MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Is This a Real Possibility?

Chip Rosenbloom indicated via one of the PD writers that he was not happy with the dynamics of the front office, (sorry no link) and that the Rams need a true leader at the top. Is it possible there is a FO shakeup in the works which will be unveiled in the near future? If major changes were to occur within the FO, I would think all bets are off on Linehan getting another year. If Stan wants to be "the guy," he certainly has the connections to make a call to Goodell and test the waters regarding massaging the cross-ownership issue. Another scenario is that Chip as the current owner could hire a real GM who then could bring in his own guys. Shaw at this point probably wants out and would be happy to go back to LA. The only sore spot remaining would be Ziggy's role, which in the best case would involve Chip insisting on hs early retirement -- as in immediately, or at worst, downsize his role to shuffling the numbers on contract issues. Whatever unfolds, I won't be too shocked if there are some big changes occurring within upper level management in the very near future ... Pure speculation? Absolutely!! Impossible? Absolutely not !!

Re: Is This a Real Possibility?

here is what I think will happen.

2008 ---- nothing, there will be some minor movements but nothing earth shaking. I think if we get a new O coordinator he might be coming in with a hint that he will be the new HC at the end of 08.
    2009 --- major changes, front office and coaching.

I know its a "now" culture but I dont see this happening very quick.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Hmmm, for all we know, his comment could be his first allusion that he'll sell the team. The owner is after all, the "leader at the top".

Interesting though. This, along with the possible availability of Al Saunders, has the potential to be a dynamic offseason. My inclination sides with Ramdez' comment. I'd be surprised if he shook things up drastically this year, that is, unless Linehan starts 0-8 again........????

even if he start 0-8 all I see happening is if Saunders is there, then he would move into the post early

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    here is what I think will happen.

2008 ---- nothing, there will be some minor movements but nothing earth shaking. I think if we get a new O coordinator he might be coming in with a hint that he will be the new HC at the end of 08.
    2009 --- major changes, front office and coaching.

I know its a "now" culture but I dont see this happening very quick.
    If the current Rams FO wasn't all that high on Saunders when he was here before, who's doing the hinting? Better question: Who currently wields the authority to hint? Also, in order to lend veracity to the hint, one would think there would have to be some pointed discussions regarding who's going to be in control at the top of the organization at the end of 2008 and through 2009, thereby assuring said OC that the hint is more than just a carrot on a string.

You're probably right Dez, but I just can't help hoping otherwise, and conspiracy theories are always intriguing - particularly during the off-season ..

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    If the current Rams FO wasn't all that high on Saunders when he was here before, who's doing the hinting? Better question: Who currently wields the authority to hint? Also, in order to lend veracity to the hint, one would think there would have to be some pointed discussions regarding who's going to be in control at the top of the organization at the end of 2008 and through 2009, thereby assuring said OC that the hint is more than just a carrot on a string.

You're probably right Dez, but I just can't help hoping otherwise, and conspiracy theories are always intriguing - particularly during the off-season ..
    "As I type this at 5 p.m. on Saturday, Id rate the buzz this way: Saunders is a real possibility; Williams is a longshot at best. A big longshot. And for Rams fans who are concocting theories that have either Williams or Saunders stepping in as HC, with Linehan being fired no chance of that happening."

STLtoday.com - Bernie's Extra Points - Blog Archive - The Latest on Linehan, Rams
    Darn !! Leave it to Bernie to spoil my hopes ...

Mooselini is offline Registered User

If we start the season 0-4 Saunders will be promoted to HC.

As of 2008, nothing new will happen. New coaches, new players at most.

2009 we're looking at a new FO, possible new coaching (if Linehan screws up), and who knows, maybe even a new location..

LinkBacks (?)

1. -01-26-2008, 08:04 PM