Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    maxxdigger Guest

Re: The REAL facts about Marc Bulger, and one opinion

because it takes o-lineman longer to get used to everything than does a QB. Now I am not saying playing QB is easy by all means no set in stone way of finding good QB, But the physical part of the game there is no comparisons
    Last edited by maxxdigger; -08-20-2009 at 04:52 PM.

maxxdigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    One piece of supporting evidence. Just one.
    why dont you give us one for the supporters we all would like to hear it I dont support or bash bulger just want to know

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Still confused how Bulger (4-4, 77 yards) looked shaky last week, but Boller (3-9, 27 yards) looked good and fiery ...
    It is a strange phenomenom isn't it?

He might have "looked" confident, but against the Jets he was pretty much vintage Kyle Boller, throwing some rocket passes, but not very accurate and not always making the right decisions.

I hope he improves tomorrow and has a great game, but I don't think he'll be doing anything more than solidifying his role as backup.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by maxxdigger View Post
    here the dif between the two last year only. Big Ben made the big plays when they were needed bulger did not thats the only dif that you can compare. If the rams Defense was like the stealers the fans would still be upset about marks play last year. But we probaly would have won alot more games.

Mark is a system QB he always has been maybe he can make it out of his current funk and lead this team, Maybe not time will tell.

I am guessing that only people on here think Big Ben had a great year last year, Because the guys at nfl network think he was below average in the regular season, But he carried his team to a superbowl win. They all agree on that
    Did Big Ben carry his team to a Superbowl win or did the team carry themselves to a Superbowl win. In 2008 Big Ben had 35 plays of 20+ yds, Bulger had 33. In 2008 Big Ben had 7 plays of 40+ yds and so did Bulger. Not much of a difference there. Are we sure it wasnt more the case that the defense carried Big Ben to a Superbowl win than the other way around?

It's not real hard to win games when your defense only surrenders 13 points a game. The Rams defense surrendered 29 points a game. Sure some of that has to do with the offense being ineffective at times but Bulger would have had to lead his team to 30 points a game on offense to win, Big Ben only needed 2 td's. The Steelers defense gave up only 237 yds a game the Rams defense gave up 371 yds per game pretty big difference.

Im not going out here and saying Bulger is better than Big Ben. What I am saying is Big Ben is a perfect example of a qb that can only perform as good as the o-line in front of them. Big Ben is a good qb but looked pretty poor most of last year due to the poor play of the o-line. We have seen Bulger perform at a very high level but as the o-line got worse so did his play. He had a great year in 2006, whay cant he get back to that form? Maybe Bulger is done and maybe he isnt but I want him to at least be given a chance behind a good o-line again. If he struggles behind a good o-line then I will agree his time has passed.

As for the leadership remarks in this thread, I have heard players call him a good leader. Torry Holt for one. I have never heard a player say he wasnt a good leader. This is just peoples perception. Funny Eli Manning wasnt considered a good leader untill the Giants won the superbowl now all of the sudden hes a great leader? Like I said success blinds people to only see what they want to see.

You cannot honestly say Bulger has had a fair shake the last two years behind those horrid o-lines. This year behind hopefully a re-vamped o-line he will revive his career.
    Just Fix It

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by diehard99 View Post
    Its not how good your stats look that win games.
    But wins and losses are team efforts. For what it's worth, Bulger's offense had this team in a position to win the last 3 games last year had the defense not imploded late in each game.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    But if the organization is looking past this year, then why not get the QB of the future now? Why get a OT to simply protect a QB on his way out?
    Because sadly it wouldn't be a Rams draft if they didn't make a massive screw up of some sort./sarcasm

More seriously, there still existed the possibility going into the draft that the team will need two new offensive tackles in 2010. Better to snap up one now and avoid having to seriously scramble for both next year.

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Interesting how few responses there are on a thread that insists on having a FACTUAL discussion about Marc Bulger. I guess there are a lot of bashers here who don't like facts.
    I like to call myself common sense. If i did not like Martz a time ago I would
    be a basher. If I did not like Linny as a coach I would be a basher. If I did
    not like the draft picks or the GM, the president, or any or the players of old i would be a basher.

I guess i will be a Bashers then..! Bulger does not suck, he just lost "It".
    Last edited by BEER; -08-20-2009 at 09:25 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Its one thing to express criticism.

Its another thing to make overblown negative comments at every opportunity without giving credit for anything good Bulger does.

The latter makes one a "basher."

Some, unfortunately... can't tell the difference.

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Its one thing to express criticism.

Its another thing to make overblown negative comments at every opportunity without giving credit for anything good Bulger does.

The latter makes one a "basher."

Some, unfortunately... can't tell the difference.
    Its also overblown to make so many positive comments when you dont
    even now if those things will happen. And for Bulger, he is a warrior. But
    lots of QB's in the leage are warriors to, but just do not have "It"..

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    but just do not have "It"..
    Well now... I'm glad we've all decided to abandon using nonsense terms in place of actual substantive analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    Its also overblown to make so many positive comments when you dont
    even now if those things will happen. And for Bulger, he is a warrior. But
    lots of QB's in the leage are warriors to, but just do not have "It"..
    So he's not Brett Favre. Is that what you're getting at? It seems like these conversations boil down to something along the line of "We want Marc to be like Brett Favre"

btimsah Guest

The problem with this forum is there are too many mixed signals coming from the Bulger defenders and perhaps the mods as well. One minute you wanna discuss it, then the next minute you don't.

The Bulger defenders want to control what people think and in my opinion are overly emotional when it comes to his defense. So, I've decided that from now on, I will not respond to any blind Bulger defender from this point forward. You can't reason with the unreasonable.

Go ahead, post your emotional, snide response. But it won't matter. I'm officially removing myself from any and all unreasonable debate about Bulger. If I say he sucks, then that's MY OPINION. And control freaks will just have to deal with it.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Thursday evening. Just got here to the Clan / RamTalk and noticed that the "other" thread on Bulger has been closed.

Whew! Man'o man, thank goodness!

Sure, I could have always opted not to read it but instead had been looking for a relieving post to the argument. Finally found it there in red.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by btimsah View Post
    The problem with this forum is there are too many mixed signals coming from the Bulger defenders and perhaps the mods as well. One minute you wanna discuss it, then the next minute you don't.

The Bulger defenders want to control what people think and in my opinion are overly emotional when it comes to his defense. So, I've decided that from now on, I will not respond to any blind Bulger defender from this point forward. You can't reason with the unreasonable.

Go ahead, post your emotional, snide response. But it won't matter. I'm officially removing myself from any and all unreasonable debate about Bulger. If I say he sucks, then that's MY OPINION. And control freaks will just have to deal with it.
    You have been asked consistently to provide contextual analysis to explain your position that Bulger 'Sucks'. You have consistently failed to do this, instead relying on a single statistic to make definitive statements.

Now even if we were to accept that statisitics in isolation could be used this way,the statistic that you've chosen to use is QB rating. Many people have attempted to demonstrate that this statistic is influenced to a large degree by some fairly prime factors, namely offensive line, Defence and special teams.

This is something you've discounted in the main by referring to other quarterbacks around the league, Roethlisberger in particular. As Rammiser amongst others has demonstrated this isn't an effective comparison, given the relative strengths of each teams resepctive units.

Consequently, people feel that its next to impossible for you to pass off what is in effect your OPINION (Using your own emphasis), which incidentally, you are perfectly entitled to voice within moderated constraints, as a FACT. This is where the tension lies.

It is not a FACT that Bulger sucks, its perfectly disputable, it is rather, your OPINION. One which many people NOT unreasonably, disagree with.

On a further note, I think its a little inconsistent to complain of overly emotional responses when you yourself resort to '..sunshine pumpers' and 'blind Bulger defender(s)".

I haven't seen any moderator acting in any way designed to silence this debate, they have however taken the opportunity to disagree with you. Its often the measure of a control freak that they seek to change the nature of the debate or the game when its not going their way and I'm afraid that whilst I've detected a sniff of 'control freakery' in this thread, it hasn't been from any of the moderators.

thoey is offline Registered User

Sheesh. This is a rehash of the same discussion we had years ago, except replace "Marc Bulger" with "Kurt Warner". No one wins or loses this argument.

My personal opinion, and no, I will not back it up with facts, is that the last several years worth of bad teams have deteriorated Marc's ability to lead us (our team) to the Super Bowl. Does that mean he is finished? No. Hopefully, behind this rejuvenated team he can be re-sparked. If not, he will find a home some where else next year, maybe as a starter, but maybe as a back-up. And maybe, along the line he will get a chance to reclaim some of his earlier glory and be the QB he was when he first took over our team. But, at that time, we will be looking for a new franchise QB. It will mean another year of re-grouping, growing, learning. One more year out of the Super Bowl.

Again, this is just my opinion. I don't plan on backing it up by any facts at all. Only way I could do that would be to lay my guts on the keyboard.

*** DISCLAIMER: I mention Super Bowl a couple times. I don't lay this task only at Marc's feet, but the whole team. Just make us respectable. Crawl off the field at the end of the fourth quarter, dragging your entrails behind you, but have a big smile on your face because you know you gave your all, no matter what the end score was. When your wife says "What happened to you?" proudly reply back "You should see the other guy". Make us the team that others don't X out each Sunday and say "cake walk". Be a team, day in and day out, from starting whistle, to ending gun.

Just show you care as much as we do bout being a RAM as we fans do...
    This space for rent...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast