laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

RE: Steven Jackson, Call me (laram0) crazy

Is it possible that this hold-out is a smoke screen? Is it possible that the RAMS are giving Jackson a break? Playing this game so that the NFL and his teammates don't get upset with him while they work their butts off? We all know how important he is to our offense. (Also a very important piece if Linehan is going to keep his job). Keeping him healthy for the "REGULAR SEASON" is paramount. Training camp ends 8/14 and our first preseason game is on the road at Tennessee on 8/9. No big deal if he isn't present for the Tennessee game.The starters play very little in the first preseason game as it is anyway. Our next preseason game is on 8/16 at home. The third preseason game is at home as well on 8/23. I would say as long as he's in uniform by the second preseason game things will work out fine. As far as the $15,000.00 per day fine goes. They're just numbers that can be massaged alot of different ways. Jackson is going to be looking at some very large numbers in the form of a contract extension. I'm sure the fines can be absorbed in some creative way.

Am I nuts?

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Re: Steven Jackson, Call me (laram0) crazy

No more so than usual. (Just kidding)

If however, he hasn't reported by the 9th, he loses a year of eligibility, although assuming a deal is getting done, that would be kinda' moot.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Ok .. You're crazy !! On a more serious note, I don't think the holdout is a smokescreen .. It's a contract year and Steven wants his money. The fine is really not that big of a deal, unless the holdout turns ugly. If the Rams can come to an agreement with Jackson, the fine will wither up and blow away. If not ... well lets just hope for the best. It could be that the Rams have made their best offer, and will wait him out .. Unless I'm mistaken, the Rams could forgo signing Jackson and simply franchise him much the same as they did big O for several years .. Sure it would tick him off, but money wise the Rams could consider this to be a viable option as after all - this is a "business" first and foremost .. One thing seems sure: Jackson will likely be reporting on or before Aug 8th as to not forfeit a year of elgibility.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Is it possible that this hold-out is a smoke screen?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Am I nuts?
    Yes.

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Jackson needs to get to camp. Last year he sat out the preseason and he started REALLY slowly. Same with LT. He needs to get to camp in time to participate in the preseason

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Not buying it. Linehan's job is on the line, and part of our off start to last season was attributed to going too easy in the preseason. Theoretically possible? Yes...if you want to get all philosophical about how all we really know for certain is that we exist. It's also possible that we are all living in the Matrix, that Elvis is the shadow owner of the Rams through various proxies, and that most animals can actually speak perfect English but choose not to when humans are around. I mean yeah, it could be true. It'd just be a rather elaborate ruse.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -07-31-2008 at 06:19 PM.

powerjack39 is offline Registered User

It's a good theory, but I doubt it. Training camp is important, whether your a vet or a rook.

This isn't good for morale either, if they really just wanted to hold him out and save him from wear and tear just have him at camp sidelined with a mysterious injury or limit him to position drills.

Jackson is pissed and the sooner a resolution can be had the better.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Or perhaps the Aliens are trying to handicap the Rams by giving Jackson a case of the stupids---hahah!

I dont think your nutz (laram0)--I think Jackson is thought. If your going to holdout, I think it would be the year previous to your last before the start of that season--make sense? He should have held out before the season of 07. Besides, Linehan isn't that smart to hatch such a crafty plan.

If your listening there Mr Jackson--here is some food for thought. Consider if you will, your durability is now in question having gotten hurt last year. Further your stats for 07 where ok, not LT or Shawn Alexsander like(old S. Alexander). So assume your hold out turns ughly, and your left without a team, who in the remaining teams are going to take a big chance on you? Petty much, the favored teams got their RB taken care of. So Mr Jackson, next move is yours.....
    Last edited by Ram Dragoon; -07-31-2008 at 08:23 PM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Rams are holding firm that if he wants to get anything done, he needs to get in camp.
    The above from this evening's (Thursday) camp notes. Let's get Jax's agent to give in and allow Steven to show up already! At least that this negotiation requirement be satisfied.

YodaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    It's also possible that we are all living in the Matrix, that Elvis is the shadow owner of the Rams through various proxies, and that most animals can actually speak perfect English but choose not to when humans are around. I mean yeah, it could be true. It'd just be a rather elaborate ruse.
    Golden, you really shouldn't reveal too many secret truths ..........i'm just sayin'.......

RAM ON!

St.Louis Ram 56 is offline Registered User

Hmmm ,, If it swims in Water, Has Fins, Smells Fishy, Its probably a Fish Right,,, Smokescreen I dunnooooo,,, The Key Running Back, which we are building the Offense around AIN'T shown up.....I d say the season is on the Blocks..... Ever think it could be worse then 3-13, Think again.

I was all about thinking at minimum Division Champ Season, Now Im hoping for just 1 win better than LY 4-12???

PS could they Just forward me the 15,000.00 a day fine to me so I can put it to good use, I work hard where I work, Arrive 1/2 hour early daily, usually the Last man out, following up with everyone.. My Agent, The bank compells me to be there. But 1 thing more important than all this.
    **** My work ethic is being witnessed by my Son, My attitude is rubbing off, To get more money I have to produce, I have no contract, Hell I don't have a gaurenteed Job. I rely on 1 thing. Myself, I make myself so Strong in the Team aspect that Im a corner stone, Could they do it without me ...YES, would they be as profitable, HELL NO, ETHIC ,I learned playing football...The Team is as strong as its weakest player... Give me the player thats there for the Character, in him is the real team player.
    Remember the player that supports and opens the holes for those high dollar running backs...those guys are sweating thier arses off...Not kick'n back calling team mates to see how camp is and what they covered,,,,NOW there is a team hero.... Give him til FRIDAY, TRADE HIM IF HE' IS A NO SHOW NEXT WEEK ( MONDAY ) STEVEN...THIS IS LEAVING A BAD FEELING WITHIN THE TEAM AND YOUR SUPPORTING CAST OF FINE YOUNG TEAM MATES ... Yes I don't see this as a good move, May the turk come knock'n... If u get cut millions will fall off the salary.

Think about it.... Your Coaches are soft... YOU wouldnt get away with this in a Vince Lombardi Team...You would be cut.

Thats a fact!

Thats How I see it....Old School maybe...But its a fact!

BRING IT

Last edited by St.Louis Ram 56; -07-31-2008 at 10:38 PM.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

People...we need to be thinking outside of the box here.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Rep's to you St.Louis Ram 56..... Best off topic post i've seen in a while (Couldn't leave a "team 1st" Clan mate sitting with 0 rep pts now could I?!)