off a few good runs in the possible upcoming playoff game?

But as of today, I would keep Darby.
    Toston's showed potential. I really want to see him get more chances Sunday.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Wish I could choose. This offense have given both of them basically no opportunities what so ever. Both looked pretty good when they got their 3 or 4 carries all season (sarcasm). I'd love to see more of them although its hard with Steven back there.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

We have a running back not named Steven? Are you sure such a thing exist?

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Darby I guess, We definitely should upgrade at 2RB position via free agency if we can?

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Remember rehasing this topic last ear when we had Ogbonnaya and Darby. Hard to really know how bad you need another runningback when the guys you have never really get the chance.

Are they not getting carries because they haven't really earned it or because of Steven not relinquishing carries

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Not sure myself, neither are going to be special. Ogbonnaya was someone I had high hopes for, because of some of the things Id heard about him in practice. Possibly as high as the second round,I believe the Rams could draft a much needed RB, one that adds a little more explosion on offense.
    WE must draft someone exciting this year at RB. Preferably the heir to Jackson at starting RB. Someone who can take it the distance on every play kind of speed. Does anyone spring to mind in next years draft.
    GO RAMS, LETS GET THEM SEAHAWKS.
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -12-30-2010 at 01:29 PM.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Remember rehasing this topic last ear when we had Ogbonnaya and Darby. Hard to really know how bad you need another runningback when the guys you have never really get the chance.

Are they not getting carries because they haven't really earned it or because of Steven not relinquishing carries
    Im pretty sure its because Steven doesnt want to give in. Darby has done at least decent when he was in there. But I think Steven does a good enough job by himself.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I say neither.....bring in 2 new rb's!

GO RAMS!

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I will be surprised if either Darby or Toston are on the final 53 after training camp in 2011 .. If there is a training camp that is ... Not trying to bash either guy, but I do believe that finding upgrades over both guys is more than likely. I'd guess a free agent and a draft pick - and not a 7th rounder either.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    I will be surprised if either Darby or Toston are on the final 53 after training camp in 2011 .. If there is a training camp that is ... Not trying to bash either guy, but I do believe that finding upgrades over both guys is more than likely. I'd guess a free agent and a draft pick - and not a 7th rounder either.
    But why? Darby is a prototypical 3rd down back. He is quick and shifty, catches the ball well, is an excellent blocker, and a top notch special teams player ...

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    But why? Darby is a prototypical 3rd down back. He is quick and shifty, catches the ball well, is an excellent blocker, and a top notch special teams player ...

I don't think he is any quicker and shiftier than Jackson, and if he is, it is very minimal. Since he is small, it may seem that he is quick and shifty, but he doesn't have many moves, he doesn't have great vision, and isn't consistent. He has a couple good plays every once in a while.

I want to see more of Toston, but I still want a new RB addition come next year.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

How do you know if he is consistent? He averages about 2 touches a game ...

And Darby is way quicker than Jackson. It might be close 5 years ago, but not now ...

Toston is nothing but a straight ahead runner ...

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Right now if something happens to Jackson, Darby and Toston are not going to cause D coordinators to lose any sleep. Maybe Darby will find a way to stick, but if there is a guy available (draft or FA) who actually is fast, not merely quick - a running back who is a threat to score on any given play and therefore scares opposing Ds - then the Rams should sign him. The Rams were very interested in Darren Sproles at one time as I recall.

Agreed about Toston, he is a north south guy. He hasn't had a lot of opportunities, but given his running style and lack of breakaway speed, I don't think the Rams view him as a guy with much upside. I doubt we'll see him amongst next years final 53.

I view Darby as an adequate utility player, but not a guy opposing defensive coordinators have to game plan for. Steven Jackson isn't getting any younger, so my guess is the Rams will look for a bruiser with some speed, and a third down back who can really run and catch. Noel Devine comes to mind, but durablility issues may scare teams off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast