View Poll Results: How many wins do you expect in 2009?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

1 0.68%

1 0.68%

1 0.68%

5 3.42%

10 6.85%

29 19.86%

30 20.55%

30 20.55%

27 18.49%
  • 10-12

8 5.48%
  • 13-16

4 2.74%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Realistically

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Realistically

How many wins do you expect in 2009?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Realistically

I'm saying 6. I don't like how we look at WR, LB, DT, and the O line is still a mystery. We have one DE, one CB, and if Steven Jackson goes down our offense will sputter. Avery right now is nothing but a deep threat, and without the help of another WR he will be shut down.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I'd say realistically 8.

Am I optimistic? Most likely.

But the talent on this roster is bad, they've never had a coach to get them to play to their ability.

I mean, our offensive line:

LT Barron - Who was successful at right tackle whether you like it or not, you can't call him a bust. No, he hasn't been a Pro Bowler, but he's been good for us considering LT is a more natural position for him. I expect a big year from him during the next season.

LG Greco - About the only question mark, can he man a full season at LG? We don't know, but last season showed what he could do. He finished the season off damn well when he got the chance.

C Brown - Just a straight up mauler, he's going to bully those Defensive Tackles all day for us, he's already proven and is one of the best young centers if not one of the best centers in the game right now. he's going to be very good for us.

RG Incognito - We already know what he can do, he pushes alot of guys around and is a fine player himself, only question is whether he can keep his attitude straight, I hope so and believe he can change it.

RT Bell - The only other question mark, but I feel confident that he can play RT for us, he's quicker and will be able to keep up with the Ends, and has experience blocking those big DTs, so I don't foresee him having many problems with an End.

Then you have our backfield:

QB Bulger - Can he come back and play at a High level? I sure as heck hope so, I think a change of scenery and direction is what he needs. Can he become less gun shy?

FB Karney - 'nuff said, he's a Pro Bowl, mouth knockin' brick wall. He's going to be huge for Jackson.

RB Jackson - Again, 'nuff said. The guys a Pro Bowl running back, a true north and south runner, and when he runs north he's going to have Karney, Incognito, Brown and Greco blocking for him. That's 255lbs (Karney), 320lbs (Brown), 314lbs (Greco) and 318lbs (Incognito) blocking straight up the middle for you, and all of them are guys who are going to pop you in the mouth, and then on top of that you have a 240lb animal coming at you coming at a fast pace. How the hell is not not intimidating, just on paper? I have a good feeling that next year, our offense is going to cause havoc running the ball.

Receivers will be alright with Avery, Burton, Stanley and someone else, but look at Philadelphia, they don't have great receivers, but have a damn good Quarterback and running back, such as us.

Tightends will be fine also if McMichael can come back healthy.

And then on defense, which we aren't far away, we're about a big space eating DT and a good MLB away from being a fine defense.

With our DBs almost set ||| ?? | Atogwe | Butler | Bartell |||, we're pretty much set.

Our defensive line |||Long | Carriker/Ryan | Ryan | Little ||| again, like I said pretty much said. I'd really like to get a bigger guy up front however. It's not a knock against Ryan, he just can't play NT at that size for a whole game, we need a big 'ol smelly, dirty SOB to come in as well.

And then LBs ||| Witherspoon | ?? | ?? ||| is really our biggest need. I'd like to see us sign Crowell and draft Curry. That instantly goes from a "Damn, what the heck are we going to do to fix this problem?" to ||| Witherspoon | Curry/ Crowell | Crowell/Curry||| which is potentially a damn good crew, obviously if Curry can make the transition and if Crowell can play to his normal form.

And special teams, we have Josh Brown and Donnie Jones, and most likely Stanley or someone such as Wade or King returning kicks, which, is a solid group.

So yeah, realistically 8 in my honest assessment. I like to have a high standard and a high goal, it gives us something to strive for.
    RamsFan16

thermobee is offline Registered User

8 if everything goes to plan, 10 if we get lucky a few times

eldfan is offline Registered User

Even with drafting a OT we have so many holds to fill. We need a MLB just as bad and not being able to stop the run want get us many wins. 5 wins at best.
    :ramlogo:

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

I figure 6-8 for the reasons already stated by the fine board members before me. Spags and our new FO are on the right track, but it will take a couple years to gel. However, the future is looking good!

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

I think we Will finally go over 8. We will get 9 wins!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I am the ultimate optimist as far as our RAMS are concerned. Heck, I did an article on our 2008 schedule last year and had us going 10-6 at the best and 9-7 at the worst. Playoffs for sure!

Boy was I way off. Time to wake-up and smell the coffee! I obviously rate our players to high in comparison to the rest of the NFL?! It's hard not to being such a die-hard RAMS fan. It's very hard for me to admit or accept that our team is going to be bad. Time to change the glasses I guess.

So here I go.....2009....realistically.

We have had so many changes since the end of the 2008 season. Newness everywhere. Front office, coaching staff, players.........

All the changes have to be for the better, right? I mean we have a won/loss record of 5-27 over the last 2 seasons. It can't get any worse can it?

We still have some more newness coming.....draft for sure and more free agent signings possibly.

The number 8 comes to mind with the rose colored glasses on but my realistic expectation is 5. FIVE as in 5! Man that was hard to do!

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

I'd just like to say that anything over 3 is a drastic improvement right? I'm hoping for six, the draft will be kind to us.

HornIt is offline Registered User

I'm going with 6. But just number of wins won't be how I measure success this season. I want to see them compete for 60 minutes every game and I want to see them playing sound, fundamental foootball whoever is in there. In other words, I want to see positive progress being made. I want to see a definite personality being established. I want to see a well coached team that maybe just doesn't have the horses or the experience yet to win consistently.

I really believe the QB position is going to be a problem area next season. That is going to hold them back. And I think the youth and inexperience on the rest of the offense will limit them as well.

Defensively I need to see what they end up doing at LB. And the front 4 I think is still probably going to be a wink link. We'll see. Hopefully Long, Carriker and Ryan are all ready to breakout. And hopefully new scheme and better coaching will make a significant difference.

TheTalkOfTheArch is offline Registered User

I went with nine, I think the team is going to come in highly motivated. I think the entire organization is motivated thanks to devaney and management. I think players want to play for spags and this organization so I think we'll squeak out 2-3 games on that alone.

ecuram18 is offline Registered User

I like 6-8. Hopefully no fewer than 5 though. Realistically, alot of new faces, new coaches; they will be motivated but let's see if they can get it all together, everyone can learn the new system, gel together and play off of each other instead of playing 11 guys solo. It looks alot better when a team plays as a WHOLE. But anything can happen, look at the Fins last year after a 1 win season and then a complete makeover of a FO and Staff. And I think we are gonna have a really good draft, regardless if we go Curry or OT first, they will be okay either way. Looking forward to training camp so we can see what we have going into the season. Maybe not this year, but I'm gonna say we make the playoffs in 2010. We have young talent, just have to put it all together.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

I went with 8, 4 of 6 within the division, (splits with SF and AZ), split with the NFC North, and 2 of the remaining 6.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Ramone is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HornIt View Post
    I'm going with 6. But just number of wins won't be how I measure success this season. I want to see them compete for 60 minutes every game and I want to see them playing sound, fundamental foootball whoever is in there. In other words, I want to see positive progress being made. I want to see a definite personality being established. I want to see a well coached team that maybe just doesn't have the horses or the experience yet to win consistently.
    For the next sason, I need nothing more than this.

jbell15 is offline Registered User

Honestly, i think you have to go into the season expecting to win all 16 games. If you don't expect to win the game then it takes away from the thrill of the victory, or the agony of the defeat. I'm not going to be happy if they lose week one, and say "it's ok i only expected 6 wins this year". No, anything short of the playoffs is a failure in my book. We have to go into the season expecting this team to be good, and expect to win every game. Anything short of that doesn't do the team or yourself justice.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast