NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Ready for a change? I guess not yet

I've been a ram fan since the winter of 1989, the day before we lost against montanas **** in the playoffs. Eventhough since then we pretty much lost every single game I still was a ram fan, although I didn't care much about the game, even after stupid banks didn't score that TD against the vikings on the 1yrd line, I still was a ram fan, and then DV came, and we got the SB since there these were the best 6 years I spent watching the NFL and trying to figure out by how much would we win the next game.

People say that you have to be prepared for a change, even more, you have to seek the change, but for the last 6 years we have been in the elite of the nfl. There was no offensive record that we didn't break, WR, RB and QB probowlers, high octane offense, 500 points/season, etc. ( I understand . . . "what about the defense?" just lets put that on the side, that is what you should do when you have a .600+ record)

Now its time to change. As hard as it is for me to see MM leave I understand that change comes to us all and we have to accept it and move on. The thing is now, change to what then? when I look back the first thing that comes to my mind are the lasts years in socal. Change back to that? change back to nfl obscurity and first round picks? if it is that, I'll stick to MM. What happened to the **** when they fired their coach? what about the cowboys when JJ left? I don't want to go back to the obscurity?
    We have the players, and we have the fans, I just pray we have also a FO smart enough to keep the team on that elite and not drag us down to where we were b.v. (before vermeil).
    Happy 2006 for all of you . . . can't wait to the training camp!!!!

jaydees is offline Registered User

Re: Ready for a change? I guess not yet

I like Mike. I wish he could have stayed. I like Vermeil. I wish he would have stayed.

I love the Rams period. I live in Maryland now and the Eagles, Ravens and Redskins is all you hear around here. Rams fans are few and far between. At times it's very difficult to get what you need to know about the team living so far away.
    My greatest fear is that the Rams will return to the Rich Brooks/Tony Banks style of coaching and play. At least with Dick and Mike you knew things were going to be poppin'.
    Sometimes change is for the best but doesn't mean I'm not afraid of it.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NY RAMFAN
    What happened to the **** when they fired their coach? what about the cowboys when JJ left? I don't want to go back to the obscurity?
    We have the players, and we have the fans, I just pray we have also a FO smart enough to keep the team on that elite and not drag us down to where we were b.v. (before vermeil).
    Happy 2006 for all of you . . . can't wait to the training camp!!!!
    I believe after Bill Walsh left they managed one more title under Siefert. After Jimmy left Dallas they won one under Swisher. Ol Rainy was handed the keys to one of the greatest offensive JUGGERNAUTS to ever take an NFL field...and WHAT did he do with it? Took them to one SB where they were one of the biggest favorites ever. The result...he was clearly OUTCOACHED and ever since has degraded the team into what we now have...a team that is essentially...HIM!! The league figured out his game and his antics and he was unable to adapt and adjust. His imprint on player and staff personnel is for the most part...pathetic. What a legend indeed.

Stick around NEW GUYS...this just in...the Rams have a STORIED HISTORY as one of the finest, WINNING FRANCHISES in the league. I joined the ranks in the early 70s and this team was a contender virtually EVERY YEAR(amazingly WITHOUT ANYONE NAMED MARTZ!) until the DARK DECADE...and we even emerged from that. There is hope for a brighter day ahead.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Stick around NEW GUYS...this just in...the Rams have a STORIED HISTORY as one of the finest, WINNING FRANCHISES in the league. I joined the ranks in the early 70s and this team was a contender virtually EVERY YEAR(amazingly WITHOUT ANYONE NAMED MARTZ!) until the DARK DECADE...and we even emerged from that. There is hope for a brighter day ahead.
    In the past 16 years, we have gone to the playoffs exactly 0 times without Martz. We just gave away to some other team, the only winning coach this franchise has had since John Robinson.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan
    I believe after Bill Walsh left they managed one more title under Siefert. After Jimmy left Dallas they won one under Swisher..
    I meant, after Carucci that led them to a playoff (who is not even a decent coach) they are the worst, JJ won the three SB for the cowboys, and after that I think they only made it once to the playoffs, the first year with the Tuna.
    MM might have mistaken a lot, but he has set the bar too high. You might like him, you may not, but you can never discuss the records.
    I don't like Bellick but he has a ring, You may not like MM but he has a .600+ record. The best prospectus was g. williams... his only hc experience I think is 4-12 or something like that.

Who knows, maybe we get Rivera and he becomes the next Bellichik, but I doubt it. You can count coaches like MM or Belichik with the fingers of one hand, and their teams doesn't let them go . . . . except the Rams.

I don't count how many times I fall, but how many more I get right up . . . but the thing is . . . I don't like to fall