View Poll Results: How good is the Linehan decision now?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

4 10.81%
  • A-

15 40.54%
  • B

12 32.43%
  • B-

5 13.51%
  • C

1 2.70%
  • C-

0 0%
  • F

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Re: Re-grade the decision

I don't think we should be quick to judge Greg Olson only on his work in Detroit with Joey Harington. They always say, you can't shine (expletive).

majorram is offline Registered User

A- I'm liking the hiring of Haslett,... coupled with Linehan, yep things are looking up!!

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

viper is offline Registered User

I gave it an A-.I'm not to sure about the OC. But, as mentioned previously, since Linehan will be calling the plays it shouldn't be much of an issue.

I like the Haslett signing. I think he's made of the stuff that can turn things around on D. He'll have an opportunity to focus on the defense without all of the distractions of being a head coach.

maineram is offline Registered User

Second round of coaches are in place, along with Linehan, I'd say B. Haslett brings plenty of experience, and a hard nosed mentality to the Defense. The players that are back will see a major change. The Olsen hiring is a mystery to me, not knowing anything about him, let alone what he will bring to the table as the OC.
    Surrounding himself with an OC that is farmiliar with the type of system he wants to run is a plus though, not sure what tree/bush this system stems from an unknown. Air Martz, west coast ????? somewhere in between.
    Haslett's d-staff will be interesting when all positions are filled, along with the type that will be run.

Looking good so far !!!

Maineram - :clanram:
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think the Rams are building a very solid coaching staff. Now, its all about getting some players. None of this will mean anything if the O line doesn't get solidified by the development of Barron/Terrell/Incognito, if the team doesn't find an NFL-worthy TE, and there are no playmakers added to the defense.

A good start to the offseason, though.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Let's see. A QB coach in SF? Only recall Brodie, Montana and and that lefty (nice seeds from Amsterdam keeps me from remembering what's-his name). OK a QB coach in Chicago. Nope. Harbaugh wasn't his. OK. That success story catapulted him to OC in Detroit. Maybe he's knows receivers, but Detroit certainly did know offense - as in an offensive offense. If it had to be an olson, i'd take Jimmy or even the twins before this no-trick pony.

LineInHand gets a passing grade only because he did choose a strong personality for DC. If he wanted a former QB coach he could have just gone back to sMartz. Keeping Ellard made sense. I don't know about the strength coach. Judging by the lack of strength the LBs and DTs and DE showed I'm not sure what keeping him says. Spotters are a dime a dozen.

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman
    Hiring of HC = A-; Hiring of DC = A; Hiring of OC = D-; WR coach and strength coach = B. Overall so far = B-, but hopefully that grade will go up with subsequent hires.
    I agree with your post but the D let see what happen 1st what ya think??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12