View Poll Results: How many wins do you expect in 2009?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

1 0.68%

1 0.68%

1 0.68%

5 3.42%

10 6.85%

29 19.86%

30 20.55%

30 20.55%

27 18.49%
  • 10-12

8 5.48%
  • 13-16

4 2.74%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Realistically

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Re: Realistically

7!!! Thats all we need to get into the playoffs.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I am going to withhold an opinion until after the draft. I think that the selections can make a difference.

Ultimately, though, I'm thinking of a range of 6-9 wins.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jbell15 View Post
    Honestly, i think you have to go into the season expecting to win all 16 games. If you don't expect to win the game then it takes away from the thrill of the victory, or the agony of the defeat. I'm not going to be happy if they lose week one, and say "it's ok i only expected 6 wins this year". No, anything short of the playoffs is a failure in my book. We have to go into the season expecting this team to be good, and expect to win every game. Anything short of that doesn't do the team or yourself justice.
    the passion to win all 16 games, is different and set apart from understanding that you may not win all of them. the post asks for realistic predictions... not desires.

do you suggest then that as soon as one loss in the books, the team should give up because they failed expectations? o' course not. you play with the passion to win all 16... but you temper those "expectations" with the realistic understanding there's going to be a loss here and there.

personally, i don't mind if they don't make the playoffs, so long as they play hard and smart like a playoff caliber team. COMPETE! its when the team fails to compete that pisses me off. Its only then that i'll come join you and start throwing around the word 'failure.'

its like in the '90's when the team was awful. in those days, there were two games a year that would be great: not because of win/loss, but because of the way the team played. Rams sucked the rest of the time, but when it came to the ****** games... they competed. I haven't missed a Rams game in years, so to me, that makes all the difference in the world. respectfully submitted.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jbell15 View Post
    Honestly, i think you have to go into the season expecting to win all 16 games. If you don't expect to win the game then it takes away from the thrill of the victory, or the agony of the defeat. I'm not going to be happy if they lose week one, and say "it's ok i only expected 6 wins this year". No, anything short of the playoffs is a failure in my book. We have to go into the season expecting this team to be good, and expect to win every game. Anything short of that doesn't do the team or yourself justice.
    This makes me think of the comedian Bobby Collins and a skit he does frequently.

EX: Bobby's wife comes home from work and catches Bobby with his feet on the sofa. She angrily reminds him that she doesn't like it when he puts his feet on the sofa and tells him to get them off. He responds (on the outside)
    Yes, dear sorry about that it won't happen again. However ,(on the inside) get off my back you big pain in the arse.

As a fan, I want and expect us to win every game (on the outside). Being "REALISTIC" (on the inside) I just don't see or feel it happening.
    Last edited by laram0; -03-12-2009 at 02:58 PM.

jbell15 is offline Registered User

All i'm saying is that i will never send out a post, saying that i expect the rams to win 6 games. I expect to win every game, but the season is not a failure, unless we don't improve on our record

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I want to go out on a limb and say nine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I have no idea at this point. The draft is surely going to add further shape our team along with the possibility we may pick up another talented player or two when mandatory roster cutdowns occur during preseason. Another factor is whether or not the team can avoid the injury bug that has plagued the Rams of late. Regardless of acquired players' skill level, whether it be through FA or the draft, they need to be on the field -- not in the trainer's room for us to really have a shot at more wins than losses in 09 ...

Ask me again after the draft .. Then ask me again after our preseason games ... Surely by then I can pull something out of my .. er .. uh .. back pocket.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

If from now to next season, we continue to improve our roster, and have a solid draft, and stay mostly injury free, then I can see us getting about 7-9 wins.

If we get a bad draft, and get some injuries early in the season, I see us getting maybe 5 or 6.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I'm saying 6. I don't like how we look at WR, LB, DT, and the O line is still a mystery. We have one DE, one CB, and if Steven Jackson goes down our offense will sputter. Avery right now is nothing but a deep threat, and without the help of another WR he will be shut down.
    I'll bite with 6 wins, no doubt. The young emerging talent should lock 6 down ...

I'll add 2 more games that we'll sneak a victory out of that we shouldn't, and go with 8 ...

As for Avery being nothing but a deep threat, I have to question how many Rams games you watched last year. He showed that he is FAR more than a deep threat ....

RealRam is offline Registered User

Count me in as another optimistic fan that b-e-l-i-e-v-e-s in our potential to win 9 (my vote). With a shot at a wild card too!

Now had LARAM0 not specified the "realistically" requisite, I'd go for a wilder TEN.

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I'm saying 6. I don't like how we look at WR, LB, DT, and the O line is still a mystery. We have one DE, one CB, and if Steven Jackson goes down our offense will sputter. Avery right now is nothing but a deep threat, and without the help of another WR he will be shut down.
    I said six, and for the same reasons. Buuuutt who knows, we could be atlanta, miami, cards next year.

Ramer is offline Registered User

My heart wants to say 10. Okay, I am going with my heart. 10 wins!

rams#1 Guest

I expect atleast 10 wins every year.. this year is no different.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Right now the way it stands I would say 5. Because like Tex said we only have one DE and one CB. We have three other guys on the DL that are all young and still need to prove that they can be good consistently. Our LB core is bad we have to be near the bottom if not on the bottom in LB's. Witherspoon is our best LB but if he has to play MLB he is below average at MLB. We have no RT currently accept possibly a guy that came in to small at gaurd last year (285-290). We also have Avery as our most experienced WR and he is in his second year.

With that said I think we could be better then 5 wins and closer to 8-9 wins if we draft Curry in round 1 and get another SLB like Crowell or a later round backup to go with Curry and Witherspoon.Then our LB's went from bad to good with Witherspoon going from below average at MLB to above average at OLB. Curry would be above average at MLB. Then we need an OT maybe in round 2. He would have the potential of being better then a guy that came in at 285-290 last year. Then if we pick up a WR via free agency that has some expierence and/or draft a good possesion WR in round 3 that would help Avery. In the later rounds and possibly via trade or free agency pick up another DT to rotate in with Ryan and Carriker.

Cabo3334 is offline Registered User

I know we have potential. I mean look at last year. We beat the cowboys and Redskins and for a second. And we know what a little motivation can do whether it be throwing chairs haha or whatever. I think with the revamped Defence and the addition of Karney to help out Mr. Jackson I think we will improve from last year.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast